No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Taxi Driver the other night...to see what all the hype was over it....personally I thought it dragged on...and the ending was just a let down...maybe it was a good movie for it's time...but in the 21st century it doesn't have a place in my top movies...or even a movie I'll ever watch again.

Don't wanna spoil it for anyone else...so I won't go into the big details...but I was truly let down....2/3 of the movie is about one thing...and the other third is about something completely different...and it didn't connect at all...the connection at the end was a waste for me...didn't do anything to spark any emotions for me.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboQmDIdKWs

Holy crap Max Payne looks awesome. I can honestly say it's the first time I've ever wanted to see a video game movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrosbySucks View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboQmDIdKWs

Holy crap Max Payne looks awesome. I can honestly say it's the first time I've ever wanted to see a video game movie.
        Well, I dont think Uwe Boll is doing it, so automatically it can't be unwatchable.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• i never really liked Magnolia

Comment

• Originally posted by CrosbySucks View Post

Meh. Looks like any other average high paced action movie. I excpect averageness.

stephenson86

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
              Watched Taxi Driver the other night...to see what all the hype was over it....personally I thought it dragged on...and the ending was just a let down...maybe it was a good movie for it's time...but in the 21st century it doesn't have a place in my top movies...or even a movie I'll ever watch again.

Don't wanna spoil it for anyone else...so I won't go into the big details...but I was truly let down....2/3 of the movie is about one thing...and the other third is about something completely different...and it didn't connect at all...the connection at the end was a waste for me...didn't do anything to spark any emotions for me.
              Weird thats my favorite movie of all time possibly.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
              12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                Damn. Ridley Scott, James Cameron, and David Fincher. Talk about the possibility of having an amazing trilogy (all very different styles of directing though). I cant wait to watch Aliens.

So...Magnolia is really ******* long.
                I love David Fincher, hes by far my favourite director, but alien 3 ******* sucked. lol

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                You should do Magnolia and Boogie Nights back to back. Follow that up with a day of Hard Eight and Punch Drunk Love back to back. Close with There Will Be Blood. Now that would be epic.
                That would be epic...I might want Punch Drunk Love right now because you have inspired me Gonzo.

Originally posted by CrosbySucks View Post

MARKY MARK!
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  Watched Taxi Driver the other night...to see what all the hype was over it....personally I thought it dragged on...and the ending was just a let down...maybe it was a good movie for it's time...but in the 21st century it doesn't have a place in my top movies...or even a movie I'll ever watch again.

I watched it recently for basically the same reason, and it was vaulted to my top5 favorite movies.

My friend said it was a bit slow, but I didnt really feel that. I like his interactions with people and found them pretty interesting. And the whole 2/3 1/3 thing makes it even cooler in my opinion. You sense some sort of disturbance in him and then he turns out to do all that stuff. The ending was pretty badass.

I am surprised you did not like it.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Ok, I have just seen an advert for a thriller called Donkey Punch... wth?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Well I like the name, can't say much else about it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                        Ok, I have just seen an advert for a thriller called Donkey Punch... wth?
                        Saw it myself a few days ago, truly astonishing.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• I finally got around to watching Gone Baby Gone today, I bought it a long time ago but, never got around to watching it. Anyway, it was great, I loved it. Casey shines on screen and Ben belongs behind the camera. Amazing work on both their parts and Ed Harris, is Ed Harris. Yeah, great movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            I finally got around to watching Gone Baby Gone today, I bought it a long time ago but, never got around to watching it. Anyway, it was great, I loved it. Casey shines on screen and Ben belongs behind the camera. Amazing work on both their parts and Ed Harris, is Ed Harris. Yeah, great movie.
                            Gone Baby Gone was truly a great movie. I really liked the twist at the end of the film as well.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              Gone Baby Gone was truly a great movie. I really liked the twist at the end of the film as well.
                              Yeah, it's sad in the end but, that was a good twist.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                                I watched it recently for basically the same reason, and it was vaulted to my top5 favorite movies.

My friend said it was a bit slow, but I didnt really feel that. I like his interactions with people and found them pretty interesting. And the whole 2/3 1/3 thing makes it even cooler in my opinion. You sense some sort of disturbance in him and then he turns out to do all that stuff. The ending was pretty badass.

I am surprised you did not like it.
                                The movie didn't mesh for me....i'll put the rest of my thoughts in white.

For instance the whole movie seems to be set up to make him look like he is a savage. He will do whatever and really isn't scared of anything....

He is a ex-marine looking to stay busy because he can't sleep....so he becomes a taxi driver...but the only thing I could target the not sleeping thing was his almost dual perspective on what was going on.

He could sit and watch the lady behind the desk all day...and acted as if he was a normal everyday person....yet he screwed it up...and all of a sudden everything the first half of the movie set up completely changes....

I was expecting after the crazy guy in his taxi part him to turn crazy and eventually kill her.

I guess the one part i really never understood is why did he want to kill palenstine...the only part that I could think of was that Palenstine represented the lady behind the desk and thus he wanted to get rid of him...although in the taxi he acted as if he liked him...which I'm sure was just a play anyways.

That whole part of the movie was fine for me...I wasn't a huge fan...but atleast it worked for me...

The all of a sudden the movie completely abandons that storyline and changes him into a toughass sent to earth to rid it of evil...

While the character progession I think was done about right...tying it together in the end with a pitty car ride was weak in my mind.

I had no problem with the jodie foster story line either...but it was as if the movie was two seperate movies joined.

I guess that was the point of the movie tho...to gather his progession and end it the way it did...I just wasn't impressed....it actually reminded me of an old-school Haven

Which I thought was a fine movie. I'm not sure how things went back in the 70's but if they could have ran that alternating storylines at the same time I think I would have came away more impressed.

Like I said I don't think that was the way the director wanted to movie to roll...but I personally would have enjoyed the story more if that had been the case.

I'd love to hear someone argue the otherside of this....however I'm assuming that it will just be what I was saying...in which case it just wasn't for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information