Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    He was damn good in Shutter Island, Revolutionary Road, Blood Diamond, The Departed, Catch Me If You Can, The Beach, The Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.
    Liked Catch Me If You Can and DiCaprio was pretty good in it, but it wasn't exactly an amazing performance. Thought he was believable in The Departed, but it wasn't exactly a stretch as a role. Still haven't seen Shutter Island or Revolutionary Road yet. I'm pretty lukewarm on him in Blood Diamond, The Basketball Diaries, and The Beach. He was solid in Gilbert Grape, I guess.

I don't what it is, I've just only been really impressed once or twice.

Comment

• He wasn't as good as Winslet in the movie, but Revolutionary Road is still one of if not his best performance of the decade. You should see it sir.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
        Except Gangs of New York.
        At my challenge, by the ancient laws of combat, we are met at this chosen ground, to settle for good and all who holds sway over the five points: us natives, born rightwise to this fine land, or the foreign hordes defiling it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          At my challenge, by the ancient laws of combat, we are met at this chosen ground, to settle for good and all who holds sway over the five points: us natives, born rightwise to this fine land, or the foreign hordes defiling it.
          By the ancient laws of combat, I accept the challenge of the so called "natives." They plague our people at every turn, but from this day out, they shall plague us no more. For let it be known, that the hand that tries to strike us from this land shall be swiftly cut down.

Was that was you were going for?

Comment

He was damn good in Shutter Island, Revolutionary Road, Blood Diamond, The Departed, Catch Me If You Can, The Beach, The Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.
            The Beach is pretty much the worst movie ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
              Hey Peefs.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                By the ancient laws of combat, I accept the challenge of the so called "natives." They plague our people at every turn, but from this day out, they shall plague us no more. For let it be known, that the hand that tries to strike us from this land shall be swiftly cut down.

Was that was you were going for?

Comment

Except Gangs of New York.
                  What!!!! Gangs of New York is epic!

Comment

• I have gone my whole life without watching the godfather. That streak ends tonight!

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                      I have gone my whole life without watching the godfather. That streak ends tonight!
                      Me too. I'm hoping to end the streak within the next few weeks.

Comment

• Get Him to the Greek was stupid with some laughs. Pretty much what I expected.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
                          Hey Peefs.
                          Hey Mr. MD

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
                            The Beach is awesome.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              wasn't michael crichton like 7 feet tall?
                              He was like 6 ft. 9 & had 5 wives in his life, which sadly ended just yr, RIP. He was an effing brilliant author who went to both medical & law school but worked as a fiction writer of screenplays & novels his whole life.

He created the mega-hit TV series ER from his medical background & kept up with current scientific trends, like Chaos Theory playing a major p/o the novel Jurassic Park, which is btw one of the most stunning modern scifi stories I've ever read, he pulled that idea of dinosaur DNA preserved in mosquitoes in amber right out of his o-ring. Jurassic was a great film but it had that Spielberg magic touch. Other books of his made into films:
                              • Eaters of the Dead (1977) -- Became the 13th Warrior, great novel based on 1st person POV of the Beowulf vs. Grendel saga that made a crap film.
                              • Rising Sun (1989) -- Good book debunking myth of Japanese politeness as the cover for natural aggression through business dominance, "Business is war!" to the Japanese, & "They accuse us of being racist with Asians & they're the worst racists in the world."
                              • The Lost World (1990) -- One of the rare sequels to a bestseller that's better than the 1st one, trumped Jurassic Park by shifting the threats from T-Rex to the intelligent raptors & pterodactyls.

Your debate on Scorsese has inspired me to rent Shutter Island this wk. For critics of Gangs of NY, it's much better if for the cinematography alone with the 2nd, 3rd & 4th viewings, just a stunning film, unusual for a major Hollywood big budget extravaganza in that it's very historically accurate, that's an almost-masterpiece. I think everyone sees it the 1st time & is blown away as expected by Daniel Day Lewis' performance so that is what's memorable, ignore DiCaprio's bad Irish accent & focus on the terrific supporting performances from Reilly & Brendan Gleeson, just wow!
                              Last edited by LizardState; 06-10-2010, 10:16 AM.

Comment

The Beach is awesome.
                                For the first hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information