Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    I just finished watching In Bruges. Phenomenal film. I think it is my favorite so far this year. Funny as hell but also very dark. I totally recomend that everyone go see it as I think it will appeal to a variety of different people.
    Haha!

    You can't say I didn't tell you!



    <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      I just finished watching In Bruges. Phenomenal film. I think it is my favorite so far this year. Funny as hell but also very dark. I totally recomend that everyone go see it as I think it will appeal to a variety of different people.
      I watched it again last night as well, because i was a little distracted watching it the first time around. Its just as good the second time, very very well made film. Like i said before, Colin Farrell, when not being a pretty boy, is a very capable actor. He was excellent in this film. It was also nice, IMO anyways, to see a film that hadnt been completely americanized. There was no product placement or anything, and the accents almost make the movie funnier. I loved teh dark comedy and the tone of the film. My ONLY complaint is the tower scene at the end. But overall, very good movie
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

      Comment


      • I'm planning on seeing Wanted when it comes out. Is anybody else?


        Originally Posted by scottyboy
        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
          I am with the both of you. Fight the power and Cloverfield lovers.
          Cloverfield lovers? I don't think there's many lovers, but I'd still say it's one of the better movies of the year so far.


          RIP TheManInBlack

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Cloverfield lovers? I don't think there's many lovers, but I'd still say it's one of the better movies of the year so far.
            Do to Abrams and the unique viral marketing...it does have quite the cult following.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
              I'm planning on seeing Wanted when it comes out. Is anybody else?
              ill probably go see it, the previews look like it will be entertaining

              Comment


              • I'm watching Strange Wilderness. It is the dumbest movie I've ever seen in my life

                Comment


                • A) Cloverfield: i thought it was a unique movie idea, and the viral marketing hyped it up to a level that no movie IMO could possibly have lived up to. It was pretty cool, i had alot of bones to pick with it, and there was alot i didnt like, but i cant deny the creativity and the overall effect of the movie. It was decent, nothing more IMO.

                  B) Wanted looks like trash lol
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                  Comment


                  • In regard to In Bruges I thought it ended perfectly. Leading up to the end I started to worry that I would be disapointed by what happened. However I cannot think of a better ending for the movie and I personlly loved the tower scene.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      In regard to In Bruges I thought it ended perfectly. Leading up to the end I started to worry that I would be disapointed by what happened. However I cannot think of a better ending for the movie and I personlly loved the tower scene.
                      i liked the actual ending, but the tower scene was my only complaint. I thought it was bvery unrealistic, seeing as there is no way he would SPOILER sruvive that fall, let alone be concious enough to warn Ray about what was happening. But other then that, I agree fully that the ending was perfect
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                      Comment


                      • I never really got into the Cloverfield hype, but I really enjoyed the movie. I thought the idea was cool as hell and that honestly did a better job accomplishing it than I was expecting.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          i liked the actual ending, but the tower scene was my only complaint. I thought it was bvery unrealistic, seeing as there is no way he would SPOILER sruvive that fall, let alone be concious enough to warn Ray about what was happening. But other then that, I agree fully that the ending was perfect
                          The whole movie was all kind of like that though. They are in this fairy tale town with midgets, drugs and guns. I felt that fact he survived the fall fit perfectly wit hthe rest of the movie.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                            The whole movie was all kind of like that though. They are in this fairy tale town with midgets, drugs and guns. I felt that fact he survived the fall fit perfectly wit hthe rest of the movie.
                            to each his own i suppose, that was the only scene that i felt was out of place, especially considering how realistic the shootout was at the end, and keeping in tone with the rest of the movie. I loved the fact that in a movie about two hitmen, there was relatively little gunfire. I thought that it only added to the movie. Its one of the best movies ive seen in a while. I really enjoyed it, I might actually consider buying it on DVD to add to my collection.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              A) Cloverfield: i thought it was a unique movie idea, and the viral marketing hyped it up to a level that no movie IMO could possibly have lived up to. It was pretty cool, i had alot of bones to pick with it, and there was alot i didnt like, but i cant deny the creativity and the overall effect of the movie. It was decent, nothing more IMO.
                              My thoughts exactly about Cloverfield. I had hype for it but it didn't deliver on my expectations. I was pretty disappointed.

                              Sig by Hitman D.

                              Comment


                              • Is this Marky Mark slamming Ocean's 12 or just ripping on his friends?

                                Q: Is it true you turned down the chance to be in the Ocean's films?

                                A: Yeah - and it was well worth it! The second one sucked! People tell George Clooney it's great, but we all know it sucked. I made two bad movies instead - Planet Of The Apes and The Truth About Charlie - but doing that was better than sitting with Brad and George, telling the press how great everybody is! "We were in Europe, George was funny, then we had some wine..." - that's not for me. I do love those guys, but I had to step out on my own.
                                http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_107536.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information