Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i have brick downloaded, been meaning to watch it


    The way it is

    GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

    Comment


    • I've seen both Brick and Four Rooms. Both definitely worth watching. I thought Four Rooms was great, some of it was just hilarious.

      Anyone else see The Assassination of Jesse James? Just watched that the other day... It was ok but I was underwhelmed. The way it's shot is different, but different isn't always good. All the characters seemed borderline r3tarded (can't say r3tarded, what?), very unimpressed with Jesse James' choice of companions.

      Also had one of the dumbest gunfights ever.
      Last edited by Farva; 02-10-2008, 01:54 AM. Reason: da_n censo_s

      Comment


      • I just saw the Assassination of Jesse James...pretty good flick...underrated, IMO...I really liked Casey Affleck and Brad Pitt...Good cast and writing, however the plot, frankly, sucked. Not only was the plot thrusted upon the viewer it was just because a loose connection of conflicts ultimately resulting in Jesse James' death...However, I though it was still a pretty good movie, and one of the more underrated movies of the year, IMO...It was also pretty cool because James is folk hero here in KC where I live.



        sig by BoneKrusher

        Originally posted by BuckNaked
        Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Farva View Post
          I've seen both Brick and Four Rooms. Both definitely worth watching. I thought Four Rooms was great, some of it was just hilarious.

          Anyone else see The Assassination of Jesse James? Just watched that the other day... It was ok but I was underwhelmed. The way it's shot is different, but different isn't always good. All the characters seemed borderline r3tarded (can't say r3tarded, what?), very unimpressed with Jesse James' choice of companions.

          Also had one of the dumbest gunfights ever.
          I wouldn't say they were mentally slow, but rather screwed up in the head...It's not like the most emotionally stable and intelligent people were signing up to rob banks and railroads...It was a far better representation of gang members than the romanticized popular Western movies...I really liked Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck, as well as Bob's brother...Also, it wasn't like this was a full-time group of thieves...Basically, Jesse James rounded up some young men and gave them guns, and then took all the money...to call those gang members "companions" is a strech...Yeah, the way it was shot was different, and kinda of annoyed, but didn't really affect my opinion of it either way



          sig by BoneKrusher

          Originally posted by BuckNaked
          Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

          Comment


          • The acting was good, I'll give you that. I've always been a Brad Pitt fan and I liked Casey Affleck in Gone Baby Gone.

            Comment


            • So who else caught There Will Be Blood? Day-Lewis owns.

              I just saw We Own the Night. Poor man's Departed, very, very ho-hum.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by thule View Post
                Anyone seen the movie brick....

                It won just about every independant film award...and if it didn't win it was nominated.

                Anyways...the movie appears to be just another teen flick avenging his GF's death...but then at the end if you think about it...this movie is really deep...I'd love to go through some thoughts with people on the board if you've seen it....because there are a lot of things left up in the air.
                Very good movie. I really like how they put in the classic Noir genre into a high school setting. At first I thought it was over the top, but afterwards I accepted and appreciated it. I really would like to see that movie again.

                btw, your sig rocks.

                "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                Comment


                • Don't ever see Stardust...ever


                  don't make the mistake I made...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                    Don't ever see Stardust...ever


                    don't make the mistake I made...
                    THANK YOU! Everyone raved about it so much, i saw it on a plane- it was awful! so cheesy, predictable and such a stupid plot. seeing robert de niro in such a horrible role as that made me cringe.

                    It was a joke- no wonder it did so bad in the box office

                    sig by jkpigskin

                    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                    2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                      THANK YOU! Everyone raved about it so much, i saw it on a plane- it was awful! so cheesy, predictable and such a stupid plot. seeing robert de niro in such a horrible role as that made me cringe.

                      It was a joke- no wonder it did so bad in the box office
                      it was like a bad rip off of the Lord of the Rings and the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe...horrible

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                        Don't ever see Stardust...ever


                        don't make the mistake I made...
                        Stardust was a very underrated movie. Sure it was predictable but it was a hell of a lot better than the Chronicles of Narnia. Not too mention it was based off of a Neil Gaiman book.

                        And TAOJJBTCRF was one of my favorite movies last year. I'm not really getting all the plot criticisms, even though I didn't really like some of the stuff with Dick it was pretty necessary on the whole.


                        RIP TheManInBlack

                        Comment


                        • I'm going to watch Cloverfield when it comes to Brazil.

                          Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

                          Dream Pats Draft:
                          1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
                          2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
                          3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
                          3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
                          4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
                          5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
                          6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
                          7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

                          Comment


                          • Futurama: Bender's Game
                            Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs
                            Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder

                            All coming out this year; I am pretty excited about it.

                            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                            Comment


                            • Is There Will Be Blood worth seeing?
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                              Next Up: 2012

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                Stardust was a very underrated movie. Sure it was predictable but it was a hell of a lot better than the Chronicles of Narnia. Not too mention it was based off of a Neil Gaiman book.

                                And TAOJJBTCRF was one of my favorite movies last year. I'm not really getting all the plot criticisms, even though I didn't really like some of the stuff with Dick it was pretty necessary on the whole.
                                God I hated chronicles of narnia. I thought I was the only one.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information