Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
    Ok thanks, might have to run up to Blockbuster in a few minutes lol.
    I have not been very impressed with this years releases but In Bruges really blew me away. It is an excellent rental as it will entertain no matter what mood you are in. Enjoy it if you do end up giving it a rental tonight.

Comment

• in bruges is great. definitely one of the best this year.

just saw wall-e. it was.. a disappointment to me. it seemed like another political animation and those just bother me. i gotta give credit to the great animation and effects. as far as the cinematography, its great. the plot was eh.. and i wish the robots spoke clearer.

Comment

• Has anyone seen Wanted yet? It looks pretty good but then it looks like one of those movies that is gonna end up being much worse then it looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
          ijust saw wall-e. it was.. a disappointment to me. it seemed like another political animation and those just bother me. i gotta give credit to the great animation and effects. as far as the cinematography, its great. the plot was eh.. and i wish the robots spoke clearer.
          So you'd rather have Dreamworks with their constant pop cultural references and no meaty plot instead of having a story with a message?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
            Has anyone seen Wanted yet? It looks pretty good but then it looks like one of those movies that is gonna end up being much worse then it looks.
            Haven't seen it, but reviews have been great thus far. Definitely see it if you're an action fan.

Comment

• Wow. Exactly three weeks left until the Dark Knight come out. I can't believe I still have to wait that long though...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                Haven't seen it, but reviews have been great thus far. Definitely see it if you're an action fan.
                Well ive seen like all the movies in theaters right now but 3... I go atleast once a week to see movies but i just wanted to see what i was getting myself into

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                  just saw wall-e. it was.. a disappointment to me. it seemed like another political animation and those just bother me. i gotta give credit to the great animation and effects. as far as the cinematography, its great. the plot was eh.. and i wish the robots spoke clearer.
                  You missed a lot of the movie if you thought that it was political. Yes, like most movies, it had a message. Was it overt? No.

Also, the way the characters expressed themselves without speaking was one of the greatest things of the film. It is nice to see an animated film without dumb kiddie dialogue and actually use emotion and character development to tell a story.

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• I actually saw Wall-E and it was pretty good. It was very nice looking, too. Didn't come across as political to me, but I did like the message that it tried to send.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                      Well ive seen like all the movies in theaters right now but 3... I go atleast once a week to see movies but i just wanted to see what i was getting myself into
                      I am going to go see it. I have been waiting for it for awhile. I also want to learn how to curve a bullet with my 32 round Glock 26. ;)

Comment

• The way they have been marketing Hancock sure has changed...looked like it was strictly a comedy when the first trailers came out. But, all these recent ones, sure make it look a lot differently than that. It still doesnt look amazing or anything but, the newer trailers have me a little more interested than the comedic ones.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• i saw wanted last night, i liked it a lot for what it was. a very fresh action movie.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            The way they have been marketing Hancock sure has changed...looked like it was strictly a comedy when the first trailers came out. But, all these recent ones, sure make it look a lot differently than that. It still doesnt look amazing or anything but, the newer trailers have me a little more interested than the comedic ones.
                            link? I haven't seen the new ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
                              link? I haven't seen the new ones.
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=ij_XQk467x8

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                The way they have been marketing Hancock sure has changed...looked like it was strictly a comedy when the first trailers came out. But, all these recent ones, sure make it look a lot differently than that. It still doesnt look amazing or anything but, the newer trailers have me a little more interested than the comedic ones.
                                Probably because the appeal of it as a comedy wasnt that great. People love Will Smith in a serious role, so they will market it that way. But I am sure, just like every action movie he does, it will be filled with cheesy one-liners.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information