No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random soft looking model guy who missed out on being Captain America. says he was in the show failure Kings, and for movies was in The Covenant and was Blaine in Hot Tub Time Machine.

its important because he's Bucky in a multi picture deal. which means i can trust this movie.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• So I was looking at the whole cast of the movie Thor, and got me thinking this movie could be the best one in the Avenger series.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

• I really ******* hope Joss Whedon directs The Avengers. After Favreau said no, I was a little worried, but if anyone could direct that epic bastard of a film, its Whedon.

Sebastian Stan, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. Whatever, really. Im actually hoping that the Bucky Barnes business isnt given that much development in the movie. I wasnt a fan in the comics, I dont see why that would change in the movie.

Thor is one of those movies where Im incredibly interested to see how it turns out. I still think they cast the wrong guy (should of been Skarsgaard, IMO), but the rest of the cast is phenominal. Im interested to see how they blend it with the ultra realistic tone of Iron Man and the super science aspects of The Incredible Hulk. Thats a movie they have to be very careful with, or its going to come across really cheesy.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Ray Stevenson should be great.
          What this movie has going for it is Anthony Hopkins as Odin. One of the best actors around.
          The trick will be getting it to mesh just right with the series format.
          The newer Incredible Hulk movie wasnt terrible so I think they should be able to do alright with it.
          The effects worry me the most. They are either gonna be kick ass or look like something from Scify late night specials.

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

• I think the effects will be fine. If you have ever read a Thor comic, there is alot of Norse/Old English dialect and mythology, and Ive no idea how they are going to incorporate it into an Earth setting. Its just gunna be weird if they dont do it properly.

And I quite liked The Incredible Hulk. It wasnt Iron Man, but it wasnt supposed to be. Bruce Banner doesnt really have the same sort of appeal as a character as Tony Stark does.
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• My guess is they will include Bifrost since Heimdall is in it. So a way to cross to and from Asgard to the human world (Midgard)

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

• thor will be awesome. the dramatic merging of mythical and present day should be pretty cool.

the thing to keep in mind with bucky is that with disney gearing up to take over i've noticed a ton of subtle changes in the marvel comics. right now they are gearing up for a 'heroic age' of thor, iron man, and bucky as captain america. i wouldn't be surprised if they killed steve rogers off (again), or at least let him retire for a few years. bucky is going nowhere and i kind of think that the movies will reflect that synergy with the comics. they are definitely trying to create a new status quo that will be familiar with audiences and comic fans.

i've even noticed that since logan regained his memories, he's become a mentor and leader in the x-men. he's leading x-force, in the avengers, trying to help x-23 and daken, and in the extreme end of the spectrum he's leading the x-men in wolverine and the x-men. cartoons/comics/movies will all feed off of each others successes because that's what the audience will be familiar with watching. i personally wouldn't be surprised to see cyclops be semi-exiled with wolverine leading the x-men after 'second coming'.

but yeah, synergy in all forms of media. bucky will be prominent. captain america vol 5 1-50 were a pretty sweet and realistic reboot of the franchise. check them out online.
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• I guarantee you with Chris Evans signing a 9 picture deal and being a way bigger star then the guy playing Bucky, there is no way in hell Steve Rogers gets killed off in the movies. Absolutely not.

Comment

• it would be 4-6 movies down the chain if they make that many.
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• 9 pictures. That's never going to happen. I dont know how well this is actually going to work. Hopefully it works out well.

As for Thor...may be alone here because, I dont know anything about the comic book character. But how in the world are they going to make a Thor movie remotely interesting? And how does he fit into the same universe as the other guys?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• It isnt 9 solo movies. Its 9 Marvel movies total. So if he appears in his own film, has cameos in sequels for several other Marvel characters, and then does The Avengers, he isnt that far away.

Comment

• For action movie fans..this is going to be epic..

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/the...s-trailer-9599

Comment

• Originally posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
                            For action movie fans..this is going to be epic..

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/the...s-trailer-9599
                            20+ years ago the scene with Arnie, Bruce and Stallone is a historical moment in movies, now its kinda sad...
                            The movie looks pretty kick ass.

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              It isnt 9 solo movies. Its 9 Marvel movies total. So if he appears in his own film, has cameos in sequels for several other Marvel characters, and then does The Avengers, he isnt that far away.
                              Yeah, still quite the deal. Doesnt seem all that likely to be fulfilled, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                how does he fit into the same universe as the other guys?
                                that's the problem, but it looks like they'll do the full blown Norse God angle. which is cool since if i wanted to see a movie about a 'realistic' type dude kicking ass i'd watch Bourne. if i want to see thor, cap, and iron man then i want to see them as themselves. but it should be cool and realistic enough since they'll probably closely follow donald blake's perspective for the movie. donald blake and thor are two separate people. thor is a god who needed humbling. blake was a crippled doctor whom thor uses to anchor his feelings/thoughts/mindset to the world. without blake's perspective on life then thor would probably become a tyrant.

and on a funny side note. did you guys know that thor once shattered a moon with a single punch? i doubt that makes it into the film.
                                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information