No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not really into rock music, but Nirvana is still awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      I also dont care for Nirvana. No sexual abuse, though. Just bored by their music, save Heart shaped box and a few others.

The Smashing Pumpkins were a better band from the same time period.
      You have very smart opinions despite future abandonment.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I can understand not liking their music, I just don't understand how anyone can hate Nirvana. Hate the dumb shits who pretty much make liking Cobain uncool by themselves being ******* tools.

Comment

I also dont care for Nirvana. No sexual abuse, though. Just bored by their music, save Heart shaped box and a few others.

Wait what?

Comment

The Pumpkins wouldnt of existed without Nirvana. Nirvana was their biggest influence.

Even if you dont like the music or the band, I still think it would make for a hell of a movie.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Meh. Just because they did it first doesnt mean they did it best.

Wait what?
              They were a great band and Corgan, while a big ass whiner, was an amazing lyricist. I still think Nirvana was an overrated band. I like some of their stuff, but not everything they did. Nirvana/Metallic the most overrated bands in the world.

Even if you dont like the music or the band, I still think it would make for a hell of a movie.
              Again, wasnt this done already with Michael Pitt as Cobain? I never saw it.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 04-09-2010, 04:43 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

Meh. Just because they did it first doesnt mean they did it best.

They were a great band and Corgan, while a big ass whiner, was an amazing lyricist. I still think Nirvana was an overrated band. I like some of their stuff, but not everything they did. Nirvana/Metallic the most overrated bands in the world.

Gus Van Sant made a movie VERY loosly based on the last days of Cobain. It was not actually a movie about Cobain, the story was just loosely based around the last days of Cobain.

Comment

• Rep has been distributed. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Meh. Just because they did it first doesnt mean they did it best.

I agree. I too, like the Pumpkins better then Nirvana, musically at least. But attempting to deny the influence Nirvana had on not only music but pop culture is pretty ignorant in my opinion. We are still feeling the aftershocks of that influence today.
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I wouldnt hate on their influence in music...just looking back, I wouldnt say they were the best, despite doing it first. The same thing can be applied to many a movie or video games as well. See Half-Life. A great innovator, but far from the best game today.

Nirvana was still very important to the music world. I would never deny that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I am still waiting for a Metal Gear Solid movie.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• And why exactly do people think Skaarsgard would make a good Cobain? Outside of the insane height difference, Skaarsgard hasn't actually proven he can act all that well and although I like him in True Blood, it isn't exactly hard to outshine Stephen Moyer.

Hunnam is a waaaaaaaaaaaaay better choice, as although he is taller, he slouches a ton.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Skarsgaard is who first came to mind when looking at pictures of Cobain. And he can act...look at Generation Kill. Also, I havent seen anything on Hunnam since Undeclared, so I cant speak as to that

Comment

• Watch some damn Sons of Anarchy you asshat.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• If you watch SoA and don't have homoerotic thoughts of Hunnam, you are ***. Just saying...

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information