Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• american history x, start with the best

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
      I bought A History of Violence, American History X and The Fountain for 15 bucks. Which should I watch first?
      The Fountain is one of my favorite movies, but American History X is so ******* awesome.

I would go:
      1) AHX
      2) fountain
      3) AHoV

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I bought A History of Violence, American History X and The Fountain for 15 bucks. Which should I watch first?
        1) AMX -- For Ed's visceral performance
        2) A history of Violence -- For Viggo's visceral performance

2nd day:
        3) The Fountain. It deserves a whole contemplative day to digest,incredibly intricate move like 2001: ASO, or Orlando. You can discuss it for hrs & hrs......

Just watched the Children of Men again -- even the sanitized version on cable made cry, damn, such a gut-wrenching, superlative, stunning film! The sterile futuristic dystopia is so well done, & it follows the mythology path of the hero's journey with lots of archetypal supporting characters, Michael Caine was the best of them. The combat sequences at the conclusion of London coming apart were orchestrated precisely & all done with handheld cameras, just masterful like the Blood Diamond all in one take combat sequences, one of the 10 or so films over the last few yrs. I stood & applauded (not alone) at the end in theaters.
        There's a whole line of superb Welsh actors --> Richard Burton, Anthyony Hopkins, now Clive Owen is next in line. I expect him at Oscartime soon.

Also applauded at Hurt Locker, glad it swept the Oscars.

Comment

• Watching Sugar tonight. Hope it's as good as advertised.

Comment

• Did BigBanger really say Sergio Leone, John Wayne, and Clint Eastwood sucked?

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
              Did BigBanger really say Sergio Leone, John Wayne, and Clint Eastwood sucked?
              I like to pretend BigBanger isn't real.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Saw The Green Zone and it was good but I am biased since I love the Bourne movies. The story is different but the cinematography is exactly like Bourne and probably because its directed by the same director. The movie is shot in all handheld and the fight scene was shot the same as Bourne as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                  Saw The Green Zone and it was good but I am biased since I love the Bourne movies. The story is different but the cinematography is exactly like Bourne and probably because its directed by the same director. The movie is shot in all handheld and the fight scene was shot the same as Bourne as well.
                  Just came back from it and it was complete and utter averageness. The story line was interesting and kept you into it but the action scenes weren't all that good and I thought the ending was kinda weak, though it did wrap everything up I would have like to have seen it done differently.

It was watchable but it was just didn't pull you in like the Bourne movies.

6/10

stephenson86

Comment

• Tropic Thunder was alright. Some funny moments.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I'm looking forward to Greenberg, starring Ben Stiller as middle aged Jew.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Has Edward Norton ever done anything in which he wasn't absolutely fantastic?

Comment

Has Edward Norton ever done anything in which he wasn't absolutely fantastic?
                          The Italian Job

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I'll blame this on the fact that Gary Gray really sucks.

Comment

Has Edward Norton ever done anything in which he wasn't absolutely fantastic?
                              Pride and Glory, Red Dragon, The Score, Keeping the Faith, The Italian Job...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Any of you guys see Rounders with Damon and Norton?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information