No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Departed was a spectacular movie. I was cheering when it won best picture abd too me it was the most deserving Best Picture winner since American Beauty. What makes me sad is knowing that the academy won't be that smart two years in a row because as good as No Country For Old Men was, There Will Be Blood is pure genious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
      The funny thing about the The Departed for me is that when I first saw it, I thought it was fine, a good solid movie. But didn't really have it as one of Scorsese's best. But After the 2nd and 3rd viewings, I really started to love it. I mean it's probably in my top 3 right now. The performances, the music and the whole feel of it just grew better with each viewing, even with me knowing the ending.
      wow i was totally the same way. i think its better every time i watch it. the 1st time i saw it i thought it was average at best, the ending was sort of dumb. but it was actually genius and i appreciated it a lot more. great acting with a great screenplay, despite it being a remake

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        The Departed was a spectacular movie. I was cheering when it won best picture abd too me it was the most deserving Best Picture winner since American Beauty. What makes me sad is knowing that the academy won't be that smart two years in a row because as good as No Country For Old Men was, There Will Be Blood is pure genious.
        While TWBB is amazing, I think No Country For Old Men was more technically sound...TWBB had like no plot, which could have vaulted TWBB further than it is now, which is scary to think about.

Also, Most Overrated Movie: Eastern Promises...man, that movie was disappointing

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
        Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
          wow i was totally the same way. i think its better every time i watch it. the 1st time i saw it i thought it was average at best, the ending was sort of dumb. but it was actually genius and i appreciated it a lot more. great acting with a great screenplay, despite it being a remake
          Do you know that it is originally an Asian movie? I knew they were remaking the movie in the US like 1-3 years before it came out. Then forgot about it. I then watched The Departed and as the end came up I went "This end is really similar to.... AH DAMN IT!". The asian version is great too, Infernal Affairs.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• Anyone else think "the Happening" looks terrible?
            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-18-2008, 12:16 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Feburary 19th DVD Releases
              The Final Inquiry
              RENDITION
              Chaos
              Catacombs
              For The Bible Tells Me So
              Poor Boy's Game (Ws Sub Dol)
              LUST CAUTION
              Black Water
              Gabriel
              Cops
              AMERICAN GANGSTER
              MARGOT AT THE WEDDING
              Michael Clayton
              Nightmare Detective

Any Recommendations? Michael Clayton and American Gangster are easy decisions for me, but anything else worth taking a look at?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Anyone else think "the Happening" looks terrible?
                Though I haven't seen a M. Night Shyamalan film that I liked since Signs, I have high hopes for this one just because I'm a huge fan of Mark Wahlberg. I'd give it a chance.

Comment

Feburary 19th DVD Releases
                  The Final Inquiry
                  RENDITION
                  Chaos
                  Catacombs
                  LUST CAUTION
                  Black Water
                  Gabriel
                  Cops
                  AMERICAN GANGSTER
                  MARGOT AT THE WEDDING
                  Michael Clayton
                  Nightmare Detective

Any Recommendations? Michael Clayton and American Gangster are easy decisions for me, but anything else worth taking a look at?
                  in the valley of ellah is supposed to be a pretty good movie...I'm excited about Margot at the Wedding myself...and Clayton

Comment

Feburary 19th DVD Releases
                    The Final Inquiry
                    RENDITION
                    Chaos
                    Catacombs
                    LUST CAUTION
                    Black Water
                    Gabriel
                    Cops
                    AMERICAN GANGSTER
                    MARGOT AT THE WEDDING
                    Michael Clayton
                    Nightmare Detective

Gone Baby Gone came out last week if you haven't checked it out. In the Valley of Elah also got some good reviews (though I haven't seen it myself), and I'm pretty sure that comes out this week.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
                    Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      That's a bit of a weak collection.. only 2 movies.

Here's a collection that is highly recommended by me:

Shrug. It was at best buy for 10 bucks. I would pay 10 bucks for Requiem by itself. And it has a pretty cool case. And collection is what they say on the case. I wouldnt call it that either.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                        The Departed was a spectacular movie. I was cheering when it won best picture abd too me it was the most deserving Best Picture winner since American Beauty. What makes me sad is knowing that the academy won't be that smart two years in a row because as good as No Country For Old Men was, There Will Be Blood is pure genious.
                        I wanted Little Miss Sunshine to win because I feel that a movie similar to The Departed comes out every few years and it wasn't nearly Scorsese's best. But Little Miss Sunshine gave me one of the best feelings that I have ever felt after seeing a movie. I'm not upset with The Departed winning, but I would have preferred LMS.

Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                          I wanted Little Miss Sunshine to win because I feel that a movie similar to The Departed comes out every few years and it wasn't nearly Scorsese's best. But Little Miss Sunshine gave me one of the best feelings that I have ever felt after seeing a movie. I'm not upset with The Departed winning, but I would have preferred LMS.
                          every character in that movie was solid acting wise...Alan Arkin deserved his best supporting actor nomination...

Comment

• i rented 3:10 to yuma and eastern promises tonight and watched both. i really enjoyed both of them. eastern promises is awesome.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Yeah I won't disagree with adsch, Eastern Promises was rather disappointing. I don't think it's really overrated since I don't hear as many people rave about it. Some good acting, though. I thought it would be better, but it's still a movie I'd want to watch again.

Comment

• Just got through watching The Darjeeling Limited. On one hand I was mazed but just how great a director Wes Anderson really is. I mean I have yet to see a movie of his that I have not liked but he did an incredible job with this one. That being said I couldn't help but feel a little let down. I am big fans of the Schartzman, Brody and Wilson so I expected a lot going in. As great as he is at it I think Wes Anderson should try something else but the quirky comedy because well he is the best quirky comedy director out there, he needs to try his hand at something else.

As for TWBB I disagree that there was not a plot. Everything has a plot except for maybe David Lynch movies. I think TWBB was more of a character study then anything else and it was a brilliant one at that. I think the reason you do not think it had a plot is because it is such a genious movie about these characters that you tend to forget about the story. No Country For Old Men was a powerful film and almost any other year I would want it to win but a film like There Will Be Blood only comes around every couple decades. I think the comparison's to Citizen Kane are spot on because like Kane this film won't be fully appreciated for years.

As for Easter Promises I was extremly let down. Even more so though I was let down by Michael Clayton. I was also let fown by American Gangster. I am watching Margot At The Wedding some time this week so I would go with what Steelers said and watch Gone Baby Gone which is in my top 10 of the year. I would also highly recomend Into The Wild which I believe comes out in a week or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information