Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got back from seeing The Incredible Hulk, and i will summarize:

A) MUCH better then the other one. Ang lee, take note. Kong with daddy issues=not superhero. This Hulk? he has a villain AND he demoes ALOT of buildings. This was much better. I didnt hate the ang lee version as much as most people, because i thought besides missing the heroics, it was decent. This one, however, was great.

B) They set up the sequel great. All i can say is, Tim Blake Nelson was the perfect ******* choice for Sam Sterns. HES TIM BLAKE NELSON!

C) The RDJ cameo was brilliant, its nice to see The Marvel universe come together. See what happens when Marvel makes Marvel movies? **** Fox. This is how its done. I cannot wait for the Thor/Captain America movies. I think when all is said and done, you will see each hero have individual film series, but an avengers movie is definately on the way
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      I never really got into the Cloverfield hype, but I really enjoyed the movie. I thought the idea was cool as hell and that honestly did a better job accomplishing it than I was expecting.
      Exactly, and when they come out with the sequel they've already established the general events and can now focus on making a good movie.

Comment

• Have you ever been to Bruges?

Place is a ******* fairy tale

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• As a movie buff, I find it sad that the only thing I'd see in theatres now is the two month old Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Comment

• Ha, speaking of FSM, I just got back from seeing it right now. Flick was hilarious. Mila and Kristen...jesus, all sorts of hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
              As a movie buff, I find it sad that the only thing I'd see in theatres now is the two month old Forgetting Sarah Marshall
              Well I've seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Happening, Kung Fu Panda, Prince Caspian, and Indy 4 and the only piece of **** was really The Happening.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Indy 4 was terrible. \

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                  Indy 4 was terrible. \
                  While I don't think it's anywhere near Raiders or Last Crusade, it was nice forgettable entertainment.

Speaking of movies in the now, Wall-E's early reviews are extremely positive and are saying it's the best Pixar movie yet, so that makes me more pumped.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    While I don't think it's anywhere near Raiders or Last Crusade, it was nice forgettable entertainment.

Speaking of movies in the now, Wall-E's early reviews are extremely positive and are saying it's the best Pixar movie yet, so that makes me more pumped.
                    yeah, I just saw a preview for it the other day. I'm not typically into those movies but, it does look cute, yes I said, cute...and the fact that he looks like a minature Johnny 5 is awesome. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      yeah, I just saw a preview for it the other day. I'm not typically into those movies but, it does look cute, yes I said, cute...and the fact that he looks like a minature Johnny 5 is awesome. haha.
                      short circuit was tied with the 1986 transformers movie as my all time favourite childhood movies. I still love both hahaha short circuit is amazing
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        M. Night has only had 2 good movies, The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. The Sixth Sense was obviously amazing because of its twist, and a fantastic performance by Hailey Joel Osment. Unbreakable i liked for differant reasons, there was alot of subtlety in it that you have to catch on the 2nd time round. I disliked Signs, but it had its moments. The corn field moments IMO were teh scariest moments of the film.

Now, I could sit here all day and write about the village. I think that its one of his better works, id palce it third behind the other two. I think that people hated the twist, and while i agree to an extent, people hate it for the wrong reason. Most people hate The Village because of the twist, which wasnt a sterotypical holywood ending. But the feelings and emotions that were conveyed with his ending were excellent. Throughout the movie, we are given the idea that this is all happening because of something mystical or superhuman, yet in the end, SPOILER: its nothing mystical at all. If anything, M Night knows how to portray fear in individuals well.

I havent seen The Happening, but I read the spoilers and synopsis online, and it sounds like he just tried to hard. I honestly believe that movie script would have been 100X better if he had just left the event without explanation. Imagine the outcry! It'd be like the ending in the mist. fantastic, IMO.

anyways, sitll havent seen The Incredible Hulk, ill prolly go something this week, looks damn good and it got good reviews. Went out movie shopping again the other day, and I bought some sick titles. City of God (took me forever to find it dammit), The Butterfly Effect, and the first Xmen movie.
                        What if we make everyone think terrorists attacked us, but we were all already dead.

Comment

• Just watch Spun for the first time today, picked it up on dvd for cheap, thought it was a good movie, I'll recommend it.

Comment

• Anybody seen Get Smart previews? You think it will be good?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                              What if we make everyone think terrorists attacked us, but we were all already dead.
                              i dont get the joke lol, but im assuming thats wat happens in The Happening? Im not quite sure what you are getting at here lol

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                                Anybody seen Get Smart previews? You think it will be good?
                                Looks pretty bad, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information