Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    I just watched 21. I realize it cam out a while ago but we finally got a watchable bootleg of it out here. I enjoyed it a lot mainly because I enjoy gambling in Las Vegas. I also enjoy Kate Bosworth
    You should read the book "Bringing Down the House" which the movie was based on. Also, the History Channel documentary was very well done.


    Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      Be Kind Rewind was a bad attempt at being a Frank Capra movie and the more I think about it, the less I like it.
      Capra directed one of my favorite comedies growing up, Arsenic and Old Lace

      Comment


      • I find it hilarious that Will Smith's "Hancock" is going head to head with his daughter's film "Kit Kittredge". Supposedly Will Smith has made it clear to her that he intends to destroy her at the box office

        Comment


        • Just wondering, but when did Will Smith becoming an acting star again? I loved the man in MiB, but why is he suddenly the lead guy? He seems to be cranking out movies like Samuel L Jackson in his prime.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
            Just wondering, but when did Will Smith becoming an acting star again? I loved the man in MiB, but why is he suddenly the lead guy? He seems to be cranking out movies like Samuel L Jackson in his prime.
            When did he stop being an acting star? Will Smith is one of the better actors in Hollywood being capable of pulling of strong comedy, action, and dramatic performances.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
              When did he stop being an acting star? Will Smith is one of the better actors in Hollywood being capable of pulling of strong comedy, action, and dramatic performances.
              Oh he's a good actor, not trashing him, and damn is he versatile, just wondering when exactly Hollywood pegged him as a lead guy that every movie needs? Personally I think he's a better comedic actor than dramatic actor but that's just me. And it seems like he's in every other movie.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                Oh he's a good actor, not trashing him, and damn is he versatile, just wondering when exactly Hollywood pegged him as a lead guy that every movie needs? Personally I think he's a better comedic actor than dramatic actor but that's just me. And it seems like he's in every other movie.
                I think he was a damn good comedic actor but he's moved his career in the right direction. If he's looking for distiction and career longeveity, he needs to stick with solid character driven dramas.

                Unfortunately he's pushing very hard for Bad Boys 3.

                Also, every other movie? It's been over 8 months since his last movie came out.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                  both are excellent, Be Kind Rewind I thought was funny. I enjoyed that it was kind of a tribute to DIY.

                  I liked Be Kind Rewind. Good movie.


                  As for people trying who leave halfway throughout a movie. Say that an emergency has come up and you have to leave. You might be able to get your money back. I left halfway through 10,000 BC because I was dumbing down as I watched it. After I walked out my friends told the cashier that the movie was horrible and we really had to leave. She protested, but in the end we got our money back.

                  Comment


                  • Any one else hear of "Religulous"? A documentary that Bill Maher's doing? http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/religulous/ It looks funny. I love his show so I'll definitely see this.

                    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                      Any one else hear of "Religulous"? A documentary that Bill Maher's doing? http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/religulous/ It looks funny. I love his show so I'll definitely see this.
                      I hate Bill Maher, so I will not see this film. I don't think there is someone more full of himself on the planet.


                      Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                        I hate Bill Maher, so I will not see this film. I don't think there is someone more full of himself on the planet.
                        Papa Bear?

                        Comment


                        • I just bought...There will be blood, Before the Devil knows you're dead, and the Contract for $20. Good Stuff indeed. I have yet to see any of them yet.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            I just bought...There will be blood, Before the Devil knows you're dead, and the Contract for $20. Good Stuff indeed. I have yet to see any of them yet.
                            Great pickups. TWBB and BTDKYD were two of my favorite movies last year. Loved them.

                            Comment


                            • Has anyone seen the directors cut of Kingdom of Heaven? Its supposed to be really good. Dunno whether to invest 3+ hours into it.

                              "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                              Comment


                              • BTDKYD was all right. I liked the idea, but I think it could have been done better. The way they changed times and peoples was really annoying.

                                "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information