Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
    What movie did you watch? I'd like examples that show that the movie strongly hints that he will get off the island.
    watch the trailer, they say in it that how long he was on there and mention how he gets off. there is no mystery.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• well I never saw the trailer

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

well I never saw the trailer
        A lot of people, when the movie was nearing release, were critical of the studio for releasing a trailer which gave so much away.

Comment

• Comment

• Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was a bit confusing, but I enjoyed it.

"Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on a corpse?"

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was a bit confusing, but I enjoyed it.

"Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on a corpse?"
              there is so much witty dialogue in that movie.

Comment

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was a bit confusing, but I enjoyed it.
                One of those movies you have to watch more then once to catch everything.

Comment

• Great Doc. Fascinating look at some of the ******** they were able to pull off and just the pure doucheness of Jeffrey Skilling.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post

I just got done watching Cast Away. It's been a good 5 to 7 YEARS since I last saw it!!!!! A very, very good movie, but I couldn't help but think that it could have been better. I felt like they avoided the hopelessness that he encountered. They kind of just pass it over while he's on the island because it might be too depressing for the mass audience he marketed to, and they kind of use Wilson as a scapegoat. Basically, my big complaint is that it wasn't dark enough. I know it was going for a hopeful message throughout (Hanks tries to build fire, struggles mightily, but then overcomes... struggles to split coconut, struggles mightily, then eventually overcomes) and I do like how they attempt to make up for the lack of darkness while he's on the island with the Tom Hanks monologue where he explains how he attempted to kill himself and having no options, then bookending it with him out in the middle of nowhere at a crossroads... now, symbolically saying that he has options. Nice little touch and a great movie, but I think it was a little too light on the heavy stuff.

Also watched Colors. Pretty ******* awful movie with some atrocious supporting performances. Penn is... well, it's not that he was bad, he was alright, although his character is so over-the-top and so cliched that he became laughably annoying, so it was very difficult to take him seriously. With that said, it's probably the worst Sean Penn I've ever seen (He's one of my favorite actors), but I blame most of it on the writing. Duvall doesn't give much of a performance since he has a shallow character that rides the coat tails of Penn's ridiculousness. Pretty weak performance from him. A very silly movie.
                    I hated Cast Away.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                        Yes, that is in fact a poster of the film Rounders. Well done.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• do you not understand the contextual use of posting pictures in this thread and in the CD player thread

or are you just being a dick

I KNOW THE ANSWER

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

In my club, i will splash the pot whenever the **** i please.

Comment

I hated Cast Away.
                              Oh, no you didn't. You might avoid the onslaught without the explanation so I think you should be safe.

Anyway, what is wrong with Tony Gilroy? The last two movies he's written and directed both sucked because his jumbled the narrative for, I suppose, intentional confusion to keep his audience watching, which I suppose is an attempt to makeup for the lackluster story. Duplicity was a boring and dull movie with the ending given away right in the films title, not that that kind of ending isn't predictable to begin with anymore. The movie is purposeless. It's like, "Oh, here's a double cross. Oh, and there's another. Now we're 5 years in the past... a set up for a double cross. Now, we're 10 days in the future? Another double cross? Now, we're in the past again? Another double cross!! Wow!! I can't take it anymore."

I also think Clive Owen, an already boring and deadpan actor, is really boring here. Robert's is just as dull and one-dimensional as well. But it's probably mostly the material.

Last edited by BigBanger; 04-06-2010, 03:36 PM.
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                              Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                              I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                              iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                              Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                              I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                              Originally posted by GoRavens
                              Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Cast Away had Helen Hunt in it, so therefor I hate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information