Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I am inclined to agree with you about Green Lantern, but there is no conceivable argument suggesting he could ruin Deadpool. He is Deadpool. Its an absolutely perfect cast. I cannot wait for the solo movie, although Im sure Lantern will get fastracked and move ahead of it.
    Only the writers will kill Deadpool. I haven't read any Greed Lantern so I can't say anything on that note.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern would be perfect.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern would be perfect.
        Nathan Fillion would be perfect in pretty much any role.

Comment

• My god, how I love this movie.

worker bees can leave
          even drones can fly away
          the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• ...and this one. Comedy Central is on fire today.

worker bees can leave
            even drones can fly away
            the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• I absolutely hate that movie...I only laughed a few times when I watched it. I cant even really remember at what specifically, either. Time seemed to slow while I was watching it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                I absolutely hate that movie...I only laughed a few times when I watched it. I cant even really remember at what specifically, either. Time seemed to slow while I was watching it.
                Every time I've seen it, I've been extremely intoxicated. Luckily, the streak continues.

worker bees can leave
                even drones can fly away
                the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• For some reason I really liked Hot Rod. I think the relationship with his dad is hilarious and Isla Fisher is really ******* hot.

cool beans
                  cool beans
                  COOL COOL
                  BEANS BEANS
                  COOL BEANS

Last edited by Scotty D; 03-01-2010, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• I saw A Single Man the other day. Nice movie to watch in theaters. I doubt I'd like it at home on DVD since it's pretty slow. But it's nice to see there's still reason to take anything Colin Firth does serious.

that said there is A LOT of naked men in that movie.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Personally, as a comedy man, I really loved Hot Rod.

Cheap Laughs, future foreshadowing of SNL movies

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• I went and saw Up in the Air last night and I was very tempted to have sexual intercourse with the girl I was with since we were the only two in the theater, but unfortunately, for me, that didn't happen.

Anyway, it was a great movie. Not the best movie of the last year, but Clooney is great and Anna Kendrick was a pleasant surprise. A pretty depressing movie that captures the state of America at the time of lay-offs and down sizing of businesses. This is up there with Syriana as Clooney's best performance, and it's one of the best movies he's been in. He has a very interesting character that didn't really take much for him to get into character... it's basically George Clooney. There are some genuinely funny moments -- a scene with Farmiga and him looking at pieces of plastic that Patrick Bateman would drool over -- as well as some great dramatic moments.

I loved the relationship his character has with Farmiga's, and where it ends. The film ends on a great note... it wasn't overly hopefully and it had character's and people that were aware that they were in hard times and they don't know when it's going to end, but how they overcome that... that was a special moment. This is Jason Reitman's best film to date. I hated Thank You For Smoking and thought Juno was okay, but ultimately, forgettable. I had high expectations since it has a bunch of Oscar nominations and some have called it an instant classic. I don't think it's an overly great movie in any aspect, but it's topic and the way it handles the time period we have been in is done as well as you can do. People can look back at this movie in thirty years and see how devastating a time period we were in. One of the best movies of the year.

Also saw the majority of the The Reader. This is the second time I have tried to watch it, and I got much further into the movie this time. I actually left the room and went to bed with about 15 to 20 minutes left in the movie. Ultimately, the film is weightless and acts as if it is dealing with some kind of profound subject or profound character when Anna Schmitz is just a ****** who can't read. The best scenes are midway through the film, but the reason why Schmitz is sent to prison is so stupid and so moronic that I literally said, "**** this movie, it's a waste of my time." She was ashamed? Wow!! My mind is blown. It's completely worthless. Well made and Winslet is good, but this movie left me feeling nothing other than pure hatred. I was pissed that I had just sat through an hour and a half... and for what? For pretty much nothing. A girl screws a little boy, then gets sent to prison for the rest of her life, is then released... and that's as far as got... and that took 1 hr and 40 min. What a piece of **** movie.
                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                        Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                        I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                        Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                        I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                        Originally posted by GoRavens
                        Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Hot Rod is terribly unfunny, but Isla Fisher is unfairly hot. It was a wash.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                            Hot Rod is terribly unfunny, but Isla Fisher is unfairly hot. It was a wash.
                            Its on again!

Comment

• worker bees can leave
                              even drones can fly away
                              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Hot Rod is a little too weird in some parts, but I like it.

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen
                                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information