No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My copy of Total Recall is at a friends and Running Man is hard to find. I always keep an eye out at BuyBacks

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

• you need Jingle All the Way as well

Comment

• Comment

• Kindergarten Cop
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Arnold Schwarzenegger should've been in Pulp Fiction. I think he would be perfect as Marcellus Wallace.

Comment

• 1st time I saw that, I thought I was going to die I was laughing so hard.

Comment

• When was it announced that Ed Norton wasn't gonna be in The Avengers? Cause I just found out.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Yesterday, I believe. Really ****** news. I wonder who they will cast to replace him.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                    I never trashed Toy Story 3 I havent even seen that movie. I just said it wasnt my thing. People have preferences and things they like better, animated movies is not mine. If thats yours then cool. I dont care if you guys dont like some of the movies I like it doesn't matter. I enjoyed it and thought it was good but if no one else did then fine. Im not butt hurt over it. I just thought that "there were to many explosions" is kind of a dumb reason but its all opinion. **** story, to long... I didnt think it was either of those.
                    I hate animated movies and I just shake my head when people say Pixar makes the best movies nowadays. Not my cup of tea and I haven't seen Toy Story 2 or 3 yet, but the first one was pretty much the exception. I also liked Finding Nemo. Other than that? I think they're all a little below my age range.

Ratatouille? I thought I would watch that with my nephew... I just walked away about 40 minutes in. Wall-E? **** that ****.

Anyway, I did see Knight and Day and my expectations were gradually lowered the longer I went without seeing it, but overall, a pretty fun movie. I hate Tom Cruise the person and it's always had an effect on his performances (probably why I think he was so good in Magnolia, I naturally hated him and since he played a very hatable character, that really worked in his favor), but I'm actually starting to think he's a good actor. He has some great chemistry with Cameron Diaz, but when his kisses her, he does look like a ****. He had some funny lines and Diaz has a great scene where she's given a truth serum. The plot is pretty much an after thought and nothing more than a plot device to have Cruise running around killing people while cracking jokes. I would say I have no reason to ever watch it again, but once in theaters? Worked our pretty well. One major issue was the movie feeling much longer than the 1 hr 40. min run time. It wasn't boring, but they were just cramming a bunch of **** into a small amount of time.

Mangold is one of my favorite directors going, but this is a bit of a step back since 3:10 to Yuma, Walk the Line and Identity. A fairly mediocre movie with a good amount of laughs and a couple of good lead performances.

I also watched Shutter Island again. I was bit surprised by how a ton of people found the movie to be mediocre or average after seeing, what I thought to be, a masterpiece in theaters and one of the best movies of the last five years. I was a little apprehensive to watch it again, because I remembered a great movie. I still think it's a masterpiece after my second viewing. I think DiCaprio gives one of his best performances of his career and Scorsese makes yet another, complex character study. The hallucinations are simply incredible to look at and extremely thought provoking to see after repeated viewings. Easily some of my favorite parts of the movie were the flashbacks and dream sequences. This is also a movie where Scorsese gets as close to shooting a war movie as he probably ever will and he exceeds my imagination of how great he could make a movie of that genre (with a botched suicide attempt and a Tarantino-esque slaughtering that had me on my feet applauding). I thought the score was a bit of a flaw at the theater and I thought it was a touch overbearing, but now I think it fits nearly perfectly and that it's quite good.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                    Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                    I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                    Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                    I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                    Originally posted by GoRavens
                    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• I get the feeling the Sorcerers Apprentice could be an all time bad movie.
                      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        Yesterday, I believe. Really ****** news. I wonder who they will cast to replace him.
                        Early reports indicate Joaquin Phoenix.
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                          I hate animated movies and I just shake my head when people say Pixar makes the best movies nowadays.
                          Why is your heart so cold?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            Why is your heart so cold?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                              Early reports indicate Joaquin Phoenix.
                              This guy?

Or this guy?

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                                I get the feeling the Sorcerers Apprentice could be an all time bad movie.
                                i had the same feeling about Pirates of the Carribean and was totally wrong. never underestimate Bruckheimer and Nicolas Cage. That said I still expect it to suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information