Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
    Anybody seen Get Smart previews? You think it will be good?
    Anything with Steve Carell should be good.

Comment

• I think I've had about all I can take of Steve Carell unnecessarily yelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
        Anything with Steve Carell should be good.
        Evan Almighty proves otherwise. I am a Steve Carrell fan but he does tend to star in really bad movies.

Comment

• Fair point, Gonzo. However, Steve Carell + The Rock = win no matter what.

It's as simple as that.
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• anne hathaway is hot.

Comment

• You are cortivo court composer!

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
              12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Just watched Fool's Gold.

Wasn't as good as a lot of people I've talked to made it out to be, but I guess it's worth the watch.

Movies like this are just too predictable though.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

• Originally posted by Byrd430 View Post
                  Just watched Fool's Gold.

Wasn't as good as a lot of people I've talked to made it out to be, but I guess it's worth the watch.

Movies like this are just too predictable though.
                  So people you know really said Fool's Gold was good? I heard it was horrendous from people who's opinions I trust and for teh couple people who told m it was good their only response when I asked them why it was good were Mathew McIcannotact's abs. The movie looks like a pile of garbage but even though reviews of been abysmal I guess I can't really judge the movie until I see it, which will be never.

Comment

• I heard 'What happens in Vegas' is getting nominated for an Academy Award

Comment

• Yeah, Fool's Gold looked like crock **** from the previews alone. Not a movie I would spend my money or my time on.

Just a quick thoughts of some the movies I've seen in the past week or two:

The Savages - Awesome movie. PSH was top **** in it as always.
                      Lars and the Real Girl - I really did like it. The reveal scene with Ryan Gosling's character and his brother and his wife, was hilarious.
                      Margot at the Wedding - It was alright I guess. Some of the jokes kind of went over my head. Jack Black and Kidman were good, but I just really didn't get it. Though there were some f'ed up parts I didn't expect in there. I mean WTF was up with that creepy kid.

And just for some opinions, I got a couple movies on my list to watch. Just want to get some thoughts on them.

Winter Passing
                      Squid and the Whale
                      Layer Cake

Recommend?
                      Last edited by Paul; 06-18-2008, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• I thought Squid and the Whale and Layer Cake were both incredible films. I never got through all of Winter Passing and from what I say it was not that good.

Comment

• FYI on Get Smart, the screenplay was written by the same people who wrote Failure to Launch............

Anyway, my brother works for Disney and he told me about Wall-E last April before Ratatouille came out. He made it sound like the people at Pixar believe it is the best movie they've ever made.

Plus, I'm guessing we will see the preview for Toy Story 3 with Wall-E.

Originally posted by Halsey
                          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                            I heard 'What happens in Vegas' is getting nominated for an Academy Award
                            I heard the world was ending soon... Maybe they're related somehow...?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Fool's Gold was a piece of garbage. It's probably the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. ever. My friends and I walked out (we saw it in theatre) 20 minutes into the movie.
                              Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                              Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
                              Originally posted by Lions WMD
                              It's called Auto Fellatio!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gatz View Post
                                Fool's Gold was a piece of garbage. It's probably the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. ever. My friends and I walked out (we saw it in theatre) 20 minutes into the movie.
                                See, I feel like I can never walk out of a movie because I just don't like wasting money.

Also, a movie that was most likely worse than Fool's Gold was Strange Wilderness. That is the worst movie I've seen in a long time.

Originally posted by Halsey
                                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information