No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Jaa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chuck Norris>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jack Bauer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>God

yah, tony jaa is the mother*******man...i love ong bak so much. And the protecter. hes gnarly, totally bad***
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I can't get enough of Tombstone

Comment

• I'm starting to think that the Chronicle of Narnia series is going to be better than the LOTR series....

saw Prince Caspian tonight...awesome flick...reminds me a lot of the Star Wars series

Comment

• Blasphemy!!! The first movie made me hate all the kids so much. ONly way I watch another one is if they die.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
            Blasphemy!!! The first movie made me hate all the kids so much. ONly way I watch another one is if they die.
            I could care less about the actors....even though the acting was spot on....

It's some of the best adaptation I've seen....they stay very true to C.S. Lewis and the message and correlations he was making in the books...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
              I'm starting to think that the Chronicle of Narnia series is going to be better than the LOTR series....

saw Prince Caspian tonight...awesome flick...reminds me a lot of the Star Wars series
              I saw the first one ripped

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• No way would I even consider Narnia in the same class as Lord of the Rings. Maybe a more faithful adaption, but as far as enjoyable movies LoTR is much better in my opinion.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                  No way would I even consider Narnia in the same class as Lord of the Rings. Maybe a more faithful adaption, but as far as enjoyable movies LoTR is much better in my opinion.
                  well...I don't know if you really can compare them...(even though I did..lol) just because they were done completely different and geared towards two different age groups...

I have no problem saying I liked a Disney film more than I liked a Peter Jackson film...

but J.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis were very good friends and often wrote short stories together....

could you imagine if they had written an fantasy novel together...how badass would that have been...

Comment

• the narnia novels are so incredibly like the bible its insane...read them again when your older, and the messages are clear as day...

i actually didnt hate the first narnia, although this one got bad reviews
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I'm starting to think that the Chronicle of Narnia series is going to be better than the LOTR series....

No way man..I mean LOTR is on the same level as Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Narnia is directed towards the kids which is why it will never be on that level. It's wrong but it's true. It's on the Harry Potter level. I do wish I was on Emma Watson though..

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        the narnia novels are so incredibly like the bible its insane...read them again when your older, and the messages are clear as day...

i actually didnt hate the first narnia, although this one got bad reviews
                        I've read all of C.S. Lewis' novels at least once...Mere Christianity included....

I know what their all about, that's why I said it was a perfect adaptation....

EDIT: C.S. Lewis was a deeply religious man, thus the reason his books mirror Christianity....
                        Last edited by JagHombre22; 05-18-2008, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
                          No way man..I mean LOTR is on the same level as Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Narnia is directed towards the kids which is why it will never be on that level. It's wrong but it's true. It's on the Harry Potter level. I do wish I was on Emma Watson though..
                          you are probably the only one at the minute that wishes he was on Emma Watson...lol

anyways, yes, I understand what age groups they are geared to, but that doesn't mean they can't be faithful adaptations...and IMO, that's what has made the first two Chronicles of Narnia movies very good...The Lord of the Ring movies were adaptations but they weren't very good adaptational (not a word...lol) wise...

Comment

you are probably the only one at the minute that wishes he was on Emma Watson...lol

anyways, yes, I understand what age groups they are geared to, but that doesn't mean they can't be faithful adaptations...and IMO, that's what has made the first two Chronicles of Narnia movies very good...The Lord of the Ring movies were adaptations but they weren't very good adaptational (not a word...lol) wise...
                            While I do agree that comparing the book to the movie CON is the better adaptation. The directing and storytelling and crazy insane action (specifically The Two Towers) is what made LOTR so great.

Comment

• Emma Watson looks like a boy...yes, I said it again. I remember the 1st time someone posted her picture in the hot chick thread. I thought it was a joke...I honestly thought, she was a boy in drag. lol. I do not see the intrigue at all...I really dont.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Emma Watson looks like a boy...yes, I said it again. I remember the 1st time someone posted her picture in the hot chick thread. I thought it was a joke...I honestly thought, she was a boy in drag. lol.
                                To each his own man. I think she's hot. Ellen Page is my ultimate fantasy though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information