X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    She's the reason why Ronald Regan was almost assassinated
    What? Elaborate?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
      What? Elaborate?

On March 30th, 1981 John Hinkley Jr attempted to assassinate US President Ronald reagan in an attempt to impress Jodie Foster, who he had developed an obsession with after watching Taxi Driver numerous times.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        On March 30th, 1981 John Hinkley Jr attempted to assassinate US President Ronald reagan in an attempt to impress Jodie Foster, who he had developed an obsession with after watching Taxi Driver numerous times.
        Oh what the hell.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
          Oh what the hell.
          Yah it's American History, dude. The sad part is Jodie's a lesbian, so Hinkley will never get the happy ending he deserves for shooting Reagan.

Anyway, I expected Wanted to kick my ass but I thought it totally sucked. Angelina's character was absolutely nothing; if it hadn't been her, I would not remember anything about that character.

The movie completely fell flat for me outside of the action scenes, which weren't mind blowing. The whole thing didn't really make sense, either. I will admit it had some nice cinematic shots here and there.

Comment

• Couple more movies watched.

American Graffiti (Dir - George Lucas) Well here is Superbad before Superbad. Alot cleaner too. I find the use of explicit language funny (for some reason I like the f word alot in movies or tv shows), but despite having a PG 13 rating, it was a very entertaining watch. It was alot of fun to watch older stars in their young un days like Ron Howard (In fact, Buster had not left the country), Richard Dreyfuss, and Harrison Ford. This was a really well made movie and Superbad seems to have borrowed alot from it. I give it a 9.3. I recommend it to everyone who has not seen it.

Alien (Dir - Ridley Scott) Not until recently had I known that the Alien franchise used to be successful. I did not know Alien and Aliens were supposed to be good movies. Anyway, I ended up watching Alien and it was a very solid movie. I like Scott's other work (Blade Runner, Gladiator) better, but this was a well shot movie with a good story line. They used their set and miniatures very well it could easily pass for something shot today (though I did watch he 2003 directors cut). Despite the Sigourney Weaver buttcrack, I still give the movie an 8.9

But speaking of things, look at the movies made in the 70s.

The Godfather
            The Godfather II
            A Clockwork Orange
            Taxi Driver
            Dirty Harry
            The Exorcist
            Chinatown
            Jaws
            One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest
            Monty Python and the Holy Grail
            Rocky
            Annie Hall
            Star Wars
            Close Encounters of a Third Kind
            Saturday Night Fever
            Dawn of the Dead
            Apocalypse Now
            Alien

Damn. Thats a good decade. I skipped plenty of movies too.

Comment

• Aliens > Alien

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• please we all know that Alien 3 is the best one, only because it is directed by the god DAVID FINCHER!!!
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Watched before the Devil Knows Your Dead.... meh. Good story but something about the pace and direction of the movie seemed off to me. Didn't care for the characters that much either although PSH acted well obviously. I think a 7/10 but it had the potential to be really good with a different director and maybe a better written script.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                    Watched before the Devil Knows Your Dead.... meh. Good story but something about the pace and direction of the movie seemed off to me. Didn't care for the characters that much either although PSH acted well obviously. I think a 7/10 but it had the potential to be really good with a different director and maybe a better written script.
                    I can understand not liking the writing but better with a different director? Sidney Lumet did a fantastic job with BTDKYD.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      I can understand not liking the writing but better with a different director? Sidney Lumet did a fantastic job with BTDKYD.
                      Trust me I know who Lumet is, 12 Angry Men is one of my favorite movies of all time I just didn't like the pace or the overall look of the scenes. Thought it could have been better because I really liked the story.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• Sidney Lumet is one of the greatest directors in the history of cinema. i personally loved BTDKYD and thought it was one of the better movies i have seen recently. PSH and ethan hawke were both excellent and Lumet IMO can do no wrong. but everyone has an opinion lol
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Sidney Lumet is one of the greatest directors in the history of cinema. i personally loved BTDKYD and thought it was one of the better movies i have seen recently. PSH and ethan hawke were both excellent and Lumet IMO can do no wrong. but everyone has an opinion lol
                          Great directors can make average movies. PSH was great but that is expected and Hawke was also good but I didn't really care for the characters.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• Damn. Ridley Scott, James Cameron, and David Fincher. Talk about the possibility of having an amazing trilogy (all very different styles of directing though). I cant wait to watch Aliens.

So...Magnolia is really ******* long.

Comment

• You should do Magnolia and Boogie Nights back to back. Follow that up with a day of Hard Eight and Punch Drunk Love back to back. Close with There Will Be Blood. Now that would be epic.

Comment

• lol. I would have to clear our my schedule for like a fortnight to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information