Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Really? I could do without 40 minutes of the Scarecrow and the Tinman walking around in zoot suits to a slow-pan cam. The Tarantino interest among young males is puzzling to me. Pulp Fiction was great. I can't think of anbything else he's done that registers above mediocre.
    Outside of Death Proof and Four Rooms (which he only did a segment of), he has a great track record as a director (to me at least).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Really? I could do without 40 minutes of the Scarecrow and the Tinman walking around in zoot suits to a slow-pan cam. The Tarantino interest among young males is puzzling to me. Pulp Fiction was great. I can't think of anbything else he's done that registers above mediocre.
      -You arent much older than I am, so you cant pull that "young males" line.
      -I enjoy True Romance and Jackie Brown far more than my peers do
      -I just think it would be ******* weird.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• You misunderstand me good sir. I'm not excluding myself from the young males line. In fact, the zenith of Tarentino ('92-'97) was my formative years, and probably before a lot of posters' time.

******* weird I would agree with.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

The Tarantino interest among young males is puzzling to me. Pulp Fiction was great. I can't think of anbything else he's done that registers above mediocre.
          if you think that then Tarantino films must just not be for you. 'Basterds, Jackie Brown, and most especially Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill were fantastic movies. I wish there were more filmmakers with the same kind of creativity that guy has.

Comment

• The Enron documentary is good stuff (I've seen it before but it's still entertaining).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• What's a Nubian?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                What's a Nubian?
                My favorite Kevin Smith movie, and thats saying something.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Can't say that I agree, but still a very good one.
                  That line gets me every time. Right up there with "In a row?"

Comment

• Kevin Smith sucks (man I'm a hater)

Saw 'One Flew Over' tonight. Fantastic movie. Gotta love Jack.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Kevin Smith sucks (man I'm a hater)

Saw 'One Flew Over' tonight. Fantastic movie. Gotta love Jack.
                      One of my favorite movies

Comment

• Never got the Kevin Smith thing either. I haven't seen a lot of his movies but the ones that I have just weren't funny.

Agree with Tarantino being overrated somewhat also... I find myself troubled to agree with a bearsfan on so much. I liked Basterds but I don't think it was a masterpiece by any means. I also enjoyed Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. Thought Jackie Brown was pretty dull and that Kill Bill just used violence to make up for an otherwise dull movie. It had some cool parts but it wasn't great, imo. Also, Uma Thurman is just unattractive and that doesn't help me opinions of his movies given she plays a key role in a couple, I think with a better actress or at least a better looking actress they could have been much better movies.

Also... Watched Fantastic Mr Fox and Blindside yesterday. Blindside was good, I enjoyed that they didn't overcheese it when they could very easily have. It isn't a great movie by any means but it is very solid and enjoyable. Mr Fox was cool and the message in it was a great one or at least the message I took from it was a great one.

Will get to watch The Hurt Locker over the weekend. Have decided to go in with low expectations as for the most part the recent films that are highly regarded and award nominated to me have been the kind of films that people like just because others did and the types where people like them in the first place because they are different, not because they are good to watch or actually good movies. So hopefully with that view I will be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• I had no idea that a movie such as this was actually made. Unbelievable.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/i-love-tiptoes

Comment

• Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
                            I had no idea that a movie such as this was actually made. Unbelievable.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/i-love-tiptoes
                            Yes I have seen this movie.
                            Yes it is a piece of crap.
                            Yes Kate Beckinsale is still sexy in it.

Kate Beckinsale = good chance I will see the movie at somepoint.

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

• http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/167...ptain-america-

sebastian stan as bucky in captain america. multimovie deal. thank god because that means it looks like they are going with the brubaker storyline.
                              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Who the hell is Sebsatian Stan?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information