Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    russelle crowe= amazing. I watched 3:10 to Yuma tonight, and even though Gonzo will disagree, crowe was amazing in that movie, and the best actor in it
    I was told Ben Foster stole the movie. I have yet to see it though.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
      I was told Ben Foster stole the movie. I have yet to see it though.
      No dude, he ******* owned



      <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

      Comment


      • he is good no doubt...but he is not nearly as good as crowe, and i would argue bale puts on a better performance as well...foster plays teh exact same role he plays in every movie, the uber creepy guy...that said, he plays it quite well
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          he is good no doubt...but he is not nearly as good as crowe, and i would argue bale puts on a better performance as well...foster plays teh exact same role he plays in every movie, the uber creepy guy...that said, he plays it quite well
          Umm not sure where you get that.

          Only other creepy guy I got was in 30 Days of Night.

          Comment


          • i retract that, not in EVERY movie...thats an exaggeration. It didnt surprise me to see ben foster in that role, because we have seen him in that role before. His acting was good, yes, and he did turn a rather small role into a memorable one, but i wouldnt say he was the best thing about the movie
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              exactly...your way off on depp. Maybe if you are 10 years old you see him as jack sparrow, but johnny depp is a much deeper actor then disney can ever offer. Edward Scissorhands? Finding Neverland? Sweeney Todd? Whats Eating gilbert Grape? come on man...depp is not just jack sparrow. And no, i dont think he would take the role of iron man. Depp is notorious for refusing big money studios and big money roles, preferring to do smaller and deeper roles. I dont think he would want anything to do with the Iron Man franchise...nice try though
              You cant be serious that if you were to ask 100 people what movie they most recognize Johnny Depp that they would say Sweeney Todd? Here you are saying that he wouldnt fit the role but he is probably one of the most versatile actors out there. I dont think many peole could pull off Charlie and the Chocolate factor and also be Jack Sparrow and Edward scissorhands. He refuses big name studios? Lets see Edward Scissorhands was by 20th Century Fox. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride was Warner Bros. Your Finding Neverland movie was by Miramax. I am not exactly getting your argument. Oh yeah, Sweeney Todd was by Dreamworks. Not to mention that At Worlds End was produced by Jerry Bruckheimer Films. Am I missing something or are these somehow small companies?...nice try to you too.
              Last edited by jayceheathman; 05-15-2008, 11:36 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                You cant be serious that if you were to ask 100 people what movie they most recognize Johnny Depp that they would say Sweeney Todd? Here you are saying that he wouldnt fit the role but he is probably one of the most versatile actors out there. I dont think many peole could pull off Charlie and the Chocolate factor and also be Jack Sparrow and Edward scissorhands. He refuses big name studios? Lets see Edward Scissorhands was by 20th Century Fox. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride was Warner Bros. Your Finding Neverland movie was by Miramax. I am not exactly getting your argument. Oh yeah, Sweeney Todd was by Dreamworks. Am I missing something or are these somehow small companies?...nice try to you too.
                i never said anything about those being his most recognizable roles...i said if you werent a 10 year old, those should be the roles you should remember him for. And also, yes he is versatile, but TBH, he isnt Iron Man. And im sorry for naming studios...his past suggests that depp prefers smaller,deeper roles then the big name hollywood blockbuster. Can you really see him as Iron Man? cause i certainly cant, and i think that 99% of all teh poster on here agree with me. Just because Depp is a big name, doesnt mean he has to do those big movies. case in point, it wouldnt work.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                Comment


                • I haven't sen Ironman yet, just because I don't care much for Super Hero movies, but I've heard nothing but high praise and and rave reviews from fans and critics for RDJ. This is probably the first time I've heard anyone say a bad word about him.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    i never said anything about those being his most recognizable roles...i said if you werent a 10 year old, those should be the roles you should remember him for. And also, yes he is versatile, but TBH, he isnt Iron Man. And im sorry for naming studios...his past suggests that depp prefers smaller,deeper roles then the big name hollywood blockbuster. Can you really see him as Iron Man? cause i certainly cant, and i think that 99% of all teh poster on here agree with me. Just because Depp is a big name, doesnt mean he has to do those big movies. case in point, it wouldnt work.
                    What does being 10 have to do with it though? Did you see any of the 3 Pirates movies and think Depp did a good job? I bet most of the posters have seen all 3 of them. Those were by far his 3 most grossing movies he has been apart of. I dont know if I could see him being an engineer like RDJ was in Iron Man but I also didnt think he could pull off Charlie and the Chocolate Factory either and he proved me wrong big time. Sure, just because he is a big name doesnt mean he has to stick to big movies but it also doesnt mean he has to stick to the independent films either.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                      What does being 10 have to do with it though? Did you see any of the 3 Pirates movies and think Depp did a good job? I bet most of the posters have seen all 3 of them. Those were by far his 3 most grossing movies he has been apart of. I dont know if I could see him being an engineer like RDJ was in Iron Man but I also didnt think he could pull off Charlie and the Chocolate Factory either and he proved me wrong big time. Sure, just because he is a big name doesnt mean he has to stick to big movies but it also doesnt mean he has to stick to the independent films either.
                      Okay one, Depp has been one of the best actors of his generation for a long time now so if you did not think he could pull of some of these roles you are not paying attention.

                      Two, I highly doubt Iron Man would have made any more money even if Depp had miraculously agreed to do the film and he would have probably asked for about 20 million more then Downey made plus profit sharing.

                      Three I do not understand your logic, you say you wanted Depp to do Iron Man so he is not just recognized for Pirates anymore. If it really bothered him that much I do not see why he would want to be associated with another flamboyant drunk. It just seems redundant to me.

                      Four your argument saying he does not refuse big studio projects sucks. All but one of the movies you listed was directed by Tim Burton and the man will do anything directed by Tim Burton. I would not make the argument that he refuses big budget studies but I would argue that he is far more concerned with being known as one of actngs all time greats then being in blockbusters, so he will choose roles that let him act. You forget, he wasn't really hugely famous before Pirates and now he can do whatever film role he so chooses and get paid quite a but doing so.

                      Five, I do agree that Depp would have been good as Stark but I cannot see him being that much better then RDJ and I would much rather see him act in more risky roles. Depp is very much a family man now so he is not acting often and is very picky. I would much rather see him in something were he has the potential to be great then a comic book movie were he could be very good. No offense to comic book movies but I just think Depp is of more use elsewhere.

                      Finally please do not make arguments and say people should do this or that for the movie going public. 99 percent of people who go to the movies are idiots and I could care less about what they think. I do not want great actors to start catering to the audience and only choosing roles that will endear them to the public because it is then that we stop getting movies like There Will Be Blood and getting Pirates of The Caribean 7: Sparrow Returns. When I heard RDJ was cast I knew it was a brilliant choice because he needs something like this to break out, Depp doesn't, that and he is a brilliant actor, much like Depp.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                        Okay one, Depp has been one of the best actors of his generation for a long time now so if you did not think he could pull of some of these roles you are not paying attention.

                        Two, I highly doubt Iron Man would have made any more money even if Depp had miraculously agreed to do the film and he would have probably asked for about 20 million more then Downey made plus profit sharing.

                        Three I do not understand your logic, you say you wanted Depp to do Iron Man so he is not just recognized for Pirates anymore. If it really bothered him that much I do not see why he would want to be associated with another flamboyant drunk. It just seems redundant to me.

                        Four your argument saying he does not refuse big studio projects sucks. All but one of the movies you listed was directed by Tim Burton and the man will do anything directed by Tim Burton. I would not make the argument that he refuses big budget studies but I would argue that he is far more concerned with being known as one of actngs all time greats then being in blockbusters, so he will choose roles that let him act. You forget, he wasn't really hugely famous before Pirates and now he can do whatever film role he so chooses and get paid quite a but doing so.

                        Five, I do agree that Depp would have been good as Stark but I cannot see him being that much better then RDJ and I would much rather see him act in more risky roles. Depp is very much a family man now so he is not acting often and is very picky. I would much rather see him in something were he has the potential to be great then a comic book movie were he could be very good. No offense to comic book movies but I just think Depp is of more use elsewhere.

                        Finally please do not make arguments and say people should do this or that for the movie going public. 99 percent of people who go to the movies are idiots and I could care less about what they think. I do not want great actors to start catering to the audience and only choosing roles that will endear them to the public because it is then that we stop getting movies like There Will Be Blood and getting Pirates of The Caribean 7: Sparrow Returns. When I heard RDJ was cast I knew it was a brilliant choice because he needs something like this to break out, Depp doesn't, that and he is a brilliant actor, much like Depp.
                        Your point on one doesnt make sense. That is like saying Peyton Manning being traded to the Dolphins is going to turn them into a SB contender. Just because he is an exelent actor he still amazed me with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

                        2) Awesome point. Iron Man has kicked some ass and it would be up for grabs about whether or not they would have made more or not. I dont know how much Downey asked for the film but you are right that Depp probably would have asked for that much.

                        3) I didnt mention that I wanted him to do Iron Man just so he wouldnt be recognized as Jack Sparrow. I was mentioning that when you think of Depp you think of Pirates and that it would be hard to picture him in a different role.

                        4) I dont think it sucks because it still shows that he is willing to work with the bigger studios and not just refusing them because they have more money. Your right that he can pretty much choose whatever role he wants now.

                        5) Cant really comment since that is your opinion and I have mine. I just think the technical department overshadowed Downey's acting. IMO, the movie was good based on the effects and not who the lead was.

                        6) I dont like that either but lets face it, a lot of actors/actresses choose a role based on their image in the media. They care more about the money and the fame than they do about putting out a great film that will entertain us. That is true that Downey hasnt really had that huge blockbuster like Depp has had already. I dont know Johnny but based on articles I have read it does seem like he is a family man. I read he went to the hospital his daugter was at and went around to every kid there and read him/her a bedtime story.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                          Your point on one doesnt make sense. That is like saying Peyton Manning being traded to the Dolphins is going to turn them into a SB contender. Just because he is an exelent actor he still amazed me with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

                          2) Awesome point. Iron Man has kicked some ass and it would be up for grabs about whether or not they would have made more or not. I dont know how much Downey asked for the film but you are right that Depp probably would have asked for that much.

                          3) I didnt mention that I wanted him to do Iron Man just so he wouldnt be recognized as Jack Sparrow. I was mentioning that when you think of Depp you think of Pirates and that it would be hard to picture him in a different role.

                          4) I dont think it sucks because it still shows that he is willing to work with the bigger studios and not just refusing them because they have more money. Your right that he can pretty much choose whatever role he wants now.

                          5) Cant really comment since that is your opinion and I have mine. I just think the technical department overshadowed Downey's acting. IMO, the movie was good based on the effects and not who the lead was.

                          6) I dont like that either but lets face it, a lot of actors/actresses choose a role based on their image in the media. They care more about the money and the fame than they do about putting out a great film that will entertain us. That is true that Downey hasnt really had that huge blockbuster like Depp has had already. I dont know Johnny but based on articles I have read it does seem like he is a family man. I read he went to the hospital his daugter was at and went around to every kid there and read him/her a bedtime story.
                          you are missing the point...Johnny Depp is that good of an actor that he can make a horrible movie watchable and very appealing with HIS acting alone. Peyton Manning would give the Dolphins 7 wins, 6 more than they had this past season just by being one of the greatest QB's we have ever seen.

                          It's already been stated, but...you would have to be a child to even picture Depp as Sparrow every time you see him. Did you miss Finding Neverland, Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands? Depp is an awesome actor who likes to do dark movies...see
                          Edward Scissorhands
                          Sweeney Todd
                          Sleepy Hollow
                          From Hell
                          Secret Window
                          Corpse Bride
                          The Libertine

                          Comment


                          • This is directed at Gonzo or anyone else who may have seen the movie...Guide to Recognizing Your Saints.

                            I rented it a while back and completely forgot about it and having RDJ in it...I thought it was an excellent movie...thoughts?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                              This is directed at Gonzo or anyone else who may have seen the movie...Guide to Recognizing Your Saints.

                              I rented it a while back and completely forgot about it and having RDJ in it...I thought it was an excellent movie...thoughts?
                              Yet to see it. I may check it out. BTW, you forgot quite possibly the most awesome movie of all, Blow. I remember when it first came out before people actually started watching it and hyping it I was at the movie store and the cover made it look like a romance so I never wanted ti rent it or even look at the back. I was renting DVD's weekly from a cheap local store and a few weeks later when it was a down week for DVD's I actually looked at the back, gave it a shot, and ******* loved it. Whenever I see Depp I see George Jung or his best role yet, that of Edward D. Wood Jr.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                                Yet to see it. I may check it out. BTW, you forgot quite possibly the most awesome movie of all, Blow. I remember when it first came out before people actually started watching it and hyping it I was at the movie store and the cover made it look like a romance so I never wanted ti rent it or even look at the back. I was renting DVD's weekly from a cheap local store and a few weeks later when it was a down week for DVD's I actually looked at the back, gave it a shot, and ******* loved it. Whenever I see Depp I see George Jung or his best role yet, that of Edward D. Wood Jr.
                                I agree...I loved Blow...Depp really is very talented.....I loved him and Once Upon a Time in Mexico as well...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information