Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by comahan View Post
    Thats exactly what I took from it as well.

    The ending either alienates, or captivates you. For me, it was the latter. We're so used to movies building up to a huge inevitable showdown, those of which never actually happen in real life. The themes of Man trying to fight the world, wondering if he belongs anymore... and to overcome the odds to make off with the cash and the girl are evident. But as such bad mother ******* monsters such as Bardem prove, this friggin aint true romance, things dont always end smoothly or the way you expect.

    Although, I can understand those who detest open endings. Its just, I don't.

    And for the record,
    Chigurh has the money, as evidenced by Tommy Lee Jones going back to the hotel crime scene and seeing the unscrewed vent, as well as Chigurh paying the kid off for his shirt.

    Exactly, but you explained it a lot better than I did.

    BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • I loved No Country. It was a refreshing to see a movie that doesn't clumsily try to wrap everything up in the last ten minutes. From what I hear the Coen brothers were extremly loyal to the novel, so I gather that is the way the book ended.

      As for the return of Jay and Silent Bob, it isn't happening. Jason Mewes is playing a different character in Zach and Miri Make A Porno and I am not even sure that Kevin Smith will be in it at all.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by comahan View Post
        Thats exactly what I took from it as well.

        The ending either alienates, or captivates you. For me, it was the latter. We're so used to movies building up to a huge inevitable showdown, those of which never actually happen in real life. The themes of Man trying to fight the world, wondering if he belongs anymore... and to overcome the odds to make off with the cash and the girl are evident. But as such bad mother ******* monsters such as Bardem prove, this friggin aint true romance, things dont always end smoothly or the way you expect.

        Although, I can understand those who detest open endings. Its just, I don't.

        And for the record,
        Chigurh has the money, as evidenced by Tommy Lee Jones going back to the hotel crime scene and seeing the unscrewed vent, as well as Chigurh paying the kid off for his shirt.

        Yeah, but Llewelyn never left the money in the vent. He took it out remember? The last I saw of the money was when he threw it over the bridge going to Mexico. Unless, I am not putting 2 and 2 together, and Im missing something. I loved this movie. But someparts really had me.

        Comment


        • GODAMN! I cannot wait for Indy 4.

          I am watching The Last Crusade again. Its so ******* good. So funny, so exciting! It has everything you could ask for. And ****, Harrison Ford and Sean Connery in the same movie. Awesome ****.

          "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
            Yeah, but Llewelyn never left the money in the vent. He took it out remember? The last I saw of the money was when he threw it over the bridge going to Mexico. Unless, I am not putting 2 and 2 together, and Im missing something. I loved this movie. But someparts really had me.
            Llewelyn went back and got it. He was carrying it when he got to the hotel near the end. He had it in the scene where the woman at the pool asked if he wanted a drink. While in the new hotel, he hid the case in the vent. The vent of course, being his hiding place of choice. After Llewelyn was killed by the group of Mexicans and the crime scene settled, Chigurh went and got the money. Tommy Lee Jones then went back to the crime scene later that night to discover that the door's lock had been blasted open by the air thing. It then shows that the vent was unscrewed.




            Comment


            • I just watched Bedazzled with Brendan Fraser, and Elizabeth Hurley.
              It was a hilarious movie, IMO.

              Has anyone else ever seen it?


              Originally Posted by scottyboy
              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                I just watched Bedazzled with Brendan Fraser, and Elizabeth Hurley.
                It was a hilarious movie, IMO.

                Has anyone else ever seen it?
                personally, I thought the movie was horrible...but that's just me...although Elizabeth Hurley is a sight for sore eyes...


                Just got done watching Juno (again) and The Invasion...

                Ellen Page simply amazes me with her acting skills...and the invasion was a genuine good action flick...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                  GODAMN! I cannot wait for Indy 4.

                  I am watching The Last Crusade again. Its so ******* good. So funny, so exciting! It has everything you could ask for. And ****, Harrison Ford and Sean Connery in the same movie. Awesome ****.
                  o yeah the indiana jones movies were amazing. im not sure how good this new 1 will be. Harrison Ford is like 60 or something right? shia labeouf im gonna assume is like son or may be his apprentice so to speak. i have not seen a trailer or anyting yet but ill def see it

                  sig by jkpigskin

                  2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                  2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                    o yeah the indiana jones movies were amazing. im not sure how good this new 1 will be. Harrison Ford is like 60 or something right? shia labeouf im gonna assume is like son or may be his apprentice so to speak. i have not seen a trailer or anyting yet but ill def see it
                    Shia is supposed to be Spielberg's protege or something. But in the movie he's like an apprentice I think like you suggested.

                    Comment


                    • What's the time length rule on how long a movie has to have been out before we can posy spoilers?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
                        What's the time length rule on how long a movie has to have been out before we can posy spoilers?
                        like 5 years. there are still people who want to see the movie and are probably going to wait till it comes out on video. posting spoilers for anything is kind of *** although there has already been some by some douche rags in the cloverfield thread.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
                          What's the time length rule on how long a movie has to have been out before we can posy spoilers?
                          If you arent sure, just post it in white text with a header describing what film youre talking about.

                          For instance, I dont think cloverfield spoilers should be posted openly yet, but i obviously think no country for old men has been out long enough.

                          So yea, just do the white text for now.




                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by comahan View Post
                            If you arent sure, just post it in white text with a header describing what film youre talking about.

                            For instance, I dont think cloverfield spoilers should be posted openly yet, but i obviously think no country for old men has been out long enough.

                            So yea, just do the white text for now.
                            can i get a notification next time you guys play risk, im in the mood

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by comahan View Post
                              If you arent sure, just post it in white text with a header describing what film youre talking about.

                              For instance, I dont think cloverfield spoilers should be posted openly yet, but i obviously think no country for old men has been out long enough.

                              So yea, just do the white text for now.
                              Thanks. I saw M.O.T.H. do that in the Cloverfield thread and was thinking of doing that.

                              What about Juno?

                              Oh well, just saw it and loved it. The music stood out to me. I loved it.

                              ***Possible Spoiler***

                              Man I hated seeing Jason Bateman in the pedophile role. That made me very uncomfortable. Especially them dancing, Juno puts her head on his chest and then he tells her he's divorcing his wife. I also wanted her to keep the baby.
                              Last edited by Rich Jr; 01-19-2008, 03:29 PM.

                              Comment


                              • First teaser to the new Star Trek Movie. Came out today.

                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RllSZW_YLk8

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information