Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Yeah, it's sad in the end but, that was a good twist.
    I liked the twist too....it wasn't really just one twist either...the whole 2nd half of the movie kept you guessing...and I found myself constantly one step behind which was great.

Just curious....did other people feel he did the wrong thing....or are there people around that actually liked the decision he made.

Once again...I understand people realize why he did it...but I'm almost posing a "what would you do in that situation."

Comment

• Originally posted by CrosbySucks View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboQmDIdKWs

Holy crap Max Payne looks awesome. I can honestly say it's the first time I've ever wanted to see a video game movie.
      I can't stop laughing at Wahlberg trying to mimic the Max Payne voice. Sounds like he spent a month force feeding himself whiskey and cigarettes just to get it that far.

I will only pay money to see Max Payne if I am assured that the writers made sure to borrow phrases from the actual video game.

After Y2K, the end of the world had become a cliché. But who was I to talk, a brooding underdog avenger alone against an empire of evil out to right a grave injustice. Everything was subjective. There were only personal apocalypses. Nothing is a cliché when it's happening to you.
      There was a blind spot in my head, a bullet-shaped hole where the answers should be. Call it denial. I wanted to dig inside my skull and scrape out the pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
        Ok, I have just seen an advert for a thriller called Donkey Punch... wth?
        haha that ruled

When you party hard...

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
          I liked the twist too....it wasn't really just one twist either...the whole 2nd half of the movie kept you guessing...and I found myself constantly one step behind which was great.

Just curious....did other people feel he did the wrong thing....or are there people around that actually liked the decision he made.

Once again...I understand people realize why he did it...but I'm almost posing a "what would you do in that situation."
          I cant go either way on that one...because, I def. like and respect that he did keep his word and Bea (the aunt) seemed like a great person. On the other hand, he did end up ruining a lot of lives in the process and the mother, obviously will never learn (she didnt even know the daughter's doll's name, geez)...which will more than likely lead to a rougher life for the girl. I'd like to think that he would be there to help her and look out for her as she grew up. Of course, it doesnt go that far into the story or anything but, you never know. He may feel inclined to, after the dust cleared and everything unfolded. The Mom obviously wasnt go to be there.

If it was me...I would just try really hard to explain things to Bea. She hated the mother and knew that she never really cared for the girl. I doubt Bea would have turned them in. The girl was happy, her husband would still be at home, and those that died, wouldnt have died in vain. It would obviously be tough but, I think she would do what was best for the child and imo, in the long run that would have been to stay w/ Doyle. (Morgan Freeman)

Yeah, great movie.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-13-2008, 04:29 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            I can't stop laughing at Wahlberg trying to mimic the Max Payne voice. Sounds like he spent a month force feeding himself whiskey and cigarettes just to get it that far.

I will only pay money to see Max Payne if I am assured that the writers made sure to borrow phrases from the actual video game.
            Doesnt even seem like Max Payne to me. Still it doesnt look awful, I still cant even imagine how Mila Kunis is going to pull off a character like Mono Sax. All looks well until she opens her mouth. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              I cant go either way on that one...because, I def. like and respect that he did keep his word and Bea (the aunt) seemed like a great person. On the other hand, he did end up ruining a lot of lives in the process and the mother, obviously will never learn (she didnt even know the daughter's doll's name, geez)...which will more than likely lead to a rougher life for the girl. I'd like to think that he would be there to help her and look out for her as she grew up. Of course, it doesnt go that far into the story or anything but, you never know. He may feel inclined to, after the dust cleared and everything unfolded. The Mom obviously wasnt go to be there.

If it was me...I would just try really hard to explain things to Bea. She hated the mother and knew that she never really cared for the girl. I doubt Bea would have turned them in. The girl was happy, her husband would still be at home, and those that died, wouldnt have died in vain. It would obviously be tough but, I think she would do what was best for the child and imo, in the long run that would have been to stay w/ Doyle. (Morgan Freeman)

Yeah, great movie.
              white
              Giving up his own wife just seemed like too much to give up for himself...let alone all the other lives affected

Comment

• Just saw Boogie Nights.....Wow, Paul Thomas Anderson is a god among men

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                  Just saw Boogie Nights.....Wow, Paul Thomas Anderson is a god among men
                  The film is also full of amazing performances from a insane cast. Marky Mark was just perfect for the role. John C Reiley has never been funnier. Probably my favorite cast of any movie.
                  Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                  the only hot actreeses are adult
                  Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                  players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                  Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                    Just saw Boogie Nights.....Wow, Paul Thomas Anderson is a god among men
                    you are just realizing this now? Boogie Nights is epic. And I absolutely love Punch Drunk Love. anything by PTA deserves a watch. The man is a legend.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Jodie Foster night!!!!

Taxi Driver and then Silence of the Lambs. Jodie Foster seems to be an actress that has always been a star, but never been mentioned as one of the better actresses in the past 20-30 years...

Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• I just watched Any Given Sunday for the first time, and I have to say that it has become one of my favorite movies. Is anyone else a big fan of it?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• I love it. Gotta love Steamin' Willie Beamen's rise to stardom. Beamen always reminds me of Romo. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                            I just watched Any Given Sunday for the first time, and I have to say that it has become one of my favorite movies. Is anyone else a big fan of it?
                            It's the best football movie I have ever seen. Hard to expect anything less considering the talent that created the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Boy View Post
                              It's the best football movie I have ever seen. Hard to expect anything less considering the talent that created the film.
                              Little Giants was better than Any Given Sunday. I never thought it was that good of a film.

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Boy View Post
                                Brian's Song, Jerry Maguire, The Longest Yard (74 version), and Friday Night Lights beg to differ.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information