No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very solid year for cinema I would say. Its not often you get P.T. Anderson, Wes Anderson, Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriquez, the Coens, Danny Boyle, Judd Apatow, Tim Burton, and David Fincher releasing movies in the same year.

I understand why someone can like No Country For Old Men better then Blood but in all my years watching movies no film has made me sit there jaw agap and then just sitting still and not talking throughtout the credits like There Will Be Blood did. I knew coming out of the film I had just viewed something special, a film that will be remember years from now as one of the greats. While I loved No Country and it was my second favorite in a very strong year for cinema I think it speaks volumes about how much I loved Blood because I don't need to think about which I liked more for even a second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      Very solid year for cinema I would say. Its not often you get P.T. Anderson, Wes Anderson, Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriquez, the Coens, Danny Boyle, Judd Apatow, Tim Burton, and David Fincher releasing movies in the same year.

I understand why someone can like No Country For Old Men better then Blood but in all my years watching movies no film has made me sit there jaw agap and then just sitting still and not talking throughtout the credits like There Will Be Blood did. I knew coming out of the film I had just viewed something special, a film that will be remember years from now as one of the greats. While I loved No Country and it was my second favorite in a very strong year for cinema I think it speaks volumes about how much I loved Blood because I don't need to think about which I liked more for even a second.
      Well said.

I'm REALLY glad I saw both in theaters. Nothing like that experience.

Comment

• I think it was close...I saw NCFOM first and then I saw TWBB...I absolutely loved NCFOM because of it's articulation in the direction it was going, meaning it had a goal to accomplish and that was to make the viewer think. It succeeded.

TWBB was an extremely deep movie with very complex characters and one of the most complex characters I've ever seen, in Daniel Plainview, played by Daniel Day-Lewis. Everything he touches is gold, IMO. The battle between Daniel Plainview and Eli is one of the best character rivalries I've ever seen in a movie and half of said tension was not even spoken. The way Daniel looked at Eli, the way Eli envied Daniel...truly a masterpiece.

It's close but TWBB was the better movie.

Comment

• No country actually had blood
          Danel Day-Lewis beat a guy with a pin

hmmmmm to close to call, I liked both. If i had to pick it would be No country becuase I like action movies and fighting and stuff it this was pretty close.

Comment

• NCFOM & TWBB were both GREAT movies, i give a small edge to No Country

Comment

• Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
              NCFOM & TWBB were both GREAT movies, i give a small edge to No Country
              because it took place in Texas

Comment

• Marfa, TX both actually.

TWBB for me also and it's not close at all

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Watching The Mist now.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                    Watching The Mist now.

Such suprisingly good movie. The ending is incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      Such suprisingly good movie. The ending is incredible.
                      I'm only watching it because I "borrowed" it and my friend said he was watching it. And then I got an IM from him that was just "boooooooo" and I knew it probably had to do with the ending.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• If by booooooooooo he meant this ending kicks the **** out of almost every other ending. It's a big **** you to the audience and it is awesome.

Comment

• I'm at the part where they are in the back with the generator. When the skin got ripped off it reminded me of Carl with the Trees in the forest during ATHF.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                            I'm at the part where they are in the back with the generator. When the skin got ripped off it reminded me of Carl with the Trees in the forest during ATHF.
                            lol at the Shermanator bashing his head on the loading door.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              lol at the Shermanator bashing his head on the loading door.
                              That was AWESOME too.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• i wanna see this movie now...ive heard nothing but good. And apparently the ending is spectacular, but i heard its pretty depressing as well.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information