No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Blake wont be making an appearance in the movie, I read. Both Branaugh and Kevin Feige over at Marvel said its all Thor, all the time.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• wow, wasn't expecting that. that means epic frost giant battles and confrontations with loki. so it should just become an awesome hack and slash/and lightning movie with gods on hoards of enemies. sweet.
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• I always thought the best Thor story lines were the ones where his godliness was totally unsubstantiated by anyone but himself and people thought he was mostly just a mutant with similar powers to the mythical guy. I doubt they do that though, because the temptation to make all sorts of epic Norse **** will be too great.

Comment

• I went to Clash of the Titans with low standards. I was OK with going, because I had a dollar pass. I figured it would suck, but still be decent. After 5 minutes, I walked out to see if there was any other movies I could watch. There was nothing interesting, so I went back in and sat through this **** show of a movie. I can confidently say that Clash of the Titans is the worst movie of all time. Holy **** was it bad. It was the worst dialogue. It was embarrassingly awkward at points. The plot was choppy and jumpy. The acting was soooooo bad. It had some pretty good unintentional comedy points in it though. Please, do not support this movie. Do not go see it.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
            For action movie fans..this is going to be epic..

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/the...s-trailer-9599
            The sad part, even with Stone Cold Steve Austin and Randy Coture, Bruce Willis is still the worst actor you'll see in that movie... after Jet Li that is, but that should go without saying.
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
            Originally posted by GoRavens
            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Bruce Willis? Were you dropped on your head as a child?
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Now I know you didn't just badmouth John Mcclane.

Comment

• Its like he says stupid **** just so he can be known as the guy who says stupid ****.

Comment

• I hate Bruce Willis. He was very good in Unbreakable, Tears of the Sun and The Sixth Sense... other than that? I've hated him in pretty much everything. I watched the trailer to that cop movie directed by Kevin Smith that got awful reviews (and no surprise since it looked like utter ****), but just the horrible delivery of the horrible line, "I was in the moment, and the moment said smack ya." Just pathetic. If they're showing "jokes" like that in a trailer, you know they know that they just made a pretty ******* awful movie.

I've never seen the Die Hard movies, and most likely, I never will, but from the bits and pieces that I've caught when it's on TV, it seems as though that John McClane is the only character he's wants to play. Virtually ever movie... he's John McClane. I hated him in Pulp Fiction. He and that awful ******* girlfriend that couldn't act her way out of paper bag single handedly ruined what-should-have-been a masterpiece.
                    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• I love Bruce... He is tight

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                        I hate Bruce Willis. He was very good in Unbreakable, Tears of the Sun and The Sixth Sense... other than that? I've hated him in pretty much everything. I watched the trailer to that cop movie directed by Kevin Smith that got awful reviews (and no surprise since it looked like utter ****), but just the horrible delivery of the horrible line, "I was in the moment, and the moment said smack ya." Just pathetic. If they're showing "jokes" like that in a trailer, you know they know that they just made a pretty ******* awful movie.

I've never seen the Die Hard movies, and most likely, I never will, but from the bits and pieces that I've caught when it's on TV, it seems as though that John McClane is the only character he's wants to play. Virtually ever movie... he's John McClane. I hated him in Pulp Fiction. He and that awful ******* girlfriend that couldn't act her way out of paper bag single handedly ruined what-should-have-been a masterpiece.
                        How in gods name can you chirp Bruce ******* Willis when you havent seen his career defining performance? Just stop ******* posting, you make yourself look like a ******* moron on a regular basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          How in gods name can you chirp Bruce ******* Willis when you havent seen his career defining performance? Just stop ******* posting, you make yourself look like a ******* moron on a regular basis.
                          I've seen his best performance... Unbreakable. Why would I need to see Die Hard? He plays the same John McClane character in every other movie. I don't really need to watch Die Hard to know he's a terrible actor. The Jackel? Awful. The Fifth Element ? Awful. Ruined 12 Monkeys. ******* ruined it, because he was that ******* awful. Armageddon? LOL awful.

Do I have wait until I watch Forrest Gump before I can call Tom Hanks a good actor? When I watch Philadelphia, Cast Away, The Green Mile, Charlie Wilson's War, Catch Me If You Can, Road to Perdition, Apollo 13 and Saving Private Ryan and I think, "Wow, I love this guy. He's a great actor." You're saying I have to wait until I see his most popular movie before I can make such judgment and have a valid opinion? Is that what you're saying?

You want to limit Bruce Willis to one movie, one performance, one character... then so be it. I guess that is enough for me to call him a terrible actor with no range. If I have to watch one movie and develop an opinion, good or bad, on an actor, then i guess that actor doesn't have much going for him.

I understand we're talking about a great resume right there (Hanks) and that's a list of some pretty ******* impressive performances / movies and Bruce Willis has movie like Cop Out more frequently attached to his name, but still...
                          Last edited by BigBanger; 04-03-2010, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• I didnt say best performance, I said career defining performance. There is a huge difference in the connotations associated with both those phrases.

Just because an actor does a ****** movie every now and then, or even regularly, doesnt make them a bad actor. Ed Norton did that ****** cop movie Pride and Glory, does that make him any less dynamic? George Clooney did Batman & Robin, is he a worse actor because of it? Your argument falls to **** when you realize that EVERY SINGLE ******* ACTOR CONSIDERED GREAT MAKES A BAD MOVIE. No one has a perfect track record. No one.

And Bruce Willis, for all his faults, is far from an awful actor. I just assumed everyone in the world had seen Die Hard, because its ******* Die Hard, and then I remembered that you might have the most atrocious taste known to mankind.

Comment

I didnt say best performance, I said career defining performance. There is a huge difference in the connotations associated with both those phrases.

Just because an actor does a ****** movie every now and then, or even regularly, doesnt make them a bad actor. Ed Norton did that ****** cop movie Pride and Glory, does that make him any less dynamic? George Clooney did Batman & Robin, is he a worse actor because of it? Your argument falls to **** when you realize that EVERY SINGLE ******* ACTOR CONSIDERED GREAT MAKES A BAD MOVIE. No one has a perfect track record. No one.

And Bruce Willis, for all his faults, is far from an awful actor. I just assumed everyone in the world had seen Die Hard, because its ******* Die Hard, and then I remembered that you might have the most atrocious taste known to mankind.
                              I never said you said anything about his best performance. I said I've seen his best. Why would I need to see his career defining performance if I've seen his best? That's what I said. Why would I need to see Die Hard? I've seen parts of it. The movie looked like ****, the acting looked like ****, it created no interest. I don't waste my time watching movies I don't want to see. Its simple as that.

I have no problem with an actor doing a **** movie. It's when they give **** performances regularly, which is what I see from Willis. The bad far outweighs the good. From time-to-time, actors are going to act in subpar movies. It's going to happen, which IS MY WHOLE POINT!!!! One movie does not make an actor!!!! GOOOOOOOD OOORRRR BAADDDD!!!!!!!

Therefore, I can watch a lot more of Bruce Willis's movies, not just the one, and come to a perfectly valid conclusion that he sucks. He's also getting much worse with age. All his recent **** is unwatchable. 16 Blocks? I forgot about that one. What a ******* joke. Mos Def and him where in a battle to see who could be the most annoying. I turned that off. I couldn't stand it. 35 minutes probably. One of the biggest POS I've ever seen.
                              Last edited by BigBanger; 04-03-2010, 02:08 AM.

Comment

John Cazale and James Dean disagree!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information