Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Fight scenes in comic movies are sucky in general though.
    Someone hasnt seen Kick-Ass. :D

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Paul View Post
      Just saw the new trailer. Now my nipples are all hard.
      Pffffffffft hard nipples.


      RIP TheManInBlack

      Comment




      • Simply awesome. Cage at his best. My favorite performance of his has been The Weather Man, but I think this one might be better. Really wasn't what I was expecting, but a great movie nonetheless.



        I have never found this to be a great movie, but I notice that I continually keep coming back to it, and it's all because of Theron and her jaw dropping performance. I think it treads a little too lightly and attempts to put Wurnos in too much of a positive or reinforcing view. It's kinda like, well, these people had it coming, so she wasn't that bad. Wurnos was a lying ****. They could have made her more evil. I also think Ricci gives a pretty weak performance and her emotional scenes seem extremely acted and unconvincing.
        Last edited by BigBanger; 05-15-2010, 01:19 PM.
        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
        Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
        I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
        Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
        I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
        Originally posted by GoRavens
        Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BigBanger View Post


          Simply awesome. Cage at his best. My favorite performance of his has been The Weather Man, but I think this one might be better. Really wasn't what I was expecting, but a great movie nonetheless.
          Obviously you never saw the Rock

          bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
            Obviously you never saw the Rock
            Obviously neither of you saw Adaptation.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
              Obviously neither of you saw Adaptation.
              Own it and don't really plan on watching it again. Just... didn't work for me.

              The Rock? Nope. Still haven't seen it.
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
              Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
              I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
              Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
              I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
              Originally posted by GoRavens
              Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                Own it and don't really plan on watching it again. Just... didn't work for me.

                The Rock? Nope. Still haven't seen it.
                Then your Nic Cage evaluations are frivolous.
                It came in 2nd behind Highlander in the greatest movie made. Ever. Voting.

                bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                  Then your Nic Cage evaluations are frivolous.
                  It came in 2nd behind Highlander in the greatest movie made. Ever. Voting.
                  I guess so...
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                  Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                  I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                  Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                  Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                  I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                  Originally posted by GoRavens
                  Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    Obviously neither of you saw Adaptation.
                    He was way better in Leaving Las Vegas.


                    RIP TheManInBlack

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                      I liked it, but I am easy to please. lol

                      On a side note, they should make a movie featuring nothing but Scarlett Johanssons body. She doesnt have to talk, or really do anything. Maybe just walk around in that tight outfit she was wearing in Iron Man.
                      So basically its going to be Transformers 2 but with Scarlett?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                        Obviously neither of you saw Adaptation.
                        Adaptation is awesome, because it not only mocks the recycled, cliche'd movies that are churned out left and right today, but they sold the movie on the exact ideas Charlie Kaufman was making fun of.

                        Sex, drugs, voilence and big endings sell movies. The character Kaufman wanted to make a movie solely about the beauty of flowers, but instantly sufferes from writer's block while attempting to compose a script.

                        It's not until he starts borrowing ideas from his brother, adding in sex, drugs and murder, and then making a completely out of the box ridiculous ending, that both his script takes off and the movie actually becomes interesting.

                        Oh, and the fact that the chubby, shy and akward guy "gets the girl" in the end is just a cherry on top. Adaptation is very underrated.

                        Comment


                        • The Rock was a great movie. I watch it every time I see it on.



                          Watched this the other day with my wife.
                          All lights off- Ill admit- this was the first horror movie that had my heart pumping.
                          I was definitely scared at parts...



                          That's just me though. I highly recommend it to those who haven't seen it.
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                            Adaptation is awesome, because it not only mocks the recycled, cliche'd movies that are churned out left and right today, but they sold the movie on the exact ideas Charlie Kaufman was making fun of.

                            Sex, drugs, voilence and big endings sell movies. The character Kaufman wanted to make a movie solely about the beauty of flowers, but instantly sufferes from writer's block while attempting to compose a script.

                            It's not until he starts borrowing ideas from his brother, adding in sex, drugs and murder, and then making a completely out of the box ridiculous ending, that both his script takes off and the movie actually becomes interesting.

                            Oh, and the fact that the chubby, shy and akward guy "gets the girl" in the end is just a cherry on top. Adaptation is very underrated.
                            As much as I love his other movies, Adaptation is, IMO, the film that cements Charlie Kaufman as the smartest man in Hollywood. Hes absolutely brilliant. I love the uniqueness of Being John Malkovich and the romance of ESSM, but the tongue-in-cheek nature of Adaptation is so perfectly done.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              As much as I love his other movies, Adaptation is, IMO, the film that cements Charlie Kaufman as the smartest man in Hollywood. Hes absolutely brilliant. I love the uniqueness of Being John Malkovich and the romance of ESSM, but the tongue-in-cheek nature of Adaptation is so perfectly done.
                              The best part, both Charlie and Donald Kaufman (not real) were nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay. And Donald became the first fictitious person nominated for an Oscar that wasn't based off of a real person or personality. It's hilarious.

                              Comment


                              • I liked Paranormal Activity, but I figured it wouldn't be as good on DVD as it was in theatres.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information