Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
    Children of Men- I despised this movie, i thought it looked great in trailers and the plot itself was so fresh and cool but I thought it was just dark for the sake of dark and really was undescriptive about the current state of society- terrible ending- did not like it one bit
    Idk why everyone is hating on the ending...It was great...The kid represented hope, and it brought the fighting to an end...In the absence of the baby (hope), the fighting started up again



    sig by BoneKrusher

    Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by adschofield View Post
      Idk why everyone is hating on the ending...It was great...The kid represented hope, and it brought the fighting to an end...In the absence of the baby (hope), the fighting started up again
      enough of the dissecting already...lol

      Comment


      • I'm going to see No Country For Old Men for the 2nd time tonight. Oh yeah
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

        Comment


        • No Country for Old Men absolutely deserved the best picture win...TWBB was a great film but I really think NCFOM had the all around better plot and acting...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
            No Country for Old Men absolutely deserved the best picture win...TWBB was a great film but I really think NCFOM had the all around better plot and acting...
            Amen, I've been saying this for a while...TWBB's complete lack of a plot cost them the Best Picture award...On the other hand, NCFOM had a great, defined plot



            sig by BoneKrusher

            Originally posted by BuckNaked
            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
              Some of the movies you liked (Chuck and Larry, We Are Marshall, Requiem and Shooter) I won't see for fear that I will vomit everywhere as a result of their shittyness.
              Sorry for this, but HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU GROUP REQUIEM FOR A DREAM WITH THOSE 3?


              RIP TheManInBlack

              Comment


              • Wow... yeah. That's horrible. I'll admit I didn't think those other 3 were that bad. But would never compare them to Requiem For A Dream. Holy crap...


                Sweet Living

                I remember 9/24/08

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                  I'm going to see No Country For Old Men for the 2nd time tonight. Oh yeah
                  Damn. The weather is really bad so I don't feel like going. I guess I'll have to wait until next Tuesday (opt awards = free tickets). Hopefully its still in theaters
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

                  Comment


                  • when does it come out on DVD...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Sorry for this, but HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU GROUP REQUIEM FOR A DREAM WITH THOSE 3?
                      Damn. I meant to group Requiem wit hthe ones I love. It is in my top 20. My bad.

                      Comment


                      • i know i will get criticized for this but i hated requiem for a dream- its not that i did not 'get it' or cannot 'appreciate' it...i just personally thought it was a bunch of people doing drugs, thats it- no character development, a weak plot and just poor overall. however i can understand why those who like it, like it

                        sig by jkpigskin

                        2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                        2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                          i know i will get criticized for this but i hated requiem for a dream- its not that i did not 'get it' or cannot 'appreciate' it...i just personally thought it was a bunch of people doing drugs, thats it- no character development, a weak plot and just poor overall. however i can understand why those who like it, like it
                          You missed the point. :D

                          It's not about drugs. It's about addiction, and how somebody can become addicted to anything.

                          Comment


                          • It's about a dream.... dying... and then people mourning it.


                            Sweet Living

                            I remember 9/24/08

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                              when does it come out on DVD...
                              VideoETA.com says March 11th.

                              Comment


                              • nice....it will be on my bookshelf later that day...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information