Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    I like to dissect girls. Did you know that I'm utterly insane?
    I didn't know that, but I'll be glad to assist you whenever.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
      Oh, I understand the pacing. You don't have to be a film major to get it. I also understand and realize the pacing is very self-conscious. I think the ending works. I think it is great.

This is what I felt when I saw Once Upon a Time in the West from the get go. Okay, he's doing the whole, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly thing here with a long ass ******* wait before a shootout. The difference here was the line, not the shootout (and ten times longer). You know Fonda is going to win. It just took us 15 minutes to get the great line, "You got two, too many." Wow!!!! My mind is ******* blown. Do I really need to see a guy blow on a fly for that long? I understand what is going on. It's matter of being successful. That is not suspenseful, that is boring. When you are trying and attempting to create mood and atmosphere with tension and suspense and entice boredom from a viewer, very painful boredom, that is a failure. If you call that shallow, then I don't really have a response for that. I didn't watch the movie to see how different it was from previous Westerns.

For me, set pieces and musical scores are there to ENHANCE the film. They aren't the film. I think The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is an average film with an above average ending. I am more than happy to miss out on the rest though. I love movies, but I hate movies of guys kicking dirt around for 20 minutes. The editing is awful in every movie I've seen from his. Every movie of his has been an hour too long. A full hour. Too long. Yet, these movies are masterpieces? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is atrociously flawed from a technical standpoint (sound also kills the performances). Bizarrely overlong. Random and completely pointless social commentaries on war? Do I care? Why don't you save me the 30 minutes Sergio, cut out the entire war commentaries and just stick to the ******* story. The movie is simply unnecessarily long. Once Upon a Time in the West is just unbearable. I watched the ending on Youtube, pretty good ending, I just don't have the patience to sit through what feels like a 5 hour movie.

Is this guy serious??? btw I like the irony that you are the (incorrect) Sergio Leone that you speak of in your posts. Takes you 3 paragraphs to drone on and on and on and on about your simple minded point that could have been explained in three sentences.

Comment

I like to dissect girls. Did you know that I'm utterly insane?
        You're a ******* ugly *****. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          You're a ******* ugly *****. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.
          Well there's no way I let you go through with this. I'm the only one to play around with Brodeur. Now I'm pretty skilled with knives and I'd be happy to meet you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
            Well there's no way I let you go through with this. I'm the only one to play around with Brodeur. Now I'm pretty skilled with knives and I'd be happy to meet you.
            I want you to clean your vagina.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
              I should introduce you to American Psycho.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I knew those were quotes, but yes, you should.

Comment

• Brooklyn's Finest was ok, I kind of expected more out of it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                    I want you to clean your vagina.
                    FEED ME A STRAY CAT

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Bale's best movie.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                        Bale's best movie.
                        Equilibrium !

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP9W04ADO_Y

(embedding was disabled :()
                          Last edited by Bengals78; 03-14-2010, 12:33 PM.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• http://www.avclub.com/articles/enhan...l-3d-ve,39164/

James Cameron is the world's most arrogant and annoying prick.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• He should have been "taken care of" back in the late 80's-early 90's.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• one step closer to my dream of a fully functioning, nonbacktalking, fully lifelike robot of a young kate winslet. first 3d, soon....fully interactive robots.

(hybrid of titanic, terminator, and james cameron's progressive technology)
                                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information