Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
    it was a prequel to pitch black....I believe....
    Actually, the young girl in Pitch Black is supposed to be the grown up hottie from Chronicles of Riddick, making it a sequel. Either way, Pitch Black is easily the better film.

So apparently Darren Aronofsky's next project is about a retired professional wrestler as played by Mickey Rourke. Interesting, to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      I've actually never seen it. I was beginning to watch it, but The Celtics at Cavaliers game came on, and I am a Cavs fan.
      When you get the chance, try to rent it. I highly recommend it.

Comment

• Top 5 Favorite Actors:
        Robert DeNiro- Taxi Driver
        Al Pacino- Serpico
        Jimmy Stewart- Harvey
        Gene Wilder- Young Frankenstein
        Jack Nicholson- The Shining

Comment

• saving private ryan is a MUST watch for any war movie lover or american imo. it depicts the events so well and the acting, plot, and everything is just so good. spr and the band of brothers are orgasmic to the 189234 power.

Comment

• My list:

Al Pacino - "Scarface"
            Tom Hanks - "Saving Private Ryan"
            Jim Carey - "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective"
            Ed Harris - "The Rock"
            Jeremy Irons - "The Lion King"

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
              saving private ryan is a MUST watch for any war movie lover or american imo. it depicts the events so well and the acting, plot, and everything is just so good. spr and the band of brothers are orgasmic to the 189234 power.
              actual band of brothers depicts events really well. Private ryan is a good war movie but it is actually historically false, some of the crap or a lot of it nvr happened. My old high history teacher hated the movie he like the action and stuff but because it wasn't historically accurate he hated it.

Comment

• Daniel Day Lewis- In the Name of the Father
                Kevin Spacey- American Beauty
                Marlon Brando- On the Waterfront
                Morgan Freeman- Se7en/Shawshank Redemption
                Jimmy Stewart- Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Just got done with Across the Universe, and I have to say that it really really sucked. God what a massive mess.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I just watched Puddle Cruiser the first Broken Lizard film and it was a LOT better than I expected it to be. Everyone made it out to be crap but I really enjoyed it. Bout to watch Grandma's Boy right now.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Just saw Iron Man, and I'm with the masses in saying that it was totally awesome.

Comment

• Well, so far this weekend I've seen: Mystic River, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and Twelve Monkeys. That's a pretty damn good weekend if you ask me. Out of the three, Mystic River was probably my favorite.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          Just got done with Across the Universe, and I have to say that it really really sucked. God what a massive mess.
                          It actually made me hate some of my favorite Beatles songs. The amount of filters and pitch correctors the vocals are sent through makes it sound like Mickey Mouse is singing.

Comment

• Gunna watch The Prestige right now...i absolutely love that movie. Nolan is a genius, i love the workings of real life men like Tesla into the ficitonal universe he creates...not to mention, the storyline and the way its told is fantastic. And it has scarlett...its pretty close to having everything a good movie should have! it leaves so much up for discussion, its a very ambiguous movie. very good overall though
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              It actually made me hate some of my favorite Beatles songs. The amount of filters and pitch correctors the vocals are sent through makes it sound like Mickey Mouse is singing.
                              As a child of Beatle-maniacs, "All You Need is Love" was the only song in the movie I liked how it was composed. But the story and etc, I thought, was rather crappy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                Gunna watch The Prestige right now...i absolutely love that movie. Nolan is a genius, i love the workings of real life men like Tesla into the ficitonal universe he creates...not to mention, the storyline and the way its told is fantastic. And it has scarlett...its pretty close to having everything a good movie should have! it leaves so much up for discussion, its a very ambiguous movie. very good overall though
                                The second time you see it it all seems so obvious, what is going to happen that is.
                                Virginia Tech.
                                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information