Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
    I cannot stand when stuff happens to fingernails...
    For me it has to be the wrist or palms. That's why I never saw Passion of the Chirst.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      on a totally separate note, a book i just read which would make a sick movie is Oryx and Crake by margaret atwood. anyone else wanna comment on that? if u have read it, u will know wat i mean
      hells yeah that book is awesome. it would need a director with serious cajones to pull it off though

Comment

• Originally posted by xooberon View Post
        hells yeah that book is awesome. it would need a director with serious cajones to pull it off though
        not really...i think that it would take alot of spectacular visual effects and a perfect actor for the role of snowman...ed norton springs to mind as a perfect choice for the sardonic and slightly depressed narrator. who else springs to mind when u think of it? as for crake, i cant really think of anyone, and i think oryx would be fairly easy to cast.

as for director, it would have to be someone with a grandeur sort of style, someone like guillermo del toro or francis lawrence. Guys to steer away from would be roland emmerich, cause it is his kind of movie but he is a terrible director. JJ abrams is another guy who springs to mind. I think fincher could do it, but it might come across noticably darker then atwood desired. Anyways, it was a fantastic novel and i would love to see a movie adaptioon.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          wats the hardest scene for you to sit through in a movie?
          Honestly, I cannot think of a movie that made me sick from watching it. Unless you count all the 2girls1cup crap that everyone (sarf) in the IRC shares with us.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• just finished fight club and threw in any given sunday...i forgot how many great actors were in this movie. not to mention great director. and camerno diaz :)

and i still listen to the peace with inches speech before every football game i play. Nothing pumps me up like that speech.
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Nothing really effects me when i watch scenes in moves. Of course rape scenes can be at times very graphic and disturbing (that should effect everyone, imo) but, in the case of say horror movies/torture movies...nothing gets me. Hostel was just stupid, imo and i cant take the Saw movies seriously. I'd say the guys from Jackass probably have a better chance of grossing me out than any movie could.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Nothing really effects me when i watch scenes in moves. Of course rape scenes can be at times very graphic and disturbing (that should effect everyone, imo) but, in the case of say horror movies/torture movies...nothing gets me. Hostel was just stupid, imo and i cant take the Saw movies seriously. I'd say the guys from Jackass probably have a better chance of grossing me out than any movie could.
                the rape scene in the first Hills Have Eyes movie was pretty graphic...haven't seen irreversible though...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                  the rape scene in the first Hills Have Eyes movie was pretty graphic...haven't seen irreversible though...
                  Meh... didn't think it was cringe bad.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• I usually skip the scenes in AHX where Norton character gets raped in the shower and the basement scene in Pulp Fiction. not cool.

Comment

• The only scene that really bothers me is Jared Leto's arm in Requiem.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• The Passion of the Christ got me pretty bad.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• hey brodeur, i have a sick joker sig that i made that you can have if u like. its a little better then the one you are repping now. PM me if u want it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            I usually skip the scenes in AHX where Norton character gets raped in the shower and the basement scene in Pulp Fiction. not cool.
                            A little man-on-man rape action usually brings everyone together. At least it did Pulp Fiction...

Comment

• Watchin American History X. This movie is brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                                Watchin American History X. This movie is brutal.
                                i hope you mean brutally violent, and not burtally made. or there will be a neg rep rape commencing very very soon. ed norton is the ****

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information