• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deathly Hollows looks quite epic.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      Deathly Hollows looks quite epic.
      I still have to finish that book before I see it. Ive heard various opinions about the ending.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Just saw " Get Him To The Greel" last night and **** is hillarious. The cast was great and nuthing but great things to say about the movie. And does anybody know when daybreakers comes to dvd. That too was a great movie with a great cast. Sam Neil plays a awesome villian

Comment

• Originally posted by bkolaski0 View Post
          And does anybody know when daybreakers comes to dvd. That too was a great movie with a great cast. Sam Neil plays a awesome villian
          isnt it already?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Here's the Deathly Hallows trailer:

Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 06-28-2010, 10:38 PM.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Can I ruin the end for everyone who hasn't read the books?

Comment

• I haven't read the books but I enjoy the movies.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Comment

• I think Forenci and I tried to cast FFVII in IRC one time. Cant remember who we decided on for alot of people.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Well Barett should be Mr.T.

Comment

• I think we said that Ving Rhames would be Barrett. Or Wesley Snipes, just cause hes Wesley Snipes.

EDIT: If I was going to cast it, it might look something like this...

Cloud Strife: Definitely the hardest. Maybe someone like Chris Pine? Mike Vogel has the right look for the role and apparently hes garnering alot of interest in Hollywood right now, but Ive never seen him act.

Tifa Lockheart: Evan Rachel Wood,or if older Jennifer Connelly

Barrett Wallace: Ving Rhames, maybe Wesley Snipes

Cid Highwind: Ralph Fiennes or Sam Rockwell

Yuffife Kisaragi: Kristin Kreuk

Aeris Gainsborough: Natalie Portman, Rachel Leigh Cook

Vincent Valentine: Christian Bale, maybe Crispin Glover?

Sephiroth: Cillian Murphy, if only for his voice. He has the creepiest voice and overall a really creepy vibe and would be a perfect Sephiroth.

Something like that. But why do we need a live action FFVII movie? We have Advent Children, and its ******* awesome.
                        Last edited by A Perfect Score; 06-29-2010, 12:11 AM.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I'll take the entire Star Wars trilogy, the first and third Indiana Jones flicks, the first and second Godfather movies, Terminator 1 & 2, Jaws, Die Hard and probably the first Matrix movie over ANY of the LOTR trilogy. I dont hate on LOTR, because those were all good movies, but I find they are incredibly overrated by alot of people. The criticisms are right when they say some parts of those movies are just ******* boring.
                          Meh that's the whole point of opinions. Maybe Jaw's hasn't aged well but when I watched it all I thought was how incredibly corny it was. I already said that Star Wars has a case, I think they are on a par but I'm a much bigger fantasy fan than Sci Fi. Matrix 1 was better, imo, Godfather 1 and 2 are also on a par, if not better, but I can't say I had as much "fun" watching them. Indiana Jones must be a generational thing because I just don't get the hype. They are good solid movies but I can't think of any element they did better than LOTR for why I would rather watch it. Die Hard is a good popcorn flick, but that is what it is.

I'm fully aware it is opinion, hence why I voiced mine but between two of you you have not been able to come up with as many movies that are better and 3/4 of the ones you mentioned were the same ones I mentioned. That list has far too many movies above it. Again, perhaps it is a generational thing on a lot of the movies, sentimentality will always alter the perception of a movie. For me LOTR came out not too long after I had read and been amazed by the book and I thought it was an exceptional rendition, given how truly epic the books are. Could also explain why I would rate the Matrix as the only movie on that list unconditionally better than the LOTR movies.

Opinions are what they are, we are always going to disagree. I'm either going to enjoy a movie or not, what someone else says won't change that and I can't think of a better trilogy than LOTR, Star Wars is the only genuine contender as well. I will stand by that. Individual movies in other trilogies may be to the same level but not the trilogies.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• We have Advent Children, and its ******* awesome.
                            Your avatar is ******* awesome... Advent Children was a solid movie in comparison to what ******* awesome is...

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              I haven't read the books but I enjoy the movies.
                              Same here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information