Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    this is not actor discussion thread its movie. I am about to watch boogie nights hope it doesn't suck
    well in case you didnt notice...there are actors in movies...i think its a perfectly suitable discussion.

and boogie nights rocks
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Boogie Nights is ******* genious.

Foster ******* rocked in Alpha Dog. He out acted Hirsch and just may be Hirsche's best performance. He is not creepy in 3:10 to Yuma I would argue. I wrote a paper on that movie and went into great detail about Ben Foster and the father/son relationship he has with Crowe. I will give you Hostage and 30 Days but that is only two movies. He is one of the best parts of Six Feet Under and it is one of my favorite shows of all time. Ben Foster plays a ****** in Freaks and Geeks perfectly. He has been probably the best guest star yet on My Name is Earl. He has done a hole lot of smaller roles in smaller movies and he is brilliant in them all. I just think he is the best because I am blown away by how awesome he is every time I watch him. Ten Years from now he will be one of the greats, he is like Sean Penn but better. A young Marlon Brando I can also see, though I doubt anyone will ever be as great as Brando and at Foster's age Brando was already at the top pf his game.

Comment

• Never go to Wikipedia looking for comic book characters. Not only does reading a profile take a hour, but then you go into all of the other characters intiside that profile and end up feeling really geeky and having accomplished nothing.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          Never go to Wikipedia looking for comic book characters. Not only does reading a profile take a hour, but then you go into all of the other characters intiside that profile and end up feeling really geeky and having accomplished nothing.
          lol go to marvel.com...unless of course u were looking for a DC character...or an indy character...hell, just PM me, and ill send u a detailed report on the character you wanted...i did a 10 page report on comic books this year ahaha, and did very very well.

yeah, that sounded geeky...oh well, you guys wont judge me right?
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Never go to Wikipedia looking for comic book characters. Not only does reading a profile take a hour, but then you go into all of the other characters intiside that profile and end up feeling really geeky and having accomplished nothing.
            Yeah, that happened to me when I was reading about Deadpool...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
              Yeah, that happened to me when I was reading about Deadpool...
              Lol same thing. I went on and went through him for a while, then AJax, TRay, Daken, and others. Took forever lol.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Lol same thing. I went on and went through him for a while, then AJax, TRay, Daken, and others. Took forever lol.
                deadpool kicks ***...best comic book character ever invented. without doubt my personal fave...reynolds is guna blow it up as wade wilson.

Comment

• new hulk trailer out toda.y...looks liek they made the same damn mistake ang lee did, the hulk just looks too CGI for my liking...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/univer...ulk/large.html

Comment

• I don't see anyway around CGI for the Hulk...I mean, he was a big green monster...IMO, he looks better than he did in the first Hulk, so I guess that's a plus...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                      I don't see anyway around CGI for the Hulk...I mean, he was a big green monster...IMO, he looks better than he did in the first Hulk, so I guess that's a plus...
                      i know, but come on, look at the things they pull off these days...they should be able to make him look a little more real then that...it just looks cartoony to me like this...ugh, i gues sim just picky

Comment

• I am NOT seeing Ironman this weekend.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Dude, he's a huge big green guy that can bench thousands of lbs and stands what, 8 or 9 feet tall. You have to go CGI unless you do the same thing with "The Thing" that they did with FF4 and put him in a suit of some kind.

I think this Hulk looks more like the comic book than Ang's did, although I liked the first one personally. The Hulk movies for right now will look a tad fake but there's really no other way around it IMO. And I think a suit would be kinda ***.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                            I am NOT seeing Ironman this weekend.
                            wat is wrong with you man!??!?!?!?! im going opening night, its gunna be AMAZING! i have heard nothing bad about it so far. apparently though, you gotta stay after the credits, cause thats when nick fury makes his appearance...so for all you who are going to see it, dont bail out too early

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              i know, but come on, look at the things they pull off these days...they should be able to make him look a little more real then that...it just looks cartoony to me like this...ugh, i gues sim just picky
                              Look at what? He's a fictional character and a big green monster. For what they wanted to do, CGI was the best way to go and it looks fine.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                                I am NOT seeing Ironman this weekend.
                                Any reason? It's getting awesome reviews so far. Favreau doesn't do bad movies. Elf, Made, Swingers (wrote it), and Zathura are all very well done IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information