No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i read the spoilers for Hancock online after comahan told me to, and it really isnt what every thinks...let me just say, that they went in a very interesting and seemingly unrelated direction at the end.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      That looked nothing like a comedy. Still looks great though.

Comment

• I am reading that Hancock is projected to make 120-150 mill over 5 days starting Wednesday. That is pure insanity right there. I never thought it would do near what Indy did and what TDK will do. I guess Jason Bateman has more drawing power than I thought and deservedly so.

Comment

• Good sir, I believe it's just the American infatuation with Will Smith. My brother asked me if I wanted to see it with him just yesterday, and I did only what was appropriate, put him in a lockdown and farted in his face

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• I'd like to announce that I will be one of the first in line to see the probable brilliance that is The Wackness

Comment

• I personally think it will be a pile insert starred out word and I refuse to see it in theatres.

In other movie news and I watched Punch Drunk Love for the third time. I just watched it about two months back so I wanted to watch another movie. My brothers really wanted to watch it so I relented and it was even better this time around. PT Anderson directed the hell out of that movie. I could not find one point in the film where I thought he could have done a better job. Such a brilliant film and even still it is my second least favorite film of his. Shows just how great a director he is.

I also watched American Psycho. The last time I watched it was a couple years ago and I am now convinced it is a very overated film. The book really was 100 times better. As far as adaptions go it was well done but it will now be nowhere my top 100 film list.

Sorry is this semi rant did not make sense. I am tired as hell and will now go to bed only to once again get very little sleep.
              Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 06-29-2008, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                I'd like to announce that I will be one of the first in line to see the probable brilliance that is The Wackness
                From what I hear it is getting incredible reviews. If it comes to Ottawa I will for sure be there to see it opening day.

The more I think about it the more I believe I will be disapointed by Choke. I hope I will be proven wrong.

Comment

• I'm half way through watching In Bruges and so far it has not disappointed. It's one of those films that you just can't stop watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                    I'd like to announce that I will be one of the first in line to see the probable brilliance that is The Wackness
                    I've heard some mixed things about that but I'll see it for Josh Peck simply because of his incredible acting job in Mean Creek. Just have to wait for it to get around.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• As Gonzo said just watched Punch Drunk Love. Adam Sandler at his non-comedic best, damn good film.

Comment

• Saw In Bruges last night, it was awesome!

Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna be 100 sure, does Collin Farrell die at the end or not?
                        Last edited by holt_bruce81; 06-29-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                          As Gonzo said just watched Punch Drunk Love. Adam Sandler at his non-comedic best, damn good film.
                          I still say it was Reign Over Me but to each his own.

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                          Saw In Bruges last night, it was awesome!

Wanna be 100% sure, does Collin Farrell die at the end or not?
                          No spoilers please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                            I personally think it will be a pile insert starred out word and I refuse to see it in theatres.

In other movie news and I watched Punch Drunk Love for the third time. I just watched it about two months back so I wanted to watch another movie. My brothers really wanted to watch it so I relented and it was even better this time around. PT Anderson directed the hell out of that movie. I could not find one point in the film where I thought he could have done a better job. Such a brilliant film and even still it is my second least favorite film of his. Shows just how great a director he is.

I also watched American Psycho. The last time I watched it was a couple years ago and I am now convinced it is a very overated film. The book really was 100 times better. As far as adaptions go it was well done but it will now be nowhere my top 100 film list.

Sorry is this semi rant did not make sense. I am tired as hell and will now go to bed only to once again get very little sleep.
                            Back around page 220 when everyone was talking about how wonderful American Psycho the movie was, one lone voice stood out amongst them, claiming it to be overrated and vastly inferior to the novel. that was me! I was hugely disappointed in the movie. As awesome as Christian Bale is, there is just no way to adapt a classic like American Psycho into a movie that portrays all the subtext and messages that it is supposed to. That said, the adaption was faithful and Christian Bale is good as one of my favourite characters in all of literature, Patrick Bateman.

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                            As Gonzo said just watched Punch Drunk Love. Adam Sandler at his non-comedic best, damn good film.
                            I prefer his performance in Reign Over Me as his best acting job, that said, Punch Drunk Love is a fantastic movie in its own right.

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                            Saw In Bruges last night, it was awesome!

Wanna be 100% sure, does Collin Farrell die at the end or not?
                            dude, throw a spoiler warning in there, thats a key moment in the film, why ruin it for others who havent seen ? thats just being ignorant dude. And the whole point of the ending is to add ambiguity, but SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!see it works great eh? If you pay attention, he says "I really really hoped i wouldnt die. He uses hope in the past tense, suggesting that he is indeed dead. But thats just in interpretation, Im sure other people will have different ideas.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Nothing beats Bret Easton Ellis, but I believe American Psycho was a damn good movie, that most certainly benefited from Christian Bale no less.

Comment

• My bad with the spoiler alert thing, i was not thinking at all. Sorry if I ruined it for anyone. I just fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information