No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone who like's movies such as Blow, or movies that deal with international drug trade in general, i've found a very interesting documentary called Cocaine Cowboys.

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=42784

It deals with the beginning of the Cocaine trade in Miami with the Cubans and the Columbians and it has a bunch of the real dealers and real stories.

One story that is pretty good in it is one of the dealers say's that two days before the 1975 Superbowl the whole Pittsburgh Steelers O-Line is at his house doing lines and partying. Just goes to show the extent cocaine effected the US when it was first introduced.

stephenson86

Comment

• Originally posted by JF4 View Post
      For anyone who like's movies such as Blow, or movies that deal with international drug trade in general, i've found a very interesting documentary called Cocaine Cowboys.

It deals with the beginning of the Cocaine trade in Miami with the Cubans and the Columbians and it has a bunch of the real dealers and real stories.

One story that is pretty good in it is one of the dealers say's that two days before the 1975 Superbowl the whole Pittsburgh Steelers O-Line is at his house doing lines and partying. Just goes to show the extent cocaine effected the US when it was first introduced.
      I wish they'd actually make a movie like Medellin like they do in Entourage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zB7OTtNZvFg&feature=related

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      Apatow only made 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up out of all of those. The others he just produced.
      Well I'd consider a movie he produced his film because he's backing it with his money and you have to be crazy to think Jude isn't involved in the film in any sort of way.
      Last edited by Hwoarang; 05-04-2008, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF4 View Post
        For anyone who like's movies such as Blow, or movies that deal with international drug trade in general, i've found a very interesting documentary called Cocaine Cowboys.

could of swore that was the documentary about Michael Irvin.....

ZIIIINNNNGGG!

Comment

• What is the scariest movie you people have ever seen...(preferably with not too much gore)???

Thanks yall! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
            What is the scariest movie you people have ever seen...(preferably with not too much gore)???

Poltergeist, Children of The Corn, and It.

I was quite young when I saw those 3, but they scared the **** out of me back then.

stephenson86

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
              What is the scariest movie you people have ever seen...(preferably with not too much gore)???

yah, when i was a kid, IT was super scary...hmmm i dunno like, recent movies that scare me? i think the most devastating movie i have ever seen is the butterfly effect...i loved it, but it scared me ****less for some reason. I dunno why
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                I would not say that I am not a fan of comic book movies but I am very hard on them. I tried not to get hyped up about the movie to much and I was still a little let down. I felt that every character was just bland except for Downey. No doubt he was incredible, though to call it his best role is insane, but I could not help but feel like the movie could have been so much better. Favreau has said himself in interviews on the film that the first movies in comic book franchises is always like watched two films, an origin story and an another action story and I felt the film suffered because of that. Like I said, I rarely feel a movie is too long but I felt it in this one. This is just my first viewing though. I will probably check it out again in a couple years just to see of I still feel this way about it. Despite all of this I am very exceited for future films in the franchise. Just like Chris Nolan for Batman I think Jon Favreau was a brilliant choice to direct this series I think he will do some great things with the sequels. I have heard in one of the next couple Ironman's they will focus on how Stark becomes an alchoholic which should be awesome. I also happen to think that the Avengers movie will be pretty great and everyone should like out for Stark's return in The Hulk much like a certain other character shows up at the end of Ironman
                Well Pepper was always kind of bland in the comic books and Paltrow was pretty spot no with her performance. She played the do it all assistant that didn't want to be seen in the limelight, who had feelings for her boss but didn't want to be seen with him. Bridges was a pretty damn good heel in this movie, turned from a "nice guy" to a power hungry villain. Howard I'll agree that he was kind of bland and I would have liked to have seen a bigger role for him but that was my only complaint.

Like I said, it seems as if you're not a big fan of Ironman and the comic book because this was a pretty spot on adaptation to them on the big screen.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Jakey, I'm more for a good psychological thriller. You can't go wrong with The Shining or any other Kubrick. Also The Mist was very good.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                    Well Pepper was always kind of bland in the comic books and Paltrow was pretty spot no with her performance. She played the do it all assistant that didn't want to be seen in the limelight, who had feelings for her boss but didn't want to be seen with him. Bridges was a pretty damn good heel in this movie, turned from a "nice guy" to a power hungry villain. Howard I'll agree that he was kind of bland and I would have liked to have seen a bigger role for him but that was my only complaint.

Like I said, it seems as if you're not a big fan of Ironman and the comic book because this was a pretty spot on adaptation to them on the big screen.

i loved bridges in the role, i thought he was perfect...he was very much like the obadiah stane from the iron man comics. and as you said, paltrow was very good as pepper potts...although i read on imdb that rachel mcadams was favreau's first choice for potts, but she turned down the role. i hoenstly think she may have looked and sounded too young as pepper potts, im glad that they went with paltrow. i couldnt agree more this was a spot on adaption.

just popped in cloverfield, ive never seen it before, im pretty excited about it
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• IT was the ultimate non gory scary movie...but I'm going to go with the Clock Work Orange...that was just f'd up....

Comment

• just finished cloverfield...and let me say a few things.

1. i wasnt a huge fan- for all the hype it generated, i felt a little unsatisfied by the movie overall. I dont really know why, and i honestly believe that was teh intention of the filmmakers, but when it was over, i just felt like there should have been something else seen, heard, done, etc.

2. The monster was not as cool as i imagined it would be. But i think thats in keeping with the realistic tone that abrams was tring to set, he created a monster that was more likely to exist then something like godzilla

3. The camera motion was disorienting, but effective. Not much more ot say tehre, other then it gave me a headache at first but i got used to it. it accomplished what it was supposed to.

4. im not going to lie, i wanted a clear view of the monster. while effective, i just hate/love the way i didnt get a clear view of the monster. I think that if I Am Legend had done the same thing, then it would have been a much better movie.

overall, it wasnt bad, but definately not as good as i expected it to be.

Comment

• I loved Cloverfield. Maybe it was the theatre that made it seem so epic, but I loved it.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• saw ironman, it was quite entertaining, love the nick fury appearance after the credits, real cliffhanger there.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              saw ironman, it was quite entertaining, love the nick fury appearance after the credits, real cliffhanger there.
                              It's called a spoiler. Sometimes you warn people...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• I got American Hardcore a while back and burned it but never watched it until today and as a fan of several of the bands in it, I was really interested by the stories behind it all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...ore_%28film%29

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information