No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, it's just a quick cameo, but the fact that they'll have Tony Stark with Downey Jr. playing him is cool. Marvel finally is doing independent releases for super hero movies now which allows them to do things like this without having to get permission from say Fox for example.

Comment

• im excited about all this marvel business...its good that they purchased the rights back from FOX, at least now they can make their own movies about their original characters.

bought minority report today for 10 bucks...love that movie. Probably one of the last GOOD movies tom cruise did. very very good sci fi thriller. Also bought shanghai noon for 5 bucks cause i got a deal on minority report if i did, but certainly not complaining. I really liked shanghai noon, certainly not an oscar winner, but a good buddy buddy comedy.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        im excited about all this marvel business...its good that they purchased the rights back from FOX, at least now they can make their own movies about their original characters.

bought minority report today for 10 bucks...love that movie. Probably one of the last GOOD movies tom cruise did. very very good sci fi thriller. Also bought shanghai noon for 5 bucks cause i got a deal on minority report if i did, but certainly not complaining. I really liked shanghai noon, certainly not an oscar winner, but a good buddy buddy comedy.
        Minority Report is the only good movie involving Colin Farrell.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
          yeah, it's just a quick cameo, but the fact that they'll have Tony Stark with Downey Jr. playing him is cool. Marvel finally is doing independent releases for super hero movies now which allows them to do things like this without having to get permission from say Fox for example.
          well, Iron Man was Marvel Studios first movie....and the fact that they already have films lined up makes me believe that the comic book movie will not go away any time soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            Minority Report is the only good movie involving Colin Farrell.
            Perhaps you've never seen A Home At The End of The World or In Bruges?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
              Perhaps you've never seen A Home At The End of The World or In Bruges?
              I heard In Bruges was an excellent movie....

Comment

• OK! here it is...the great debate. who should play the following superheroes? i want everyones opinions...these movies have been confirmed, so keep in mind the avengers movie is coming out...

Captain America: My top choices for the Cap would be...

Scott Caan

an impressive young actor, scott has the look, the build, and the overall feel of captain america. yes, hes a little on the short side, but if they can make tom cruise look tall, they can make anyone look tall. Hes a young actor, maybe a little too young, but i think hed be a great choice. with the film most likely to spawn sequels, and captain america to be involved in The Avengers movie of 2009 along with Iron Man, the Hulk, and Thor, they need someone who wont have any crazy scheduling conflicts as well. Caan would be a good choice.

Tom Jane

yes, he already was Frank castle, but he has been replaced and TBH, the punisher is no where near the role captain america would be. A great opportunity for jane, and i think hed be AWESOME as captain america. His age better coordinates with the ages of downey and norton, and i honestly think this is the man who needs to play captain america in the movies.

Thor- This is a little trickier, i mean, how many guys out there look like Norse Gods? my top choices for thor would be...but as im reading now, apparently its alraedy been cast, with kevin mckidd in the lead role as thor. nvm. or at least thats whats being rumoured.

who do you guys think should play captain america?
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I agree with Caan. Ray Winstone can play Thor. I mean they transformed him from the Departed's Mr. French to Beowulf.

Comment

• Scott Caan's best movie...

:D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• I think Gerald Butler would be a good candidate for Thor....

on Captain America, Thomas Jane makes sense but here are some relative unknowns...

Mark Valley- mainly a tv actor but he's poised for a break out role, could be it...

George Eads- from CSI, also a strictly tv actor...

and my sleeper pick...

Ryan Gosling...lol...but seriously it may be an ok choice...he's a great actor, he could beef up....

Jensen Ackles....another TV star

Comment

• Captain America is Ben Foster.

I also think Tommy Jane would kick ass as the Captain.

Comment

• Hancock is going to be a great movie for real.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                          Originally posted by fenikz
                          we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                            Hancock is going to be a great movie for real.
                            I sincerely hope you are kidding.....

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                              I sincerely hope you are kidding.....
                              It looks as if it deserves a rent.

Comment

• Hancock would have to be ten times as good as I Am Legend to be considered a decent movie. I Am Legend was horrible and Hancock looks horrible too, though it does have Jason Bateman who will steal the show.

I saw Harold and Kumar 2 yesterday. I thought the first half was pretty good but the last half, starting when they go to the Brothel, was horrendous and I did not laugh once. I think the film benifited big time for me because I saw it with a good audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information