Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark City is indeed fantastic.

Saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D. Movie was pretty meh, but the cat was pimp.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Dark City is indeed fantastic.

I really liked the Mad Hatter too. But then again I love pretty much anything Johnny Depp does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
        I really liked the Mad Hatter too. But then again I love pretty much anything Johnny Depp does.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Haven't seen it. Is it some kind of counter-argument or an approval?

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            That's exactly the same opinion of the movie that I had.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• So now they're saying Krasinski isnt the frontrunner for Captain America and is actually out of the running all together.

It's down to...

Wilson Bethel
              Mike Vogel
              Chris Evans
              Garrett Hedlund

"Actors previously reported as testing including Krasinski, Michael Cassidy, Chace Crawford, Scott Porter and Patrick Flueger are no longer under consideration, say the sites. The part calls for a nine-picture deal, the second of which would be The Avengers."

Also Robert De Niro is going to play Vince Lombardi in an upcoming movie.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-10-2010, 02:21 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• my money would be on mike vogel.

bethel's jaw is a little too square and just misses.

evans i love but he's overexposed and already in-universe as human torch

garrett hedlund is too young and has a channing tatum quality to him that i just don't believe he'd actually kill something. too modelish and not enough killer.

vogel.....if you take a baseball bat and beat some of the douche out of him then i'm confident that he'll end up being big enough and serious enough to be captain america. and end up giving him a rougher haircut...he just might be able to act like the greatest comic book character out there. i'm hoping they follow brubaker.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/165...-four-updated-

this link has a great breakdown with pictures of everyone involved.
                Last edited by Prowler; 03-10-2010, 07:28 AM. Reason: link
                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Anyone else keen for Diary of a Wimpy Kid!

Comment

• Hmmm. Hedlund and Evans are two guys who weren't listed originally as choices for Cap, and I wont lie I like them both better then Vogel, who was my original choice after the last group came out. Evans is by far the strongest dramatic actor out of them, and his involvement as the Human Torch is moot as the series is being rebooted and isnt even owned by Marvel, unlike Cap. Evans is a guy who could definitely do it, but his cheekiness/sarcasm don't really scream the stoic character that Cap needs.

Hedlund is young, but I think he could do it as well. Hes headlining the new TRON movie (btw, trailer was sick, go google it if you havent seen it). From what I understand, they are trying to go young with the role.

I havent seen much of Vogel beyond Grind and Cloverfield, but hes getting alot of love inside the Hollywood circuit right now, as he was the #2 choice behind Chris Pine for the role of James Kirk in the new Star Trek.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Hedlund is one of my favourite, little known actors. I used to draft him all the time in our movie drafts.

Comment

• All I want is for Joseph Gordon Levitt to get a superhero role. Preferably one where he's a bastard.

Comment

• I'd like Chris Evans as Cap, especially since they're rebooting Fantastic Four. Him and Jessica Alba in her underwear were the only good things about the first one.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• hopefully disney can eventually make a movie that actually does justice to x-men. if i see one more movie where cyclops is anything except a confident leader(and alive) i'm going to ....whine like a little girl and still see whatever movie they make.
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Chris Evans is not Cap. Cap is not exactly a barrel of monkeys.

This whole casting process is how we ended up with the Friday Night Lights kid as Gambit instead of James Franco zomg.

Comment

• Also Robert De Niro is going to play Vince Lombardi in an upcoming movie.
                                And the Oscar for Best Makeup goes to ....

It will require massive facial makeup alterations + a fatsuit for skinny DeNiro to look like thick-bodied Lombardi. Ernest Borgnine who looks like his twin played him in an earlier TV film about his GB glory days made way back in the 70s, it will be interesting to see if the maestro DeNiro equals or improves on it. I hope they don't lionize him in the film as previous ones have, most of his ex-players said he was the meanest SOB of a HC you could play for & he inspired such fear in his players that they didnt dare **** up on the field. Lombardi was alos sentimental & very emotional himself, had many human moments that tend to get lost in the historical iconic recreation of the man for whom they named the SB trophy.

Rented Surrogates, & all I can tell my fellow film buffs is don't bother.... it was bald Bruce Willis playing his stock rogue cop character again & with a lame plotline so they had to dazzle us with bogus cyber images on too many monitors thorughout. How much of that do we have to take, really? I never thought I would post praise of I, Robot, I thought this would be another hero vs. the CG bots scifi film but it wasn't even close to that good. I give it 1 & 1/2 stars b/c of the supporting performances of Ving Rhames & Radha Mitchell's usual superlative performance, she's an underrated actress who's been on the radar since Pitch Black, an underrated scifi classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information