No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two DVD covers of two great movies. Eric Bana's performance might be the best performance ever given.
    Last edited by BigBanger; 04-11-2010, 06:31 PM.
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
    Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
    I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
    Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
    I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
    Originally posted by GoRavens
    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• I'm way late on this, but Up in the Air is one of the best movies I've seen. I also liked Thank You for Smoking, another Jason Reitman film.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Kinda unsure what a pokemon has to do with your post, but that's ok!

I saw Armored last night. It wasn't bad.. it was entertaining but probably not worth what I paid to rent it.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post

I'm way late on this, but Up in the Air is one of the best movies I've seen. I also liked Thank You for Smoking, another Jason Reitman film.
          This either implies you haven't seen Juno or you haven't liked it. Both of which would be very wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
            This either implies you haven't seen Juno or you haven't liked it. Both of which would be very wrong.
            As soon they started talking about Sonic Youth I was turned off. It'd be an awesome movie if that hipster bull **** wasn't in it.

Comment

• I was a big fan of Juno, I watched it not knowing any thing what so ever about it and really enjoyed it.

Comment

As soon they started talking about Sonic Youth I was turned off. It'd be an awesome movie if that hipster bull **** wasn't in it.
                You are worthless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                  You are worthless.
                  Hey now, I like plenty of Indie movies.

Comment

• The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans was a major disappointment. Cage was increasingly more and more entertaining as the film goes on and he gives a solid performance, but the movie is a bit of a drag. Obviously the classic scene in the original film was recreated, and they obviously felt like they had to one-up the "show me how you suck a guys ****" by altering it. There is a similar scene, but it just pails in comparison, and I got the feeling that they were attempting to have a badder Lieutenant by having him do something that is more outlandish. It just fails though. It's not nearly as shocking and it's not nearly as grotesque. Otherwise, the film has very few similarities to the original. Port of Call is not nearly as good and Cage isn't nearly as good as Kietel was to the original.

I thought it was going to suck and I was kinda pissed when heard there was going to be a remake, then I got my hopes up when it was generally applauded and praised by critics. It feels 30 minutes longer than it actually is and the big murder investigation is a bore and a giant snooze fest that gets in the way of a pretty solid character study and performance from Cage. A few excellent scenes here and there and the last act is very good, but the first half of the movie simply left me cold, bored and disinterested. It never really regained it's footing after the slow start.
                    Last edited by BigBanger; 04-12-2010, 05:29 PM.
                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                    Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                    I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                    Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                    I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                    Originally posted by GoRavens
                    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                      The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans was a major disappointment. Cage was increasingly more and more entertaining as the film goes on and he gives a solid performance, but the movie is a bit of a drag. Obviously the classic scene in the original film was recreated, and they obviously felt like they had to one-up the "show me how you suck a guys ****" by altering it. There is a similar scene, but it just pails in comparison, and I got the feeling that they were attempting to have a badder Lieutenant by having him do something that is more outlandish. It just fails though. It's not nearly as shocking and it's not nearly as grotesque. Otherwise, the film has very few similarities to the original. Port of Call is not nearly as good and Cage isn't nearly as good as Kietel was to the original.

I thought it was going to suck and I was kinda pissed when heard there was going to be a remake, then I got my hopes up when it was generally applauded and praised by critics. It feels 30 minutes longer than it actually is and the big murder investigation is a bore and a giant snooze fest that gets in the way of a pretty solid character study and performance from Cage. A few excellent scenes here and there and the last act is very good, but the first half of the movie simply left me cold, bored and disinterested. It never really regained it's footing after the slow start.
                      It is a remake in name only. Herzgog never once saw the original and Bad Lieutenant was only included in the name because a producer thought he could turn Bad Lieutenant into a franchise. I personally loved the movie. I loved how over the top it was and Cage is such a ******* scene chewer. Kietel gives a brilliant performance in the original, one of the greatest ever, but he plays it straight and gritty, Cage goes in a whole new direction with his take. The two movies are nothing alike and should not be compared.

In my mind Bad Lieutenant is a better version of Shoot Em Up, completely over the top, hilarious, full of bad assery, and just an all around good time. No doubt it does not pack the same emotional punch as the original but as a piece of entertainment I think it works tremendously.

Comment

they talked about the Melvins.

your argument is invalid.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Juno is the movie where the teenager gets pregnant and I play with myself for an hour, right?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• no, you just play with yourself for an hour

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen
                            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Huh. I watch that movie at least twice a day.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Not the best movie but it was pretty fun to watch and just enjoy.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information