Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    Biggest Snub was Raging Bull losing to Ordinary people. I would also say Pulp Fiction's loss to Forrest Gump and Stanley Kubrick getting screwed out of an Oscar countless times. Kubrick should have about 5 Best Director and Picture Awards. Including The Departed Scorsese should have 4 Best Directors (Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas). Oh and DDL losing to Denzel for Best Actor. Bill The Butcher was awesome.
    No way were those movioes better than Forrest Gump. Forrest Gump was, in my books, a top movie of all time., Very, very well done. In every aspect.

Comment

• I think Shawshank should have beaten both Forrest Fump and Pulp Fiction.

Comment

• I just didn't like Forrest Gump at all. I thought both Shawshank and Pulp Fiction were the superior movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
          I think Shawshank should have beaten both Forrest Fump and Pulp Fiction.
          Forrest Gump revolutionized movies with the new technology where they placed Tom Hanks in old footage. It really told American History's ups and down from probably the 50's right through to present day. Tom Hanks played a role in all of thse events that took place.

It showed the state of the country, and how it battled back and dealt with these events. The idea was amazing, I still think one of the best original ideas ever made into a movie. Tom Hanks played the role sooo well. Every award it won, was well deserved.

Comment

• There Will be Blood- only 2 oscars. Thats a damn shame and also incredibly disappointing. It should have won best director for sure. I feel bad for PTA. 5 oscar noms and no wins. :(

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• I disagree...I believe the Coen Brothers were right there with PTA and NCFOM was just as superior or even better than TTWB...

like I said before...I don't think that TTWB was snubbed...

Comment

• On the previous debates:

- Zodiac is definitely one of the best movies of the year, and absolutely deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as No Country and TWBB. Probably #4 or #5 on my list of last year.

- Once, indeed is a terrific movie and I implore everyone to go buy it or obtain it and love it as much as I do. Definitely one of the best movie soundtracks ever. And #2 or #3 on my list of last year

- The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, in my mind had the best original score. Followed closely by TWBB and Into the Wild.

- And for my biggest Oscar travesty? Either Citizen Kane getting robbed or Forest Gump beating Shawshank and Pulp Fiction. Or even A Beautiful Mind winning over Moulin Rouge. Or Shakespeare in Love winning over Saving Private Ryan, or the biggest one; Crash winning and even being nominated for awards that aren't named Razzies.
                Last edited by HChu; 02-25-2008, 02:24 PM.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                  Biggest Snub was Raging Bull losing to Ordinary people. I would also say Pulp Fiction's loss to Forrest Gump and Stanley Kubrick getting screwed out of an Oscar countless times. Kubrick should have about 5 Best Director and Picture Awards. Including The Departed Scorsese should have 4 Best Directors (Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas). Oh and DDL losing to Denzel for Best Actor. Bill The Butcher was awesome.
                  Nah, the biggest mistake will always be either Shakespeare in Love beating Saving Private Ryan or the abomination that is Crash beating Brokeback Mountain and Munich. I was generally fine with the results from last night though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I completely agree on Crash and Shakespeare in Love not being deserving.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                      I completely agree on Crash and Shakespeare in Love not being deserving.
                      Yeah im glad to here you guys say that. I thought Crash was ok, but not great. Everyone I know raved about it and said how moving it was and spectacular but I thought it was too preachy and could not have more un-subtle in the way they explored the issue of rascism. Shakespeare in Love was also just alright. Very well done, and good acting, but Best Pic? Def not. How it won over SAving Private ryan is a mystery

Some of the Biggest Oscar Snubs (In my Opinion):
                      1. How Green Was My Valley Over Citizen Kane
                      2. Rocky over Taxi Driver
                      3. Oridnary People over Raging Bull
                      4. Chicago over A) GAngs of NEw York B) LOTR: Two Towers C) The Pianist

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Also, How bad were those songs from enchanted? lol. they were horendous. i did not see that movie, nor do i have any intentions of doing so, but I alomst wanted to puke hearing those songs. Im so glad the song from Once one because it clearly was the best

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• I just watched Brotherhood of the Wolf tonight, all I can say is man i've been missing out for a while, awesome film.
                          What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                          It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

• Has anyone seen Flags of our Fathers? Directed by Clint Eastwood, its a world war 2 movie. Its about 3 soldiers who raised the flag on Iwo Jima, became heroes, and went on a tour to raise bonds for the war. I really liked it. The action scenes in Flags of our Fathers are very well done-theyre actually better than Saving Private Ryan (Speilberg also produced Flags). And the drama following the bond tour is also well done, as the soldiers have reservations about being called heroes.

There was also a companion piece made with it, Letters of Iwo Jima, also directed by Eastwood. Made from the japanese side, with japenese actors and japanese dialogue (with subtitles of course). It's supposedly even better than Flags of our Fathers, and focuses solely on the battle of Iwo Jima, so i gota give that a try too.

Comment

• letters is the better war movie of the two...flags tells the story after they come home and trials they deal with about being "heroes"

Comment

• Me and my friend went to the movies, he wanted to watch Jumper i wanted to watch Be Kind Rewind, we settled on Vantage Point. It was a good action suspense, twisted, movie i liked it

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information