No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Road" is another novel my Cormac McCarthy that is being made into a movie. Its starring Viggo Mortenson and Charlize Theron. Its a fantastic novel and i would recommend it for anyone who hasnt read it.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• did I miss something relating to the ending of No Country for Old Men?

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• I know its a not a movie, but I do not know what other thread to post in. Did anyone watch the John Adams mini series on HBO 2nite? I thought it was excellent. I love history and it always been my favorite subject. And although i have heard the story of the declaration, the colonies, etc etc thousands of times, it was still fascinating.

Im looking forward to next week

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
          did I miss something relating to the ending of No Country for Old Men?
          Not going lie, I had to do some goggling to tie up the loose ends as well. What about the ending didn't you get?

Comment

• I watched No Country for Old Men, and I got everything leading up to the last conservation with Anton Chiguv and the main character's wife (can't remember her name) and Tommy Lee Jones' dream in regards to its thematic significance

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
              I watched No Country for Old Men, and I got everything leading up to the last conservation with Anton Chiguv and the main character's wife (Loretta) and Tommy Lee Jones' dream in regards to its thematic significance
              i fixed the name for you

Comment

• just watched it tonight, and it definately leaves alot to the imagination at the end...i really thought it was appropriate though. I really really liked the ending, although im probably one of the only ones who did.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• "look at that ******* bone!"

what a great movie...I didn't like the ending but I thought it fit....

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                    I watched No Country for Old Men, and I got everything leading up to the last conservation with Anton Chiguv and the main character's wife (can't remember her name) and Tommy Lee Jones' dream in regards to its thematic significance
                    re watch the scene with Tommy Lee Jones (sheriff) and Barry Corbin (old guy in wheel chair that Jones goes to see towards the end of the movie) listen closely to what Corbin has to say....that's the whole point of the movie in what he says....it's deep, yes, but easy to understand...the dream at the end is kindof like closure to what Corbin tells Jones....

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      "The Road" is another novel my Cormac McCarthy that is being made into a movie. Its starring Viggo Mortenson and Charlize Theron. Its a fantastic novel and i would recommend it for anyone who hasnt read it.
                      That book is crap compared to No Country and Blood Meridian

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• I just watched Brick for the first time last night, whoops, great flick. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was a really solid lead.
                        What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                        It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                          Not going lie, I had to do some goggling to tie up the loose ends as well. What about the ending didn't you get?
                          I'm not sure... it felt like it just ended.. maybe I just didn't understand the conversation at the end

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Damn, the Descent is another overrated movie on IMDB, imo. It was okay but, 7.4 seems really high for it...I saw it in 2005, then again yesterday. Watching it again, it wasnt all that great. I mean, it was def. better than all those stupid PG-13 "horror" movies. The Ring, The Grudge, Pulse, etc. but, not worthy of a 7.4, imo. I gave it a 6 when i rated it. I always rate horror movies fairly low though because, i'm unscarable...my parents traumatized me when i was younger w/ the likes of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Child's Play and many others. haha. I've been waiting for that one good movie to come out and give me a nice jump but, havent found it yet.
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-17-2008, 04:10 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Damn, the Descent is another overrated movie on IMDB, imo. It was okay but, 7.4 seems really high for it...I saw it in 2005, then again yesterday. Watching it again, it wasnt all that great. I mean, it was def. better than all those stupid PG-13 "horror" movies. The Ring, The Grudge, Pulse, etc. but, not worthy of a 7.4, imo. I gave it a 6 when i rated it. I always rate horror movies fairly low though because, i'm unscarable...my parents traumatized me when i was younger w/ the likes of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Child's Play and many others. haha. I've been waiting for that one good movie to come out and give me a nice jump but, havent found it yet.
                              The trailer for The Strangers looks pretty creepy.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• whats the deal with that movie Funny Games it looks weird

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information