Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    There's no way I'd have the patience or tenacity to catalogue every movie I've ever seen. I wouldn't even know where to start.
    Especially when you try to count movies from childhood.
    I can easily think of way too many from just the first few years of memory I have to even want to think about finishing the list

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

• Yeah that would be pretty much impossible for me.

Comment

• This the Man of Steel trailer. It's just a teaser and it doesn't show much. There are two versions of it with two different voice overs from either Jor El (Russel Crowe) or Johnathan Kent (Kevin Costner). If you saw The Dark Knight Rises, you may have seen it already. Unfortunately it's not the extended trailer that was shown at Comic Con.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Such a lame teaser. If one of the biggest criticisms coming from your franchise is that it is too boring, why would you put that as your teaser? Everyone has seen superman fly, and we all know he chooses the path of good over evil. Just a very uninteresting trailer.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            Such a lame teaser. If one of the biggest criticisms coming from your franchise is that it is too boring, why would you put that as your teaser? Everyone has seen superman fly, and we all know he chooses the path of good over evil. Just a very uninteresting trailer.
            I think everyone knows how all of these comic book characters are going to turn out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
              I think everyone knows how all of these comic book characters are going to turn out.
              Haha of course, which was why them stating in the trailer that he'd have to choose whether to be good or evil was just really dumb. Especially for such a boy scout of a character.

Originally posted by WMD
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Haha of course, which was why them stating in the trailer that he'd have to choose whether to be good or evil was just really dumb. Especially for such a boy scout of a character.
                I didn't take that quote as Clark having to make a big decision to be good or evil. His father is just saying whatever you decide to do, it will change the world because you are different.

Comment

• It's just a harmless teaser, I don't take anything from it. It still could be interesting, since it has Zod and not Luthor (I understand how good of a character Luthor is, but I'm sick to death of Supes not having a formidable foe to fight him).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    It's just a harmless teaser, I don't take anything from it. It still could be interesting, since it has Zod and not Luthor (I understand how good of a character Luthor is, but I'm sick to death of Supes not having a formidable foe to fight him).
                    Right you can't really take anything from that kind of teaser at all, except maybe the production value. I do like that Clark looks like he lost his way and is working on a crab boat. I'm anxious to see how his transition into adolescence plays out. We never really saw that on screen...even in the first film there is a jump from him finding the Fortress of Solitude to suddenly becoming Superman.

Comment

• I said nothing about the actual movie, just specifically the trailer - which was really useless and did nothing to get me any more excited about another superman movie.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        Right you can't really take anything from that kind of teaser at all, except maybe the production value. I do like that Clark looks like he lost his way and is working on a crab boat. I'm anxious to see how his transition into adolescence plays out. We never really saw that on screen...even in the first film there is a jump from him finding the Fortress of Solitude to suddenly becoming Superman.
                        Well, that's what 850 seasons of Smallville is for.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

did nothing to get me any more excited about another superman movie.
                          Perhaps this will turn you on to a new Superman movie.

SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• The trailer has me a lot more excited than I was a few weeks ago. I am not a fan of Snyder at all, but if he can tone down the Snyder-isms it should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              Well, that's what 850 seasons of Smallville is for.
                              I never cared about Smallville. And I don't think that counts as "the big screen" which is what I was implying earlier.

Comment

I said nothing about the actual movie, just specifically the trailer - which was really useless and did nothing to get me any more excited about another superman movie.
                                I was quite interested from the little information that was provided. Can't wait for the full trailer.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information