• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this gon be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
      WHY ARE YOU THE WAY THAT YOU ARE?!
      Really? Way more people know who Natalie Portman is, than know who Hugo Weaving is...

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
        Really? Way more people know who Natalie Portman is, than know who Hugo Weaving is...
        That doesn't make her the star, she's neither the title character nor the central figure in the film...
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          That doesn't make her the star, she's neither the title character nor the central figure in the film...
          Hugo Weaving is awesome. And it is just another case of Caddy being difficult.
          After all, he doesn't like Nathan Fillion

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            More people went to see that movie in cinema because Natalie Portmans name was on the movie poster, not because of Hugo Weaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
              Hugo Weaving is awesome. And it is just another case of Caddy being difficult.
              After all, he doesn't like Nathan Fillion
              I love Hugo Weaving... Why would I hate a fellow awesome Aussie?

Comment

More people went to see that movie in cinema because Natalie Portmans name was on the movie poster, not because of Hugo Weaving.
                Yeah umm, Natalie Portman isn't a draw. The concept of the movie drew people in, not her. Same with Halo, except Halo won't be based off of an Alan Moore comic and will probably be considerably worse.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Yeah umm, Natalie Portman isn't a draw. The concept of the movie drew people in, not her. Same with Halo, except Halo won't be based off of an Alan Moore comic and will probably be considerably worse.
                  I've watched plenty of movies just because Natalie Portman is in them. She is definitely a draw.

Comment

I've watched plenty of movies just because Natalie Portman is in them. She is definitely a draw.
                    Hesher didn't make any money, Brothers didn't do much, The Other Boleyn Girl didn't do much, etc. She's not a draw at all.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I love Hugo Weaving... Why would I hate a fellow awesome Aussie?
                      Then why discredit him?
                      He was the "star" of the film.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

Hesher didn't make any money, Brothers didn't do much, The Other Boleyn Girl didn't do much, etc. She's not a draw at all.
                        Convenient examples. Don't list the ones that did 100 plus million.

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                        Then why discredit him?
                        He was the "star" of the film.
                        I think we are arguing based on different conceptions of the word star. If star means the best performance in the film then I'd give the nod to Hugo, but I'm talking about 'star power'.

Comment

Convenient examples. Don't list the ones that did 100 plus million.
                          Because she wasn't the draw, the material was. The ones that actually did $100+ million were three Star Wars movies, a comic book movie, and Black Swan. The only movie where she was THE draw or even close to it is Black Swan, but a lot of that was critical hype.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Because she wasn't the draw, the material was. The ones that actually did $100+ million were three Star Wars movies, a comic book movie, and Black Swan. The only movie where she was THE draw or even close to it is Black Swan, but a lot of that was critical hype.
                            I have watched several movies just because of Natalie Portman. I imagine I'm not the only one. Also she has had at least one other 100 plus million dollar movie I can think of off the top of my head. No Strings Attached made 150 million and was trash. I think Portman had something to do with that.
                            Last edited by Caddy; 09-27-2012, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• You may call me 'V'.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I watched "Dear Zachary."

Great documentary, but a big emotional roller coaster.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information