No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't wait until the fall/winter when the good movies come out...Most of the movies released during the summer are garbage

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Phillip Seymour Hoffman is one of the great actors today...it seems that everything he does is brilliant....

Watched Charlie Wilson's War earlier today...he was excellent...not a bad movie either...

I also have the Savages to watch...have heard nothing but great things about it...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
        Phillip Seymour Hoffman is one of the great actors today...it seems that everything he does is brilliant....

Watched Charlie Wilson's War earlier today...he was excellent...not a bad movie either...

I also have the Savages to watch...have heard nothing but great things about it...
        He was great in all three of Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, The Savages, and Charlie Wilsons War. I really think he could have been nominated for all three, he is that good.

Comment

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is one of the great actors today...it seems that everything he does is brilliant....

Just today?

How about of the last decade?! At least.......

Brandt made laughs in The Big Lebowski
          Phil Parma touched hearts in Magnolia
          He even made Along Came Polly good.

A ton of pre-Capote roles for Hoffman that one should watch. A ton of even Pre-Mahowny roles of Hoffman's people should watch.

One of the best, rising actors of the 90's and probably top 5 today

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
            He was great in all three of Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, The Savages, and Charlie Wilsons War. I really think he could have been nominated for all three, he is that good.
            He should have been nominated for best actor for BTDKYD and best supporting actor for CWW (which he was)...

question for you....

who was better:
            Phillip Seymour Hoffman in CWW
            or
            Javier Bardem in NCFOM

?

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
              Just today?

A ton of pre-Capote roles for Hoffman that one should watch. A ton of even Pre-Mahowny roles of Hoffman's people should watch.

Him playing basketball was pretty much th only good part of Along Came Polly. God it was a bad movie but he was so damn funny. I have been on his nuts ever since he stole the show in Boogie Nights. There are so many ******* great performances in that movie but he steals every scene he is in.

Comment

Just today?

by today I meant of active actors...

but I totally agree with you...

he's been amazing in everything he's done....I mean he was hilarious in Cold Mountain as the constipated reverend...

it's amazing to see how many movies he has been in before he really got his due...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                  Him playing basketball was pretty much th only good part of Along Came Polly. God it was a bad movie but he was so damn funny. I have been on his nuts ever since he stole the show in Boogie Nights. There are so many ******* great performances in that movie but he steals every scene he is in.
                  Scotty J for me goes down under best roles of all time

And Jag, for me Bardem. But as Andy in BTDKYD, yes, he beats the unbeatable Chigurh

Comment

Scotty J for me goes down under best roles of all time

And Jag, for me Bardem. But as Andy in BTDKYD, yes, he beats the unbeatable Chigurh
                    should he have been nominated for that role instead of his role in CWW?

Comment

should he have been nominated for that role instead of his role in CWW?
                      Most definitely. But of course I loved BTDKYD

Comment

Most definitely. But of course I loved BTDKYD
                        Have you seen Empire Falls...

if so, how is it?

Comment

Have you seen Empire Falls...

if so, how is it?
                          i saw it when it came out on HBO. I don't remember much of it, except absolutely loving Ed Harris in it

Comment

i saw it when it came out on HBO. I don't remember much of it, except absolutely loving Ed Harris in it
                            so it's worth the look?

Comment

so it's worth the look?
                              Yeah, it's worth a rental

Comment

• PSH was also good as Lester Bangs in Almost Famous.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information