No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meinhardt Raabe, who played the Munchkin coroner who proclaimed the Wicked Witch of the East dead in The Wizard of Oz, has died, according to The Associated Press. He was 94.

Raabe, one of the few surviving Munchkins from the film, died Friday morning at Orange Park Medical Center in Florida, his caregiver, Cindy Bosnyak, told the AP. Bosnyak said he complained of a sore throat at his retirement community before collapsing and going into cardiac arrest. He later died at the hospital.

Raabe was one of 124 Munchkins in the film and one of only nine with speaking roles. He famously pronounced the witch dead after Dorothy's farmhouse landed on her: "As coroner, I must aver, I thoroughly examined her, and she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Munchkin...d-1017160.aspx

Wow, quite the lengthy life.
    Last edited by Whistler6; 04-10-2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• I ******* love Craig Robinson.

Comment

• I feel like their trying to make the next spiderman movie into a twilight kid focus. The young high school bs is just an excuse for them to market to the same people seeing twilight. This is more of a shame then Spidey 3 was. I hope this doesnt end up happening.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Yes, I'm too old to eat kids meals at McDs... but How To Train Your Dragon is an AWESOME movie.

Graphically, it's stunning, especially when you go back and see CGI from 30 years ago. Definitely a must see if you have a girlfriend, little kids, etc.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            I feel like their trying to make the next spiderman movie into a twilight kid focus. The young high school bs is just an excuse for them to market to the same people seeing twilight. This is more of a shame then Spidey 3 was. I hope this doesnt end up happening.
            I still don't understand the angle they plan to take. So it's Peter Parker in high school, pre-pre-Spiderman days?

The 1st Spiderman was Tobey Maguire in college getting bit by the spider, so um what's the intrigue of Peter Parker with no powers in the 10th grade?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
              I still don't understand the angle they plan to take. So it's Peter Parker in high school, pre-pre-Spiderman days?

The 1st Spiderman was Tobey Maguire in college getting bit by the spider, so um what's the intrigue of Peter Parker with no powers in the 10th grade?
              The 1st Spider-Man was Tobey Maguire in 12th grade getting ready to graduate High School and go to college. You lose again Richard.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                The 1st Spider-Man was Tobey Maguire in 12th grade getting ready to graduate High School and go to college. You lose again Richard.
                Must've been a great movie then Bro-deur. The girls call me Rich, only Job refers to me as Richard.

Comment

Must've been a great movie then Bro-deur. The girls call me Rich, only Job refers to me as Richard.
                  My actual name is Corey if you're that incapable of realizing it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

My actual name is Corey if you're that incapable of realizing it.
                    Don't tell me that! It's like Patton Oswalt in Big Fan. Listeners love him, but in reality he's just a 40 year old, overweight mama's boy, living at home, and working in a toll booth. The more I learn about you, the more I'll hate you. I have a picture in my mind that I want to hold onto.

Corndog.

Comment

• I just watched The Shawshank Redemption for the first time.

Holy **** was that good.

Comment

Don't tell me that! It's like Patton Oswalt in Big Fan. Listeners love him, but in reality he's just a 40 year old, overweight mama's boy, living at home, and working in a toll booth. The more I learn about you, the more I'll hate you. I have a picture in my mind that I want to hold onto.

Corndog.
                        I have absolutely no intrigue to me minus my brooding superhero mode.

Why is there going to be a Big Momma's House 3?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I have absolutely no intrigue to me minus my brooding superhero mode.

Why is there going to be a Big Momma's House 3?
                          Because you touch yourself at night Corey.

What's your superhero name?
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            Because you touch yourself at night Corey.

What's your superhero name?
                            I go by The Terror.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Is Job Tiny Terror?
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• There's nothing tiny about Job, which is why he's Mouzone.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information