Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    umm okay, see the movie.
    I could, but I'm sure I wouldn't be concentrated on seeing how big a guys dik is.

Not sure why you responded that way. The way he said it just sounded funny.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      I could, but I'm sure I wouldn't be concentrated on seeing how big a guys dik is.

Not sure why you responded that way. The way he said it just sounded funny.
      Its a favorite movie of mine, I'm very defensive to haters

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• just saw iron man...one of the best movies ive seen in a long time. A terrific adaption, stayed very close to the source material except for the end (i wont ruin it, but its a bit of a shocker for fans of teh comic). Overall, fantastic. Jon Favreau should direct any and all further comic book adaptions, especially an avengers movie, if one is actaully done. just some thoughts...

-Ive always been a fan, but this is by far RDJ's greatest achievment. He was PERFECT in the role, and i honestly cant even imagine anyone doing nearly as well as he did. He was utterly flawless. As someone who has been reading comics for years, its about time a great casting was made. (Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock? Come on.)

-Like i said above, Jon Favreau should direct any and all furhter adaptions from marvel. This movie was fantastically directed, visually stunning, and very very very well written. I was thouroughly impressed. Did anyone else notice Favreau is acutally IN the movie? hes starks main bodyguard...director cameo!

-Gwenyth Paltrow, while a bit dull, is a straight up FOX! wow...so sexy lol. Im not a fan of the gingers usually, but she was super sexy as Pepper Potts.

-I loved Jeff Bridges, he was perfect in the role

Overall, id give it 4.5/5. It was a fantastic film, and im really happy that they didnt mess it up, seeing as Iron Man was my favourite solo title (other then deadpool's short lived series)

and definately stay after the credits, fans of comics wont be disappointed with who makes an appearance
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Iron Man wasn't a letdown for me because I didn't expect anything special but I would not call it an incredible movie. I never usually find movies long but this one seemed to drag out. No doubt there was some great action and Robert Downey Jr. was great but that is about it. I left the theatre thinking the cameo after the credits was the best part and that lasted all of 10 seconds. It was a decent popcorn flick and I generally hate those. As of now I give it a 6.5/10.

Comment

• I just saw "American Gangster" today.. Meh!

Comment

• I've got three hours to kill til i've gotta leave for my final, Fight Club or Mulholland Drive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                I just saw "American Gangster" today.. Meh!
                That movie almost made me want to kill cops as much as Blow.

Comment

• My first reaction is that American Gangster was way overhyped.. mainly just for being a gangster movie. I didn't like the casting.. Denzel seemed bored with the part. The movie was boring to me, and it left quite a few loose ends open. It could've been a lot better.
                  Last edited by WMD; 05-03-2008, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• well i really liked iron man gonzo...but then again, im a huge fan of the source material and im glad they didnt mess it up.

in other superhero news has anyone seen the hancock trailer yet? looks pretty decent/funny, ill probbaly end up seeing it in theatres im a big will smith fan.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809801452/video/7633208
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Every time Rounders was on Encore I always caught the last 30 minutes. So I said Eff it and I bought it for 7.50. Finally saw all of it and I loved it. As a card player it was a great movie.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall was one of Jude's best.

40 Year Old Virgin
                      Forgetting Sarah Marshall
                      Superbad
                      Knocked Up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                        Every time Rounders was on Encore I always caught the last 30 minutes. So I said Eff it and I bought it for 7.50. Finally saw all of it and I loved it. As a card player it was a great movie.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall was one of Jude's best.

40 Year Old Virgin
                        Forgetting Sarah Marshall
                        Superbad
                        Knocked Up.
                        Apatow only made 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up out of all of those. The others he just produced.

Comment

• It's online ladies and gents....I got to Ironman late so I didn't catch the TDK trailer, but that's ok...Heath Ledger is just amazing. I'm trying to place the actor with the character and I just don't see it, and that's the really cool part.

http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                            It's online ladies and gents....I got to Ironman late so I didn't catch the TDK trailer, but that's ok...Heath Ledger is just amazing. I'm trying to place the actor with the character and I just don't see it, and that's the really cool part.

http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm
                            That he definitely is. I really think he could have become one of the great actors of his generation. He has shown flashes of brilliance in movies like Brokeback and Two hand. It just sucks that he didn't get to fulfill his potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                              Iron Man wasn't a letdown for me because I didn't expect anything special but I would not call it an incredible movie. I never usually find movies long but this one seemed to drag out. No doubt there was some great action and Robert Downey Jr. was great but that is about it. I left the theatre thinking the cameo after the credits was the best part and that lasted all of 10 seconds. It was a decent popcorn flick and I generally hate those. As of now I give it a 6.5/10.
                              Popcorn flick? Hmm...I'd say movies like Van Helsing are popcorn flicks, all special effects and action but little to no dialogue, plot, or writing. Ironman was extremely well written, the plot follows the comics which is still a very good series today, and the dialog and interaction between the characters was great.

Then you add in great special effects, a kick ass suit, some very pretty females, and some sweet action and you've got yourself more than a popcorn flick.

Then again it seems to me you're not much of a fan of comic book movies if you didn't like this one. My boss is a huge critic of movies, especially comic book ones because he read them all the time as a kid (he's a huge Batman film as well) and he thought Ironman was on par with BB and Spiderman, which is saying something.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I would not say that I am not a fan of comic book movies but I am very hard on them. I tried not to get hyped up about the movie to much and I was still a little let down. I felt that every character was just bland except for Downey. No doubt he was incredible, though to call it his best role is insane, but I could not help but feel like the movie could have been so much better. Favreau has said himself in interviews on the film that the first movies in comic book franchises is always like watched two films, an origin story and an another action story and I felt the film suffered because of that. Like I said, I rarely feel a movie is too long but I felt it in this one. This is just my first viewing though. I will probably check it out again in a couple years just to see of I still feel this way about it. Despite all of this I am very exceited for future films in the franchise. Just like Chris Nolan for Batman I think Jon Favreau was a brilliant choice to direct this series I think he will do some great things with the sequels. I have heard in one of the next couple Ironman's they will focus on how Stark becomes an alchoholic which should be awesome. I also happen to think that the Avengers movie will be pretty great and everyone should like out for Stark's return in The Hulk much like a certain other character shows up at the end of Ironman

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information