Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    some one recommend me a movie, nothing too long though, something thats out on dvd
    Eraserhead!

Comment

some one recommend me a movie, nothing too long though, something thats out on dvd
      the mist was very very good...i recommend it to all if you are looking for a horror/thriller the ending is FANTASTIC! just thinking about it makes me want to watch it again
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Just saw Indiana Jones and my feelings are very much the same as Jags. A ton of action and other stereotypical Indiana Jones cliches, but a little to spacey for my liking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
          Blame his writing.. I haven't seen any of his movies besides The Sixth Sense, so I can't speak on how good of an actual 'director' he is.. but if people complain about stupid twists and stuff, I say blame his writing.
          That would be The Village, which just pissed me off. And I didn't even bother watching Lady in the Water. With that said, I really did enjoy Signs and The Sixth Sense, so just on the merit of the those two films, The Happening does interest me. I mean I won't be going into it with any kind of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
            National treasure 2 is a good watch
            i really liked the first one and i downloaded the 2nd one last night
            so it should be done when i get home from school

Comment

North by Northwest.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• So which summer movies are everyone going to watch? I actually feel this is a strong summer for movies, unlike the past 2 years. The last 2 years i always thought the summer movies were going to be bad, but im looking forward to a lot of movies this summer. I definitely want to watch:

-The Happening
                -The Hulk
                -Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
                -The Mummy 3
                -The Strangers
                -You dont mess with the Zohan
                -The Dark Knight
                -Wanted

Ive already seen Iron Man which is why its not on the list...i wasnt too impressed with Iron Man, it was decent but it was pretty much just run of the mill IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                  So which summer movies are everyone going to watch?
                  only ones I am looking forward to:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - TODAY!
                  The Happening - June 13
                  Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs - June 24
                  The Dark Knight - July 18
                  Pineapple Express - August 8

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

So which summer movies are everyone going to watch? I actually feel this is a strong summer for movies, unlike the past 2 years. The last 2 years i always thought the summer movies were going to be bad, but im looking forward to a lot of movies this summer. I definitely want to watch:

-The Happening
                    -The Hulk
                    -The Mummy 3
                    -The Strangers
                    -The Dark Knight
                    -Wanted

Ive already seen Iron Man which is why its not on the list...i wasnt too impressed with Iron Man, it was decent but it was pretty much just run of the mill IMO.
                    I actually think it's a pretty weak summer for movies. But the ones in bold are the ones I want to see. You could also throw Pineapple Express in there as well.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                      only ones I am looking forward to:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - TODAY!
                      The Happening - June 13
                      Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs - June 24
                      The Dark Knight - July 18
                      Pineapple Express - August 8
                      saw it last night, great movie. read my earlier post about it though about not going in with too high of expectations...good movie in its own right though.

and i can't wait for the dark knight...

Comment

-The Happening
                        -The Hulk
                        -The Mummy 3
                        -The Strangers
                        -The Dark Knight
                        -Wanted
                        I'll see those two. The other ones, I'm not interested in at all.

Comment

• Heard Indy was horrible. I'm still going see it.

Here's what the guy I know said.
                          So I just got back from the movie, what a collection of geeks that was, but anyhow, that movie was weak.

There were too many times when you had to just say that could never happen, and he would be dead if it really did.

I won't give away plot points, etc, but even the most far fetched plot point wasn't as bad as the physical action and cg effects.

Lucas and Spielberg seem intent on remaking crap until no one recognizes it anymore.

Ford was solid in it as you might expect, but I can't believe he agreed to take the role if that was the script. It sucked.

Knowing Lucas and his original desire for this movie, it doesn't surprise me what wound up on film.

The beauty of the first Indy movies were that with a little bit of suspension of belief you could see that some of the things he did were possible. That's thrown right out the window nearly from jump.

How is it that Nazi's and Russians are such bad shots around Indy?

I will most likely not buy this on DVD when it comes out, and that is saying a lot, as I buy pretty much every movie I see in a theatre.

Def. don't spend the full amount to see this, a matinee if must be, but make someone else buy your ticket if you can.

Another childhood memory tarnished by cg effects.

Damn you Lucas

Comment

• Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
                            Heard Indy was horrible. I'm still going see it.

Here's what the guy I know said.
                            yeah, a little far fetched but cmon......

i still liked it. whoever wrote that sounds a lot like he could be comic book guy.....everything is the worst everything ever.

dont go in expecting it to top the previous movies. just go in, see it as another one thats good in its own right, and no one *****, lol

Comment

• As far as the Happening, I heard that

Mark Wahlburg and his family get the toxin and kill themselves at the end. That is what pissed me off
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• the dark knight is the only one im REALLY looking forward to

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information