No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ehh I never really cared for the black mask, idk I just didnt find him to be that interesting of a character. Talia is certainly a great choice, I think that if the movie started with a child in a prison being punished for his fathers crimes, going through a quick credit sequence of him training up and becoming Bane, Talia could bring him to gotham with a new league of shadows in an attempt to hunt Batman. You could even set it up for another one ( i know Nolan wanted a trilogy) by just having edward nigma being on the case to investigate the batman case. Penguin could work as a mob boss with just a some what realistic bizarre appearance, the mob needs a new leader. Also, forgo the whole Bane toxin, just make him ridiculously strong because of years of training. Thatd be awesome imo.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I don't know why I'd like to see Bane done well in a film, not the mindless brute shown in Batman and Robin. If I remember correctly, Bane is a very smart guy who just happens to have superhuman strength.

And he's out to literally break Batman, so there's the storyline . Sure, maybe not as the feature villain, but if done correctly, he could be a very good second story villain. Detective work vs. Nigma, then Bane comes along, involving more detective work and ridiculous physical fights.

The superhuman venom is a bit out there though. Maybe a very smart guy who juices up like crazy?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
        Ehh I never really cared for the black mask, idk I just didnt find him to be that interesting of a character. Talia is certainly a great choice, I think that if the movie started with a child in a prison being punished for his fathers crimes, going through a quick credit sequence of him training up and becoming Bane, Talia could bring him to gotham with a new league of shadows in an attempt to hunt Batman. You could even set it up for another one ( i know Nolan wanted a trilogy) by just having edward nigma being on the case to investigate the batman case. Penguin could work as a mob boss with just a some what realistic bizarre appearance, the mob needs a new leader. Also, forgo the whole Bane toxin, just make him ridiculously strong because of years of training. Thatd be awesome imo.
        Aaahh, beat me to it.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
          The superhuman venom is a bit out there though. Maybe a very smart guy who juices up like crazy?
          Brian Cushing has some free time, maybe he could play Bane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            Brian Cushing has some free time, maybe he could play Bane.
            Lol. I read somewhere that Javier Bardem should play him, if they ever include him in a film again, and I guess it could work. He's a great actor, speaks spanish (Bane is Latin American, I think), and has the deep scary voice to haunt Batman. Plus, he can definitely pull off the intellectual sociopath/murderer.

Just needs to bulk up. A lot. But Hollywood has a way of getting actors to do miraculous body changes, so it shouldn't be that big an issue.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              I've been suggesting Talia Al Ghul for quite some time, she would be easy to introduce (wants revenge for the death of her father) and could act as a substitute romantic interest for Bruce Wayne/Batman in the 3rd flick with Dawes out of the pictures. That said, she isn't really a strong enough villain to carry a flick, so maybe she returns to Gotham with a new League of Shadows and attempts to destroy Batman, but is forced to ally herself with him when another villain (Riddler, perhaps, in a detective role similar to the one Brent talked about?) poses some sort of larger threat. Something along those lines would definitely be a solid storyline.
              As long as it doesn't turn out like Spiderman 3, I'm down with it.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Don't rule out Two Face coming back.

Comment

• Nolan has stated that two face is dead, but it would be much better if they brought him back. I wouldnt be all that against bringing in a replacement to Ledgers joker, which most people would crucify me for saying, but Nolan had Joker in mind for another movie.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Nolan has stated that two face is dead, but it would be much better if they brought him back. I wouldnt be all that against bringing in a replacement to Ledgers joker, which most people would crucify me for saying, but Nolan had Joker in mind for another movie.
                    They should use Joseph Gordon-Levitt if they go by looks, they look like brothers.

Voices are very different though.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• No, don't replace the actor for the Joker. Just don't. It'd be a terrible decision.

Comment

• it would be I agree but if i would pick a choice to replace the Joker it would be michael shannon

Comment

• It's not even worth talking about. It's not about replicating the look or the talking style or anything. The end result didn't even look like Ledger does normally anyway.

From a director's perspective, you doom the movie from the very start. Everything is suddenly about whether the new Joker matches up to Ledger's Joker, which was absolutely magnificent. The movie never ever gets to stand on it's own merits. It's not fair to the movie and it's especially not fair to the actor you choose as the replacement.

Furthermore, you force an actor to not realize the Joker in his own way, he has to realize it in Ledger's way. Part of what made that performance so amazing was that it had came across as so real. It was dangerous and psychotic in a way movie villains rarely are, and that's not for a lack of trying. That was Ledger doing his very best (and allegedly pushing himself pretty far in the process) to bring the Joker out of his own personality, not bow to some prior concept of the character. You toss anyone else into that role, no matter how talented, and you remove the thing that made the character so goddamn magnetizing when he was on screen.

You replace the Joker and it falls flat (which I think it would) and that's all the movie is every remembered for.

Comment

Nolan has stated that two face is dead, but it would be much better if they brought him back.

I'll belive it when I see it. I think keeping 2Face would be a good idea.
                            While I agree with ParanoidMoonDuck- I still think another actor could fill his void. Johnny Depp?
                            Then introduce Quinn at the same time
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                              Spiderman 3.
                              Never happened I blocked it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                                Never happened I blocked it out.
                                I hear you. I hated that movie. Theyre restarting the series now though.
                                Starting from scratch... hopefully Venom'll actually be... VENOM!

Next Ten Super Hero Movies- http://movies.msn.com/superfans/scie...ies/?gt1=28130

1-Iron Man 2
                                2-Scott Pilgrim VS The World
                                3-The Green Hornet
                                4-The First Avenger: Captain America
                                5-Thor
                                6-Green Lantern
                                7-The Avengers
                                8-Batman 3
                                9-X-Men: First Class
                                10- Spider-Man: Reboot

I thought X-Men Origins: Magneto was the next X-men movie, no?
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information