No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're thinking of Grizzly Man, which was actually a decent movie.

Also, I read the book Into the Wild and I hated it. I saw no point in seeing the movie.

And Atonement was not as good as its billing and did not get snubbed.

Finally, Zodiac was way overrated by everyone on this board and is not even worthy of being mentioned with No Country and TWBB in the same breath.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by DChess View Post
      glitter???
      You want me to bitchslap you again?
      Last edited by wingboy2999; 02-24-2008, 11:37 PM.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
        Grizzly Man. I believe
        You win, there you go.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
          Finally, Zodiac was way overrated by everyone on this board and is not even worthy of being mentioned with No Country and TWBB in the same breath.
          I think Billinglsy was the only one who is hyping it up. Never heard much about it on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
            I think Billinglsy was the only one who is hyping it up. Never heard much about it on here.
            Good point. Something that I did note funny on Oscar night was that The Bourne Ultimatum finished second behind No Country with the most Oscars won tonight after winning 3. Nice props to a very well done series.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
              I seriously hope you're kidding...I love ya Billingsley, but IMO, Zodiac is on a much lower level when compared to No Country for Old Men and Juno
              Well, maybe it doesnt compare much to No Country, and seeing how I am a fan of westerns, and I really liked No Country, maybe I went a little overboard.

Zodiac was still great. I just like everything about it. Like I said I read a ton on the story, knew about all the suspects, the killings, other victims, the whole deal. I was really taken by it. I mean, I dont even know how to describe, there just werent really any flaws that I can point out.

It could be the same thing like Escape From alcatraz with me. That is up there with my favourite movies of all time.

Comment

• zodiac was terrible

Comment

• Originally posted by DChess View Post
                  zodiac was terrible
                  It felt like I was watching a pebble roll down a 5-mile long hill.

Comment

• I don't have the attention span these days for long movies like that. I did watch it and liked it but damn it was long.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• Zodiac was still a good film, but wasn't elite by any means

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                        It felt like I was watching a pebble roll down a 5-mile long hill.
                        Seriously? Man, a lotta hate for this movie. It was a great movie for its type. The nature of the story made it that long, and they honstley left a lot out too. It could have easily been a 4 hour movie. The stroy was really messed up because the killer had spread it out over like a decade, but each time presented a long story behind it.

Comment

• The best part of the movie was allowing Marketa Irglova from Once the chance of going back on stage to make her acceptance speech. My favorite Oscar moment that I've seen in my life.

I would put the movie Once in the same breath as No country and TWBB, but not many will and I understand that. But to me, it was a terrific movie.

Comment

• You know what was a horrible horrible movie? The Black Dahlia Murders. I thought that was going to be a slasher type movie. It sucked balls.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• I'm grabbing like 7-10 movies right now... I love the internet. For my "archival copies".

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                                Well, to be honest, another one of my favourite movies is Escape From Alcatraz, and both of those movies jokted up my list when I went to San Francisco/Bay Area one summer, and my interest was sparked

Zodiac was amazing. Jake was reat and I loved Mark Ruffalo's character too. It wasnt really that slow moving. Great movie, the way they portrayed each "attack" if you will was very well done. It left you on the edge of your seat even though you already knew what was going ot happen.

P.S Maybe it helped that I read a lot on the story, and read both books written by Robert Graysmith.
                                I live in San Jose, an hour away from The City. It was cool how I knew the places and all, but it dragged on way too long. I love the ending though. Maybe the ending makes it worth it.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information