Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    No no no no no. The Happening just had horrendous acting and a dumbass story told in an abysmal fashion. It was just a terrible movie, and M. Night really has lost his writing touch with his last two movies it seems.
    I agree. I was sitting through the horrible acting, just hoping it'd have an ending that'd make it all worth while...but NO. The movie just sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      By the way, for those who did and those who didn't see The Incredible Hulk

Spoilers:

Towards the end of the movie, they set up the Leader as the villian for the next Hulk movie. Mr. Blue a.k.a. Professor Samuel Sterns is the alter ego of the Leader and you see his head getting bigger like the Leader's
      spoiler:

But what about the Ironman dude. He said he had a team to stop this. Could it be like an ironman vs hulk movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
        spoiler:

But what about the Ironman dude. He said he had a team to stop this. Could it be like an ironman vs hulk movie?
        I don't really think it's spoiling anything, but just in case:
        I don't think it's necessarily to stop him or like Averngers vs. Hulk, maybe at first, but more of to find him and try to get him to join...I could see that in the end of like Hulk 2, or the beginning of the Avengers movie

Comment

spoiler:

SPOILER MAYBE?

Maybe he won't come until the avengers movie? Maybe he's the villain in that movie? I didn't know there would be a 2nd Hulk?

Comment

spoiler:

White text.

No, its a set up for the upcoming 2011 (I think) Avengers movie. Remember, the original lineup of the Avengers was Thor, which is coming, Ant-man, which I heard was coming but apparently isn't, the Wasp, Namor the Submariner, Iron Man and the Hulk. And then Captain America joined. A Captain America movie is coming to and it is reasonable to assume that will be the direct lead in to the Avengers movie.
            Last edited by Crickett; 06-15-2008, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• I think the Avengers movie will just consist of Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Capt. America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
                I think the Avengers movie will just consist of Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Capt. America.
                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/

Wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                  Well what I stated would make a better movie imo.

Comment

• It's been a while since I've watched it in theatres, but I felt the need to just say how much I hate Cloverfield.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

• Originally posted by Byrd430 View Post
                      It's been a while since I've watched it in theatres, but I felt the need to just say how much I hate Cloverfield.
                      You're not alone in that sentiment.

Comment

• I am with the both of you. Fight the power and Cloverfield lovers.

Comment

• Cloverfield was pretty good, I enjoyed it but mostly forgot about it, even after all the hype. Sabres won 10-1 right after I saw it. It was no Rambo, but it's in the middle of the pack of what I've seen this year. Nothing special, but I liked it.

Comment

• I am a Cloverfield fan.

Could have been much better but, they did a fine job w/ it...especially given the budget.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• I just finished watching In Bruges. Phenomenal film. I think it is my favorite so far this year. Funny as hell but also very dark. I totally recomend that everyone go see it as I think it will appeal to a variety of different people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                                I am with the both of you. Fight the power and Cloverfield lovers.
                                Gonzo! Glad to have you back. I was going through Gonzo withdrawal.

I really didn't mind Cloverfield though, to be honest. Wasn't the greatest movie but I've certainly seen worse.

I actually felt like their were some extremely compelling scenes in the movie, a great battle scene in particular, if you know which one I mean.

The main problem was limiting themselves to that hand held camera type of view. I've never been a fan of shaky camera work, as I think it just makes a film complicated and frustrating to watch but at least it was intentionally set to be that way (unlike the Bourne films for example, in terms of they used many set cameras, not just one perspective camera).

Not only does it limit what you can see, but more importantly it also limited the ability to tell a story effectively and in a compelling fashion. That's my main gripe with it.

In a way it was somewhat ironic. They wanted to tell this great story about a monster and have it sort of be the 'Godzilla' of America but by making it in a sort of..'realistic' fashion, rather than more convential acting, it instead had that Blair Witch element to it in terms of less acting and more screaming and drama as opposed to a movie-esq and epic feeling to it. Doing that really took away from that if you ask me, which was a shame.
                                (shameless self-promotion)
                                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information