Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Norton

Best Movie: Fight Club - Without question. One of my favorites.

Best Performance: Primal Fear - AMX is close just for the drastic body change and THAT ******* CURB STOMPING SCENE!!!!! The performance and the movie, after that scene, just never reach that level again, and it's a bit of a let down. But the performance itself is a little... meh. I hated the character arc. Just didn't work for me. He's also great in Fight Club, he's just kinda overshadowed by one of the best characters/performances ever)

Overrated Movie: Primal Fear - Guessed it since it copied the whole Verbal Kint twist and it had Richard ***** in it, and, if you couldn't tell, I hate that ******* *****.

Underrated Performance: Down in the Valley - Even if it's a little too similar to Tax Driver. He's good in it, but it's never talked about.

Overrated Performance: 25th Hour - Not a bad performance by any means, but I just don't see the acclaim this movie or this performance got. He was good, Berry Pepper was great, the **** you montage was exceptional, but I've seen it multiple times and the movie just does not stick with me... at all.

He really hasn't done anything substantial in quite some time.
    Last edited by BigBanger; 03-13-2010, 12:55 PM.
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
    Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
    I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
    Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
    I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
    Originally posted by GoRavens
    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• His underrated performance should go to Death to Smoochy. Hes awesomeness.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        His underrated performance should go to Death to Smoochy. Hes awesomeness.
        Every known and then you do drop some knowledge, this is one of those rare cases. Death to Smoochy was fantastic.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          Any thoughts on In the Loop, watch the first half our yesterday and gunna go finish it right meow. I'm liking it so far but I like British humor a lot so I is be biased.
          Hilarious, Capaldi's nonstop obscenities are fantastic

Comment

• You all need more of this in your life

Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Well that's just a whole bunch of yes.

Two very good movies, to start.
              There really aren't too many of Evans' movies that I like besides Sunshine, but he's very good in it, and he's another guy I'm excited to see in Scott Pilgrim.
              Gosling is possibly my favorite actor. Murphy is all kinds of awesome. Schneider and Mortimer always impress me when I see them, and I'm totally hot for Rose Byrne.

Comment

• Sunshine was so awesome until it got turned into a horror movie. Then I thought it was kinda lame.

Comment

• 25th Hour, overrated?

Fo serious?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Watched a few lately while working on the new mock draft:

Up in the Air - Based on the premise I probably wouldn't have been interested in seeing this one. However, after all the great reviews I had to take the plunge and was pleasantly surprised.

Zombieland - Quirky but better than I thought.

Capitalism: A Love Story - Well done but depressing.
                    Scott Wright, President
                    Draft Countdown.com
                    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      His underrated performance should go to Death to Smoochy. Hes awesomeness.
                      I actually liked DtS though. Jon Stewart, Robin Williams as a psychotic killer, what's not to like ?

All those characters in fluffy furry animal costumes kind of creeps anyone out.

Capitalism: A Love Story - Well done but depressing.
                      Warning : Spoiler Alert. Very good documentary, rented it as soon as it came out, it takes the viewer through the entire arc of enrage at Wall St. to outrage at the bailout to complete depression when you buy into their thesis that Wall St. owns the whorehouse Senate. Not as visceral as other Michael Moore films though. One of 7-8 Americans unemployed now, but Wall St. mogul & former Treasury Sec'y Paulson is worth > $700M, cause & effect here, anyone? If you lost investments bigtime like I did this documentary will make you want to join an angry mob going into the Goldman Sachs bldg. on Wall St. with a rope.

Question: Is it true this is MM's last film?
                      Last edited by LizardState; 03-13-2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• I love Death to Smoochy, that was the point. Great movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                          Question: Is it true this is MM's last film?
                          Let's hope so.

Comment

• Shutter Island is one weird movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                              Shutter Island is one weird movie.
                              I liked it.

Comment

• I like to dissect girls. Did you know that I'm utterly insane?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information