Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
    I liked Paranormal Activity, but I figured it wouldn't be as good on DVD as it was in theatres.
    My wife calls the living room my "IMAX theatre"
    I put a lot of work into it. Big TV wall mounted, surround sound and blue ray.
    We can't go to the movies bc of my son (13 months old) so I had to bring the threatre home instead.
    Netflix is crack
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I just watched Law Abiding Citzen... I loved it, awesome movie.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
        I just watched Law Abiding Citzen... I loved it, awesome movie.

Yea,agree. Good flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
          I just watched Law Abiding Citzen... I loved it, awesome movie.
          Wait, you're kidding right? The 1st 3/4 of the movie was solid, the build up great, but the end fell completely flat. Terrible ending. There were so many different possibilities, and they settled on that?

Gerard Butler was excellent though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
            Wait, you're kidding right? The 1st 3/4 of the movie was solid, the build up great, but the end fell completely flat. Terrible ending. There were so many different possibilities, and they settled on that?

Gerard Butler was excellent though.

I kinda agree. I was a bit disappointed by the ending but it was still overall a good flick though

Comment

• I watched the new Nightmare on Elm Street and Iron Man 2 yesterday. Nightmare was better than I expect, but still far from anything to write home about. I'm a huge Jackie Earle Haley fan though and I thought he did a good job. Iron Man 2 was good, but like other I felt underwhelmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                I watched the new Nightmare on Elm Street and Iron Man 2 yesterday. Nightmare was better than I expect, but still far from anything to write home about. I'm a huge Jackie Earle Haley fan though and I thought he did a good job. Iron Man 2 was good, but like other I felt underwhelmed.

Good to know. My wife and I are both big horror fans so we both wanted to see the new Kruger movie.
                Iron Man was great so I definitely want to see the new one.
                I'm going to put them on my netflix so I get them in the day they're available

Comment

• Been let down by RDJr's last two movies. It was basically just like any other comic book/action movie. At least there was a decent amount of Scarlett though.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                    It was basically just like any other comic book/action movie.
                    Except way way better. Honestly, the reason comic movies have sucked is not because they're too mindless, it's because they try to be too serious or try to interpret the comic books too heavily through cinema. It's what killed Spiderman (well...that and ****** writing). The Batman movies are somewhat of an exception because the storytelling in Batman is naturally overly dramatic.

What made the first Iron Man so good was that it was content to be just a flippant as a comic book storyline is. There wasn't a need to indulge in Hollywood cliches because comic book cliches were far more appropriate. The second movie kept that story telling intact and it's the main reason it was still a success.

I thought the second movie rocked.

Comment

• absolutely nothing wrong with the 2nd movie. its not meant to be dissected and cure cancer. its an enjoyable movie that's loyal to both its timeline and the comic source. 2 hours of relaxing and enjoying scarlett.
                      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Wait, people actually liked Iron man 2? I thought it was cliche as it could have possibly been. Yeah, Downey Jr. did his thing but it was like every other time he does his thing.

Yes, it is a comic book movie but that doesn't create an excuse to skip the part of making a movie where you give it a story line.

1. The son looking for revenge is one of the oldest bad guy plots ever.

2. We are supposed to think Tony Stark is the coolest but he didn't bone a single chick. He just looked at Scarlett in her tight clothes and never took them off. Not cool.

3. Just because this is Iron Man 2 doesn't mean you need to steal MIB II's old video tape thing. I'm sure there are many other movies with this "twist", I guess it just make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like everyone else

4. Creating a new element is lame, I question how he created an element in 15 seconds. But who am I to question what one can accomplish in a hollywood montage?

5. Tony's drunken fight was lame, I just wanted it to be over.

6. Thank goodness that sinister villain was nice enough to put a timer on that bomb, I just didn't know if he would swoop in to save the chick.

Oh, and Thor? Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                          Wait, people actually liked Iron man 2? I thought it was cliche as it could have possibly been. Yeah, Downey Jr. did his thing but it was like every other time he does his thing.

Yes, it is a comic book movie but that doesn't create an excuse to skip the part of making a movie where you give it a story line.

2. We are supposed to think Tony Stark is the coolest but he didn't bone a single chick. He just looked at Scarlett in her tight clothes and never took them off. Not cool.

3. Just because this is Iron Man 2 doesn't mean you need to steal MIB II's old video tape thing. I'm sure there are many other movies with this "twist", I guess it just make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like everyone else

4. Creating a new element is lame, I question how he created an element in 15 seconds. But who am I to question what one can accomplish in a hollywood montage?

6. Thank goodness that sinister villain was nice enough to put a timer on that bomb, I just didn't know if he would swoop in to save the chick.

Oh, and Thor? Really?
                          Have you not been paying attention?
                          Iron Man 2 is just a prelude for the Avengers movie.
                          Thor will come out next year. This was the set up. Like Jackson at the end of the first. And that should be put in spoilers.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                            Wait, people actually liked Iron man 2? I thought it was cliche as it could have possibly been. Yeah, Downey Jr. did his thing but it was like every other time he does his thing.

Oh, and Thor? Really?
                            Um, alright? I'm not really sure how people could expect seriousness from this franchise, considering it wasn't there in the first movie in any great excess. Oh, and I'm not sure anyone "steals" from the ******* sequel to Men in Black (and I loved John Slattery as Stark's father).

And can I just point out how ridiculous it is to attack the preposterous technology in a movie called "Iron Man"? At least there is such a thing as a Hadron Collider.

Comment

• its an iron man comic book movie. its not kick-ass or bourne. it has certain things that has to be in the movie. it has to build on the original plus thread new storylines to lead to the avengers. it did its job.

the drunken part was a bit awkward but its an allusion to the comics when iron man was a raging alcoholic and failed everybody.

i just wish a certain redhead would have been naked in it.
                              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                                its an iron man comic book movie. its not kick-ass or bourne. it has certain things that has to be in the movie. it has to build on the original plus thread new storylines to lead to the avengers. it did its job.

the drunken part was a bit awkward but its an allusion to the comics when iron man was a raging alcoholic and failed everybody.

i just wish a certain redhead would have been naked in it.
                                Kathy Bates?

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information