No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the Wild Things Are is awesome, and it had an awesome Arcade Fire song in the trailer, so it's just awesome all around.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I like the original version of the Arcade Fire song better then the one in the trailer.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• The song isn't exactly radically different, just sped up a bit.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Grave of the Fireflies........Beautiful movie.

I was also watching Gladiator earlier. No question the best score in movie history. "Now we are free" is so good.
          Last edited by holt_bruce81; 07-01-2010, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• Watched Shutter Island...kind of a let down and amazingly predictable...I figured everything out about half an hour in...including the less than obvious stuff. Like the entire back story. ha. Probably because I was looking for it, but still. It was entertaining enough and there were some beautiful shots but not Leo or Scorsese's best work.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Recently watched
              Toy Story 3- It warmed the cockles of my heart. If you don't enjoy this movie you have no soul.

Law Abiding Citizen- What a badass movie! Gerard Butler is moving up my ladder of actors. I liked it more than 300. All his roles need to be ass kicking stay away from the comedies.

Shutter Island- I was determined to figure the movie out and i did. Kinda ruined the movie for myself
              Last edited by Bob Sanders Dreadlock; 07-01-2010, 10:12 AM.
              Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• As soon as you get the backstory of a certain character in Shutter Island...it's pretty easy to put two and two together. There are def. more complex pysch thrillers out there.

As for Toy Story 3...I saw it yesterday. I was falling asleep in the theatre, because I was exhausted...but I really liked the movie. Saw it in 3D, pretty trippy. It was a fun movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  He also fashioned 2 of the best movie endings of all time in Seven and Fight Club. I forgive him.
                  everyone loves the twist in fight club, but the one and only thing that bothers me about that movie...

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    everyone loves the twist in fight club, but the one and only thing that bothers me about that movie...

I wasn't really talking about the twist, I love the actual ending of Fight Club more then any other movie. When the Pixies start to roll, oh man. As for your question

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      well the doctor is a very eccentric character and that's what Depp does best. That said I hope/wish they would get a British actor to play the doctor in a film.
                      Right. He wouldn't be terrible, but I feel like it would just be forced saying, "Oh, well Dr. Who is a crazy/weird guy, and Johnny Depp is good at that so let's do it." It's not like Depp is the only actor that can pull it off, and I would hate for him to make the character more American-ish.

Like you, I'd rather see them cast a British actor for the role.

Also, Where the Wild Things are should be arriving at my house today. Pretty pumped considering I expect it to ruin my childhood memories, so anything better will be great. Then, Law Abiding Citizen will be on my instant queue. Woooo!

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        I hate Aronofsky cause he is engaged to Rachel Weisz.
                        he is? In that case your motion of hate is seconded.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Why is everybody so surprised that Ken Jeong is doing a terrible movie? I don't get the love for that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                            Why is everybody so surprised that Ken Jeong is doing a terrible movie? I don't get the love for that guy.
                            Never seen Community, have you? Senor Chang is the man, don't you dare say a word otherwise! Or else El Tigre will kill you.

Comment

• I almost included an exception regarding that, because he's been pretty good in the 2.5 episodes that I've seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                                I almost included an exception regarding that, because he's been pretty good in the 2.5 episodes that I've seen.
                                Haha fair enough.

But yea, his characters are getting really played out right now because of his popularity. I still love him and the parts he plays, but it's no surprise that he's probably going to be pimped out to any and every comedy in the near future, both quality and crap.

I will say this, I don't think there's anyway he would ever be able to be the main character of a movie/show. He will always be a side character, which is probably what's best for his type of acting/comedy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information