Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Because the average person is stupid, which is why The Last Airbender and Eclipse are raking in the cash.
    Robert Pattinson being amazingly amazing is why Eclipse is raking in the cash.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
      Robert Pattinson being amazingly amazing is why Eclipse is raking in the cash.
      +Taylor Lautner's 6 pack
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• "I am your dam guide, please don't wander off the dam tour and please take all the dam pictures you want. Now are there any dam questions?"

"Yeah, where can I get some damn bait?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
          "I am your dam guide, please don't wander off the dam tour and please take all the dam pictures you want. Now are there any dam questions?"

"Yeah, where can I get some damn bait?"
          VEGAS VACATION!!!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Roses are red. Violets are blue. **** you *****.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• seems appropriate given a certain thread which was just closed.

Comment

• Nottalotta people are going to pay $9-10 to confirm their belief that Patinson is an awful actor.

I somehow don't see a sterling position on the Hollywood A-List or any Oscar nominations in his future, & that's being kind. A lot of film critics are a lot meaner when they discuss him.

Comment

• Really good movie IMO.

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

• I'm going to a midnight showing of predators. I'm kinda pumped. Predator is one of my all-time favorites. Hopefully this is a worthy follow.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                      Nottalotta people are going to pay $9-10 to confirm their belief that Patinson is an awful actor.

I somehow don't see a sterling position on the Hollywood A-List or any Oscar nominations in his future, & that's being kind. A lot of film critics are a lot meaner when they discuss him.
                      Which is unfortunate, because hes perfect for the role. I havent seen him in anything else, so I cant speak to his actual talent. But what people claim is bad acting is him being precisely what that character is in the books (aka the only redeeming part of them)

And as such, I show my support in sig/avy form!

Comment

• Pattinson doesnt seem all that bad in interviews. In fact, everything Ive seen suggests he absolutely hates the role he plays in Twilight. In fact, when he was rumored to play Cobain, I didnt hate the casting.

As much as I hate to defend Twilight, because 90% of the people who post on this board have better syntax then Stephanie Meyer does, I dont think Pattinson is the worst thing about those movies.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Pattinson doesnt seem all that bad in interviews. In fact, everything Ive seen suggests he absolutely hates the role he plays in Twilight. In fact, when he was rumored to play Cobain, I didnt hate the casting.

As much as I hate to defend Twilight, because 90% of the people who post on this board have better syntax then Stephanie Meyer does, I dont think Pattinson is the worst thing about those movies.
                          I forget what I saw it on, but I've seen him do an interview/read one where he just rips on Twilight and how they are awful stories. I really think he only does it to get paid.

Plus, all his interviews he doesn't seem like he gives a ****. I watched one like behind the scenes interview and he said something to the effect of, "I love having makeup artists. You can go out the night before and get smashed, and then not have to worry about it in the morning."

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            I'm going to a midnight showing of predators. I'm kinda pumped. Predator is one of my all-time favorites. Hopefully this is a worthy follow.
                            I'm seeing that today, I'll report back later.

Comment

• Quote: Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey
                              I'm going to a midnight showing of predators. I'm kinda pumped. Predator is one of my all-time favorites. Hopefully this is a worthy follow.

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              I'm seeing that today, I'll report back later.
                              I love the Predator franchise too, even was a paid admission to AVP that was rated one of the worst of all time.

I was going to go today too until I read this review:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_154605...nclick_check=1

Cast of heavy hitters including Adrien Brody & Laurence Fishburne, it's the original Predator from '87 regurgitated, big budget CG & no real storyline. I'll pass.

What's up with this yr's horrible summer movies? They all seem to be Pixar CGfests or sequels to previous hits (or both in the case of Toy Story 3) or films based on TV shows that sucked to begin with like A-Team. There's no Hurt Locker this yr, no surprise hits with Oscarworthy performances, no scifi epics like Star Trek, no surprise hit comedies, just ensemble cast buddy movie crap with horrible scripts like Grown Ups. Some critics said Airbender drove the final nail in Shamaylan's directing career & all the 3D bandwagon films like Despicable Me are "all looks, no story."

And Nicholas Cage, who used to be a great actor & Coppola clan Hollywood heavyweight sold his remaining career to Disney with Sorcerer's Apprentice -- he lost all his millions in the economic downturn -- had to sell his pvt. island.....

It's like all the good directors went into rehab or took long vacations this summer. Even Ridley Scott dorked up a historical epic that he usually does very well like Kingdom of Heaven in Robin Hood -- it was Gladiator In Sherwood Forest.

The only good films seem to be low budget documentaries like Restrepo, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Inception that looks great & is generating good buzz.
                              Last edited by LizardState; 07-10-2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• high hopes for inception. sounds like the prize of the summer blockbusters. heist movie meets scifi where the heist occurs in other ppl's dreams. very original idea for a movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information